In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Sorry but, how was Anders insulted?

He wasn't. Fredrik Virtanen is a retard. No shocker since he is a so called ''journalist'' at Aftonbladet (Swedens biggest propaganda newspaper).

Anders wasn't insulted nor did he feel insulted. But Virtanen tries to spin it that way to get clicks on the article.

Sorry but, how was Anders insulted?

When Skavlan tried to growl, he made Anders look like an idiot and disrespected him, according to Virtanen, the fat blonde guy with glasses. He also said that Skavlan wouldn't disrespect Elvis Costello in that fashion, who's there as well.

So, acording to the journalist, Anders insulted Elvis Costello, Desmond Tutu and the woman from Abba. I agree with Krofius, I did not see how Anders could've been insulted and he didn't looked like he was.

So, acording to the journalist, Anders insulted Elvis Costello, Desmond Tutu and the woman from Abba. I agree with Krofius, I did not see how Anders could've been insulted and he didn't looked like he was.

No, the host (Skavlan) "insulted" Anders and only Anders by making fun of growling, according to the journalist. But like Krofius said, that journalist is a retard.

From what I've gathered over the years, Anders is a cat with some claws, if he felt insulted he would tear Skavlan a new butthole.

No, the host (Skavlan) "insulted" Anders and only Anders by making fun of growling, according to the journalist. But like Krofius said, that journalist is a retard.

From what I've gathered over the years, Anders is a cat with some claws, if he felt insulted he would tear Skavlan a new butthole.

Ffs, imagine being torn a new anything by a man who wrote the lyrics to ASOP :D

I dont understand why did they record same setlist twice? Gotenburg show could be different. Thats bad. But I like how Anders sing on Stockholm.

The In Flames/Sepultura show I went to in London in 2006 was back to front people going crazy... awesome show :D not a Chosen Pessimist, Disconnected or Through Oblivion in sight.

Must've been amazing.

The last good year I've come to the conclusion of for In Flames live was 2009. Even then shit songs like Alias and Delight and Angers were around but the sets were still great

I dont understand why did they record same setlist twice? Gotenburg show could be different. Thats bad. But I like how Anders sing on Stockholm.

It's like how comedians record their standup comedy specials.

They perform/record the same set(jokes) two or three nights in a row and pick out the what they feel are their best performances of their material(or songs) and edit them all together as one presentation.

After watching the amateur recordings of the Hovet show on Youtube, wow. He did scream/growl his balls off. And that's a good thing. Great brutal/aggressive execution. Just wish they took out weak songs like Ropes and replaced them with a better classic metal song they've done. Especially with the way Anders was belting out screams that night.

Yeah. Nowadays Anders leaves the screams just for the recordings. It doesn't seem to be very honest.

It's like how comedians record their standup comedy specials.

After watching the amateur recordings of the Hovet show on Youtube, wow. He did scream/growl his balls off. And that's a good thing. Great brutal/aggressive execution. Just wish they took out weak songs like Ropes and replaced them with a better classic metal song they've done. Especially with the way Anders was belting out screams that night.

I agree. His perfomance was awesome

I agree. His perfomance was awesome

I think in this tour generally he was screaming his ass off. I saw them both in London and in Gothenburg and he pretty much growled/screamed like crazy in both shows.
Maybe the new growl style that he has been using in SC and in this tour is not as bad for his throat as the high pitched screaming he did in CC and before, so he has more capacity to scream/growl more now.

Yeah. Nowadays Anders leaves the screams just for the recordings. It doesn't seem to be very honest.

Can't tell if you are trolling or not. He's been doing great this whole European tour. Maybe it's like shad0w said, growling is easier for him nowadays, so that's why he growls so much on many songs now. He's still screaming a lot but definitely not as much as before. Much more growling. I know many of you don't like The Chosen Pessimist but that song was very good. The first 4 balladish minutes was a welcome rest right after OFTW crazyness. And then when the distorted guitars kick in and especially the last chorus and that outro, I love it. That 1min outro makes the song for me. It's like The Puzzle's outro but much better.

I wouldn't really call growl what he does now, but it suits him well. And I know that he cannot growl like he did in the good times.

Can't tell if you are trolling or not. He's been doing great this whole European tour. Maybe it's like shad0w said, growling is easier for him nowadays, so that's why he growls so much on many songs now.

Most of the new songs don't even have growls in them, so I imagine that helps too :D

I know many of you don't like The Chosen Pessimist but that song was very good. The first 4 balladish minutes was a welcome rest right after OFTW crazyness. And then when the distorted guitars kick in and especially the last chorus and that outro, I love it. That 1min outro makes the song for me. It's like The Puzzle's outro but much better.

Yes but you love everything they do so your opinion is taken with a somewhat large pinch of salt :D since when have people needed to rest at a metal concert ffs? If you want a slow song to calm things down play Moonshield, Jester Script Transfigured, Satellites and Astronauts, Evil in a Closet... you know, anything that's actually good, rather than the shitheap that is The Chosen Pessimist.

I wouldn't really call growl what he does now, but it suits him well. And I know that he cannot growl like he did in the good times.

Yes. What I mean by him "growling" as of recent is more of the abrupt guttural scream he's doing on some songs now, which is still better than whiny yelling.

Most of the new songs don't even have growls in them, so I imagine that helps too :D

Yes but you love everything they do so your opinion is taken with a somewhat large pinch of salt :D since when have people needed to rest at a metal concert ffs? If you want a slow song to calm things down play Moonshield, Jester Script Transfigured, Satellites and Astronauts, Evil in a Closet... you know, anything that's actually good, rather than the shitheap that is The Chosen Pessimist.

Exactly. Play a slower, better, classic song. Simple. TCP is a ridiculous choice.

New generations are weak.

Seems that way.