In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

LOL, Paralyzed chorus...

Dude is so out of tune and out of his depth.

Listening to the new songs live. They are empty, no emotion at all. Also you guys talk about paralyzed, but Anders is killing OFTW, just a terrible singing. To end, the new songs sound as boring live as they do at studio.

Paralyzed's riffs actually sound pretty heavy live. Way more energetic than the studio sound... But yet once again, every song on the record is mixed horribly and they all sound monotonous.

The way Anders sang in the chorus in that video "CAAAAST OUT", he was like a full note below how it's supposed to sound lol.

I feel like Paralyzed should've been constructed with the main riff we hear played once, then it repeated again while some kind of leading In Flames-style guitar melody is played over it and that drives it/gives it character in a familiar In Flames fashion.

Also, I'm getting closer to having to get tickets to IF/Opeth show in NYC next month and I can't get an answer as to who is supporting who. How do co-headlined shows go? Both bands play a full set?

A WASTELAIAIAIAIAIANT

haha he is so out of tune. sounds bad in the proshot - didnt really notice it when I was at the show though.
Through oblivion sounds bad live as well.

Even though i like both songs and SC in general, Anders really needs to realise that he cant pull these songs off live. In plain view though is awesome live and as an opener.

At the show it's not so noticeable due to the general noise level being so high. On proper videos however Anders always sounds beyond awful.

So a Turkish guy wrote a review about the Scandinavium concert, I'm going to try to translate his thoughts for the concert. Not all the thing but the parts I thought that important.

"This was the 6. time I watch IF live but first time in Sweden. I was pretty close to the stage..
...Anders's performance was pretty good over the concert. It's not hard to see that his cleans improved.
...I actually like all the IF albums, but i LOVE old IF albums. I'm really big fan of them. And Resin is my favorite track of IF. Suprisingly, Resin was the weakest of the set. Not that they played it bad, but it's not a concert song. After Resin, they played Where The Dead Ships Dwell and I started headbangin."

Watch the proshot video link I posted on the last page and one will see that anyone who says Resin is not good live especially the way Anders is screaming/growling it lately has to be out of their mind.

Also, I've been singing for 10 years... Eyes Wide Open and Paralyzed's verses are fairly simple to carry out. Notes aren't held too long and a minimal amount of vibrato on the tail end of some words. He can't replicate the studio voice at all live for some reason

A WASTELAIAIAIAIAIANT

haha he is so out of tune. sounds bad in the proshot - didnt really notice it when I was at the show though.
Through oblivion sounds bad live as well.

Even though i like both songs and SC in general, Anders really needs to realise that he cant pull these songs off live. In plain view though is awesome live and as an opener.

Yeah you won't notice at a show generally. Unless you're in the back or balcony observing from a distance where you can both visually and audibly digest the performance clearly.

Watch the proshot video link I posted on the last page and one will see that anyone who says Resin is not good live especially the way Anders is screaming/growling it lately has to be out of their mind.

Also, I've been singing for 10 years... Eyes Wide Open and Paralyzed's verses are fairly simple to carry out. Notes aren't held too long and a minimal amount of vibrato on the tail end of some words. He can't replicate the studio voice at all live for some reason

Its because he isn't doing it in the studio either. I think it's fair to say he's getting a lot of help from a certain Mr A. Tune.

Sounds like he was drunk.

No man, his opinion is more useful than yours or mine since he is saying good things about IF new style.

It's funny when people starts with the "dude I'm a big fan of the old albums" before the "SC is soooo great", it's as if they're really saying "I'm so ashamed of liking SC that I have to reaffrim my position by saying that I'm a true metal fan".

No man, his opinion is more useful than yours or mine since he is saying good things about IF new style.

It's funny when people starts with the "dude I'm a big fan of the old albums" before the "SC is soooo great", it's as if they're really saying "I'm so ashamed of liking SC that I have to reaffrim my position by saying that I'm a true metal fan".

:D if you're going to like shitty music, just say you like shitty music and take your deserved insults on the chin. Or if you're Jester Slave write non-fiction novels about your insane ideas and post them on a forum. Whatever works.

Nice song. crappy video. Beats Rusted Nail anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well you should really read my post again dude, cause I didnt say anything about SC.

Well you should really read my post again dude, cause I didnt say anything about SC.

Of course you didn't say anything... about nothing, you just took some other guy's words.

...Anders's performance was pretty good over the concert. It's not hard to see that his cleans improved.

I'm sure he is talking about TJR songs.

We know that no one can be as true metal as you eochaid, so rest assured, there is no challenge there :D

I love how the two of you are throwing the ball to each other. It's kinda super-gay, but it' still funny, so keep it up!

It's somewhat said though that you feel the urge to be jackasses whenever someone says or even just quotes something that doesn't shit all over new IF, whether it's the albums or the live shows. On the other hand, if that review woulda' said "omg, new songs are so shitty live, Anders sucks balls" you'd be "YOU SEE??!?!". I understand though, must be shitty to be part of an underground hipster club, so you have to raise your voices to feel relevant. :D

Boy, I do hope you two did not yet see the new Star Wars teaser, because it's 100% you would get a heart-attack from that lightsaber. "What is this shit?! Where is Darth Vader? These young fools are ruining EVERYTHING. First, my music, then my movies. Fuck this! Let's post on ultimatemetal that I still think SC sucks, I know ppl are very interested on my unbiased, anger-filled opinion! And fuck those lightsabers!!!!" :D

Boy, I do hope you two did not yet see the new Star Wars teaser, because it's 100% you would get a heart-attack from that lightsaber. "What is this shit?! Where is Darth Vader? These young fools are ruining EVERYTHING. First, my music, then my movies. Fuck this! Let's post on ultimatemetal that I still think SC sucks, I know ppl are very interested on my unbiased, anger-filled opinion! And fuck those lightsabers!!!!" :D

This is somewhat ot of the topic.

I'm more into Indiana Jones. And no, they fucked everything with the second trilogy so, everything they come now can only be for better.