In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

and SOAPF looks like an extra effort to show to the fans that there was life before Jesper departure.

About SOAPF... That's a great point. Can't believe I didn't realize that myself now that SC has come out. They definitely did try "harder" for SOAPF. Had something to prove. Now with Siren Charms they had no "pressure" from anywhere to deal with so they just did... what they did.

Wait, is OT supposed to be a song abbreviation? I don't get what song are you referring to then. :eek:

Woops I'm usually good at proof-reading. I meant "It". As in The Chase

Isn't every shounen boring plot-wise? All of them build up on the same formula.

Nope. There are big differences between them but, of course, they all got the same "rules": friendship, effort, etc. But it's not the same reading DB than Naruto or One Piece. Also, the same could be said for the romance anime. The originallity is not on the plot but on the drawnings and the story or the treatment the author gives to his manga. One day, when you're really bored, try FMA, you are gonna be gratefully surprised.

Nope. There are big differences between them but, of course, they all got the same "rules": friendship, effort, etc. But it's not the same reading DB than Naruto or One Piece. Also, the same could be said for the romance anime. The originallity is not on the plot but on the drawnings and the story or the treatment the author gives to his manga. One day, when you're really bored, try FMA, you are gonna be gratefully surprised.
Not gonna lie, good drawing can suck me in. That's part of the reason why I like Soul Eater or Angel Beats for example. I'm not too fond of the "average" Anime drawing, like the original FMA. The colors are so dead and boring.

SE also had a lot of unique things, just think about the scene when Medusa's arrow-like blood falling down on Stein, or how Chrona is tortured by Ragnarok. It can be extremely cruel, while in the next episode it's fucking EXCALIBUUUUR. It also had some plot twists, like the betrayal of a certain character.

Not gonna lie, good drawing can suck me in. That's part of the reason why I like Soul Eater or Angel Beats for example. I'm not too fond of the "average" Anime drawing, like the original FMA. The colors are so dead and boring.

SE also had a lot of unique things, just think about the scene when Medusa's arrow-like blood falling down on Stein, or how Chrona is tortured by Ragnarok. It can be extremely cruel, while in the next episode it's fucking EXCALIBUUUUR. It also had some plot twists, like the betrayal of a certain character.

Oh I never said I don't like Soul Eater, in fact, I like it, more the manga than the anime. But still, FMA is a must view. If you like deep characters, it has, if you like comedy, it has, if you like drama, it has, also a deep message against war and racism and an incredibly story. If you don't want to see the anime just read the manga, you're gonna love it.

Since I bought the new Dragon Age, free time for me stopped existing. :D But I'll might eventually get around downloading watching Brotherhood; I know reading could not hold my interest, especially since I already have 2 other mangas I'm behind like 100 chapters each.

Oh, and I completely forgot Fate/Zero. Man, I've fallen in love with it, despite having the worst first episode I've ever seen. I literally spent 40 minutes listening to people talking about things I did not understand at all.

10:30 Krofius why didn't you mention that kid on stage killing it with the growls on the last chorus of Only for the Weak??

Fan's cam^ Anders takes it and films him in the last chorus

Last edited by a moderator:

10:30 Krofius why didn't you mention that kid on stage killing it with the growls on the last chorus of Only for the Weak??

Fan's cam^ Anders takes it and films him in the last chorus

Then you are not very observant :p

I did "review" the show the day after. I did say how the guy got on stage by throwing is iPhone up there, and that he did the last chorus and sounded good, even though he failed the last lyrics, but who cares about that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they switch it up from show to show?

Possibly. A couple years ago I saw Symphony X and Iced Earth on a "co-headlining" tour, where the two bands each played an equally long set and just alternated places on the bill every other night (so one night SX would be the last to play, and the following night IE would close the show instead). Maybe it's something along the lines of that.

I am hereby ashamed of the tragedy that is this American audience.

The newer albums have seemed to attracted weirdos that do nothing but just stand there. Horrific.