In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

So no thread about how shitty the new dvd is going to be? :(

Well, my prediction, new album in three years, electro-rock album :).

Yeah we'll do that actually. Not exactly sure when it'll come out but we should make a thread.

Yeah most likely. Anders and Bjorn will be international pop stars in that time lololol :D

I think Krofius was kidding about contacting the admin and getting this thread locked :D

People have to come to accepting that people think differently. None of us are right, none of us are wrong. This s just a matter of opinions and is nothing to argue about. One likes the music, another doesn't.

Had it been about something that could be proven to be correct or not, then it would be of what actually can matter. Here, nothing matters but your opinion, and yours only.

^ I agree.

Except for one thing... Siren Charms is certainly the most bland In Flames album and is definitely lacking soul, emotion and depth. I truly do not believe this is arguable.

No. I al right. Jester Cicko, Shadow and Krofius only say that it's a great album but they don't know why. So I win :)

I was just kidding yes. de4life knows my irony too well, but I thought it was pretty obvious anyway. Didn't know Jesper shared one of my vids, will have to check that up.

A pretty random question, but I thought about it a bunch of years ago and started to think about it again recently, does anyone have any clue where the sample-things from Your Bedtime Story Is Scarying Everyone is? You can pretty much not make out what anyone is saying, just random chatter, but I really like the song, mostly just the first 3~min before the vocals kick in though.

Not a clue. I was listening to that song the other day though, and I think they should have just used it as an outro, rather than add guitars+vocals at the end. I get why they did it, but it kinda comes out of nowhere and ruins the ambience. Plus the vocals seem to be layered too thick and come through a little too strong.

Check Jesper's fb account Krofius, he linked to Scorn from the 1999 Detroit show.

Bjorn's response to the royalties story is class. Look at his FB post.

Yeah gave me a good laugh lol. Don't know why he's talking only about Björn though, on his high horse, not one of the current members was in the band when Henke Forss did his session vocals? So are they even getting royalties from material written and released before they were in the band? I highly doubt that.

On Subterranean it says:

''All music by In Flames, Lyrics by Henke Forss''. Do you get royalties for the songs or for the lyrics, or for both equally? Anyone knows?

Does say though:
Credits

In Flames

Henke Forss - vocals
Jesper Strömblad - guitar
Glenn Ljungström - guitar
Johann Larsson - bass

Weird situation. But of course he should get whatever small amount of royalties there is. But I'm pretty sure any members of In Flames at the moment is not related to it at all? Shouldn't he talk to Jesper maybe?

Yeah gave me a good laugh lol. Don't know why he's talking only about Björn though, on his high horse, not one of the current members was in the band when Henke Forss did his session vocals? So are they even getting royalties from material written and released before they were in the band? I highly doubt that.

On Subterranean it says:

''All music by In Flames, Lyrics by Henke Forss''. Do you get royalties for the songs or for the lyrics, or for both equally? Anyone knows?

Does say though:
Credits

In Flames

Henke Forss - vocals
Jesper Strömblad - guitar
Glenn Ljungström - guitar
Johann Larsson - bass

Weird situation. But of course he should get whatever small amount of royalties there is. But I'm pretty sure any members of In Flames at the moment is not related to it at all? Shouldn't he talk to Jesper maybe?

It depends con of they registered the tracks as a band or of they did as personal writers. If they did last then it should be the record label the one in charge of paying the royalties. If they did as a band, then the royalties must be paid between the members of that album.
There's another option, that they created a company (por label) that's in charge of the royalties. Be it the last case, then they're the responsibles of the royalties and must divide the money and deliver it to the people in charge of the credits (i don't know if i explained myself right, sorry but I'm being a los ttle thick today).

Is there any info on this whole Henke Forss thing? Can't find anything.

Edit: except the question from the interviewer, of course.

It did make me laugh in the interview when Bjorn says "the recording in the studio can get kind of repetitive" ... yeah, with those riffs I imagine it can :D

It did make me laugh in the interview when Bjorn says "the recording in the studio can get kind of repetitive" ... yeah, with those riffs I imagine it can :D

You forget about the long recording sessions awaiting for Anders to properly sing his lines.