In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

New generations are weak.

You can't really say that with a straight face.

Young musicians like I Shall Devour, myself, and other new "artists" do try to go as heavy as possible. All don't, but there certainly are some musicians who are really really heavy.

Here, hear this song out by I Shall Devour, you may or may not like it, but you cannot deny that it is heavy as fuck.

Here's one of my songs I just have finished. It is a song about "Christmas", seen from the side of those who it was stolen from.
It is purposely using elements from another famous "christmas" tune. While it doesn't start very heavy, it does have its parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't really say that with a straight face.

Young musicians like I Shall Devour, myself, and other new "artists" do try to go as heavy as possible. All don't, but there certainly are some musicians who are really really heavy.

I was talking about the teenagers attending the IF shows.

I'm so sorry mr BRUTALZ OLDSKOOL TVUE FAN on behalf of all the teenagers (even though im 28:p) who are fake and dont mosh and headbang as much as you.
I BOW DOWN TO YOUR INCREDIBLE EXTRA EXTRA HEAVY METALNESSSS. PLEASE SHOW MERCY TO US LESSER MORTALS :p

No. You should do some exercise to keep healthy. And remember, we, the ones who do not like SC, are the Fake fans, not you who blindly accept everything they do. (It's funny how people uses to take comments as personal matters).

Daymn, IF first band to make a setlist where songs are not thrown into randomly, but it actually has a heavier and slower part, and the slow part usually comes after the heavy ones. Wtf is this?!

Okay, we just said the same thing. Anyway, if it was All For Me + another slower song, you people would not complain, even if it would be essentially the same thing.

In Plain View
Everything's Gone
Fear Is the Weakness
Trigger
Resin
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
With Eyes Wide Open
Paralyzed
Through Oblivion
Ropes
Delight and Angers
Cloud Connected
Only for the Weak
The Chosen Pessimist
The Quiet Place
When the World Explodes (with Emilia Feldt)
Rusted Nail
The Mirror's Truth
Deliver Us
Take This Life

Swap out Ropes with Colony, then, put in 2-3 better songs in Chosen Pessimist's place(Gyroscope, Embody, Bullet Ride, Clayman etc. etc.) and it would have been a lot better.

Hopefully there's another set filmed for this production or just more content with maybe some random performances of songs played like the 2004 dvd had. Knowing the bare-minimum style of work they do now this will probably just be it, though.

Never took a look at this before somehow:
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/in-flames-43d6837f.html

In Plain View
Everything's Gone
Fear Is the Weakness
Trigger
Resin
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
With Eyes Wide Open
Paralyzed
Through Oblivion
Ropes
Delight and Angers
Cloud Connected
Only for the Weak
The Chosen Pessimist
The Quiet Place
When the World Explodes (with Emilia Feldt)
Rusted Nail
The Mirror's Truth
Deliver Us
Take This Life

Swap out Ropes with Colony, then, put in 2-3 better songs in Chosen Pessimist's place(Gyroscope, Embody, Bullet Ride, Clayman etc. etc.) and it would have been a lot better.

Hopefully there's another set filmed for this production or just more content with maybe some random performances of songs played like the 2004 dvd had. Knowing the bare-minimum style of work they do now this will probably just be it, though.

Never took a look at this before somehow:
http://www.setlist.fm/stats/in-flames-43d6837f.html

I'm not saying it would not be better, though let's be real, 3 3mins+ songs would not fit in instead of TCP, only 2. Anyway, a lot of shit TCP is getting is totally uncalled for, and pretty much only fueled by what you just; the guys complaining would enjoy two other songs they actually like instead of that one. Sure, they would probably switch out half of the setlist, but this is the only song taking up so much time, and I guess this is the easiest to shit on, saying no one cares for this one, even though it's not true.

I think a good setlist is made from variety. What people here tried to do is make either a "my perfect setlist" or a "my perfect setlist which does not oppose IF's current stance towards their certain songs". Of course TCP for example has weaknesses if you look at it this way, but in reality, TCP's only flaw is that the setlist is rigid as fuck. If at least 4 songs would be rotated at every show, then TCP could even remain a staple, people would be less bitchy about it.

Another form of variety (in my eyes), however, is the difference between setlists from tour to tour. Like, I don't mind this setlist being so rigid (for a reason, I might add, DVD ya' know) if they make changes for the next one. I just don't want them to become some bestof tour band. They take so much pride in being experimental in their music, so they better show up, when it comes to live shows.

No, I would still complain. Not only TCP. The setlist is weak, it lacks of energy.
Okay, now explain me this one, because I'm lost. How is the set lacking energy? IF makes pretty energetic tracks (old or new alike) to begin with, so they would have a really hard time if they wanted to make a 19-song setlist without much energy.

But I'll bite, make a setlist which you would call energetic, but I pray to God you won't just throw in 20 fast paced songs, because you should know it would be silly. Also, if you can, add an explanation why each song is energetic, while some you ejected are not. Obviously, you don'T have to explain why take this life or vacuum are energetic, and why with eyes wide open or through oblivion not.

What atrocious, atrocious setlist posted above. My god.

Anathema is doing a throwback tour playing all the old stuff. Real musicians, that band. IF could do something like that, out of respect for old school fans who made them great. I wouldn't attend but it would be a nice show of respect. Ya I know they did that one at sticky fingers or whatever but they should do it again.

I think a good setlist is made from variety.

This is what this setlist lacks.

Okay, now explain me this one, because I'm lost. How is the set lacking energy? IF makes pretty energetic tracks (old or new alike) to begin with, so they would have a really hard time if they wanted to make a 19-song setlist without much energy.

Let me make numbers: 3 ballads, 11 mid-tempos, then EG and WTWE (wich I count as a weak songs), two fast paced and OFTW (greatest song ever). So, yes, is a weak setlist and with little variety.

But I'll bite, make a setlist which you would call energetic, but I pray to God you won't just throw in 20 fast paced songs, because you should know it would be silly. Also, if you can, add an explanation why each song is energetic, while some you ejected are not. Obviously, you don'T have to explain why take this life or vacuum are energetic, and why with eyes wide open or through oblivion not.

I'll take the bait. Not only this, I'm gonna put some songs I won't like to listen at live just because they might be in the setlist, even more, as is a SC tour, I'm going to add 4 to 5 SC songs (more is execsive). And have in mind that I'm gonna make a setlist as if they are a band proud of all their albums. But before a little disgression, just came to my mind. It's well said Siren Charms or should it be Siren's charms, I'm asking to our english and north americans fellow companions.

Here we go:
Embody the Invisible
Take This Life
Trigger
Rusted Nail
Paralyzed
Where the dead ships dwell
Behind Space
Moonshield
The Hive
Colony
Clayman
Dead Eyes
Trough Oblivion
Deliver Us
Alias
Cloud Connected
Crawl Through Knives
Come Clarity
Only for the Weak
Episode 666
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

Here you got. If you don't like the order you can change it. Also, I'm gonna tell you that many of those songs are songs that people actually told them on their facebook page that want to listen at live.

What atrocious, atrocious setlist posted above. My god.

Anathema is doing a throwback tour playing all the old stuff. Real musicians, that band. IF could do something like that, out of respect for old school fans who made them great. I wouldn't attend but it would be a nice show of respect. Ya I know they did that one at sticky fingers or whatever but they should do it again.

Man, Anathema is not the best example if we talk about going gay.

Oh... Well, don't judge us all by what we decide to go and see.
Going to see In Flames doesn't necessarily mean that they don't like heavy stuff.
I've listened to Edward Grieg.

While I enjoy really heavy stuff, I find classical music to be absolutely wonderful as well. - The point I'm making is, don't judge folks based upon looks or numbers of winters experienced, nor what hand their main one is, or what people decide to listen to. Just because people look one way, or what number of winters, or what hand one writes with, or in this case, listen to In Flames while being in their teens, doesn't equal not liking heavy stuff. :3

Edit: Wow, just checked the set list. I have never heard Minus played live, but seems like they have played it live, 9 times. Shame it never has been captured.

No man, I'm talking about those who justify TCP live saying that they need to rest after such an "intense" show. I'm a fan of Steven Wilson and Pink Floyd, so I like more soft stuff too.

Yes, talk to our minister of education, our president and a long etc.

This woman is the Major from Madrid, wife from our Ex president and member of the government party, and here seh's defending the Madrid candidature to the Olimpic Games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SluVUMq0Q4g

I meant, Anathema went from doing death metal to gay music.

Setlists should include at least one song from every album (except maybe LS).

This is just plain ridiculous. And it's getting worse every year.

So, 5-6 songs from the first five albums. 7-8 songs from RTR-ASOP. 7-8 songs from SOAPF and SC.

No time wasting, sleep inducing TCP.

What do we have now?

2 songs from first five albums
4 songs from RTR-CC
3 songs from ASOP
4 from SOAPF
7 from SC

Atrocious.

Setlists should include at least one song from every album (except maybe LS).

This is just plain ridiculous. And it's getting worse every year.

So, 5-6 songs from the first five albums. 7-8 songs from RTR-ASOP. 7-8 songs from SOAPF and SC.

No time wasting, sleep inducing TCP.

What do we have now?

2 songs from first five albums
4 songs from RTR-CC
3 songs from ASOP
4 from SOAPF
7 from SC

Atrocious.

Yeah, but they have built up quite a big catalog. I agree that they could've spread out better, or made the gigs a bit longer. The old isn't represented enough.