In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Jester Slave, Chosen Pessimist is a complete waste of time for a show and is weak and painfully boring. Like DE said before, they could play a greater slow song like Satellites and Astronauts, Evil in a Closet or any of a plethora of others. There are just much better slower and deep In Flames songs to be played. It's not even arguable. To "rest", that's all they'd need. Not the long break that TCP offers. TCP is not some legendary "epic" that people come to see. It's just not.

The whole setlist is terrible, but for it being played for the new album plus the fact that IF hate their real fans of all of their material from day one that have been around for years (I'm only 23 so don't call I or others "old") then yes we understand why they're playing so much new shit. Duh, that's not the issue.

I myself simply said just throw in "Colony", then put in 2-3 better songs in Chosen Pessimist's place then it'd be a good setlist since they do have to focus on the new album.

Even though you'd like to throw us all in the pile of simply "haters." We here all understand even why in the 2004 dvd they had to play so much STYE (which still had many great live tracks)... It was the new album at the time. We're not stupid or ignorant.

Also, Echoaid's setlist is perfectly reasonable and logical, would be a great IF show to see.

To be honest this is probably the best setlist IF could play in the modern era, courtesy of Echoaid. Would be a great show to see. This is how they should honor their entire catalogue.

Embody the Invisible
Take This Life
Trigger
Rusted Nail
Paralyzed
Where the dead ships dwell
Behind Space
Moonshield
The Hive
Colony
Clayman
Dead Eyes
Trough Oblivion
Deliver Us
Alias
Cloud Connected
Crawl Through Knives
Come Clarity
Only for the Weak
Episode 666
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

Can't think of a set they could play that would do better at pleasing everyone.

Hm.
1. Why do so many people love WTDSD? Fear Is The Weakness and Ropes are so much better.
2. Why would you choose Clayman over Swim/Bullet Ride/Pinball Map?
3. Why wouldn't UC go to an IF throwback show?
4. Why Dead Eyes? I thought you hated SC echo, and you pick DEAD EYES? With Eyes Wide Open is just so much better. Dead Eyes feels really drawn out.

And I'm still saying that I wouldn't give up hope entirely until they are playing this SC-tour. We do not know how many songs will stick.

All of your questions can be answered by the mind-blowing revelation that not everybody has the same opinion as you. Insane, I know, but think about it for a while and it'll click eventually.

Hm.
1. Why do so many people love WTDSD? Fear Is The Weakness and Ropes are so much better.
2. Why would you choose Clayman over Swim/Bullet Ride/Pinball Map?
3. Why wouldn't UC go to an IF throwback show?
4. Why Dead Eyes? I thought you hated SC echo, and you pick DEAD EYES? With Eyes Wide Open is just so much better. Dead Eyes feels really drawn out.

You do the changes, I don't care. It's still a balanced setlist. Far better than what they're playing now. Muy motivations are not based on my likings but on my opinions.

All of your questions can be answered by the mind-blowing revelation that not everybody has the same opinion as you. Insane, I know, but think about it for a while and it'll click eventually.
Coming from you, really?

And how does my opinion has to do anything with UC not wanting to attend IF show which he suggested, and where they would only play songs from an era he really liked? :D

1. It is a rather powerful song compared to Ropes, Fear is The Weakness is up there with Dead Ships though, I like that too. I find it live after seeing it a few times to feel kinda raw and doesn't feel as smooth as it does on the record but it still has a great chorus. Where Dead Ships Dwell is just a cool concept, is sung very well throughout, the riffs are really damn good and the choruses are huge and you can really feel it.

2. It's pretty much a pick out of a hat with any of the songs you listed. When they do a play a Clayman song that's not Only for the weak it's one of those.

4. Echoaid just probably felt that Dead Eyes was a better slower-balladish type song to play in his setlist he whipped up. Eyes Wide Open is kind of just repetitive and IMO doesn't have the same emotion that Evil In Closet or Come Clarity have. Again the whole album (SC) feels empty in this same sense.

I'm curious what the setlist will be like for the small USA tour they're doing this December. I'm seeing them in NYC the 18th.

Nice thoughts. I totally agree with you.

Nice thoughts. I totally agree with you.

I daydreamed for a minute or two earlier today about what it would be like seeing IF these days with the setlist you came up with. That would be pretty damn fun. Great variety throughout. Especially liked the nice touch of Episode 666 near the end of the "show" haha. Ah, what could be. Sucks.

I don't know about the one song/band policy. I could watch almost every 2013 NIN festival show, because they were streamed via youtube and people recorded it, so even if the festival hosts did not upload themselves, people who ripped it could provide the whole footage in really good quality.

It's said that I type in "knotfest 2014 in flames" and there's nothing. Also, why do you think they did not play OFTW? Is it because most of the people were there for Slipknot, so the were afraid f the awkwardness where just a handful of people going crazy over the track?

It's said that I type in "knotfest 2014 in flames" and there's nothing. Also, why do you think they did not play OFTW? Is it because most of the people were there for Slipknot, so the were afraid f the awkwardness where just a handful of people going crazy over the track?

Yes, that's why they played a mediocre setlist.

Good interview with Björn, talks a bit about Jespers recent post about In Flames as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacting forum admin so he can close the thread now that the discussion about the album is finalized.

So no thread about how shitty the new dvd is going to be? :(

Well, my prediction, new album in three years, electro-rock album :).