In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

People love us. We've probably not been particularly entertaining lately though...

So I was listening title track of SC today. I think its really good. With heavier vocals, it could be on SOAPF. Drums are awesome,guitars interesting and pretty melodic. Chorus is good too since they doing awesome jobs on choruses. Solo is very melodic and its harmonized which we love. I think its one of the top 10 Modern IF songs. Anyone agrees?

SC is a 30 Seconds to Mars song with some riffs from Metallica's Black Album and a meaningless solo. If you consider modern IF everything that starts with SC (wich I do) then the answer is yes, is on the top 10.

Let's make a list of 10 good ASOP-SC songs (*New* IF):

Not in order of best-worst or anything like that... Just a list.

Go.

SC is probably my favorite from the album, depends on the mood though.

1. Alias
2. All For Me
3. Condemned
4. Delight And Angers
5. Deliver Us
6. Fear Is The Weakness
7. Move Through Me
8. Ropes
9. Siren Charms
10. The Chase

It's actually a decent setlist, not in this order, of course.

Here's my list:
The Mirrors Truth
Delight And Angers
Sounds Of A Playground Fading
Deliver Us
Fear is the Weakness
Everything's Gone
Siren Charms
Filtered Truth
Alias
With Eyes Wide Open

Actually I've could add more tracks to this list. Most of the songs are good to me.

SC is a 30 Seconds to Mars song with some riffs from Metallica's Black Album and a meaningless solo. If you consider modern IF everything that starts with SC (wich I do) then the answer is yes, is on the top 10.

It has nothing similar with "30 seconds..". When you listen it you could feel In Flames after all. (If your IF consept is based on just Jester Race) And its one of the very good Modern IF songs. I'm not trying to proof that solo is good because it changes over people. But you can clearly hear harmonized solo and thats one of the things that made In Flames, In Flames. (hope you can understand what I meant)

1. Eraser
2. Sober and Irrelevant
3. March to the Shore
4. Fear is the Weakness
5. A New Dawn
6. SoaPF
7. The Puzzle
8. The Chase
9. Filtered Truth
10. Alias

Standouts in bold.

In no particular order...

Abnegation
Eraser
Sounds of a Playground Fading
The Puzzle
Fear is the Weakness
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Ropes
A New Dawn
Liberation
Become the Sky

So yeah... basically TMT EP and SOAPF are the only albums they've done in the last 6 years worth a shit.

I'm the Highway (Damn, this song could have been epic with different production and better vocals/lyrics.)
Tilt
Abnegation
Eraser
SOAPF
The Puzzle
Fear is the Weakness
A New Dawn
Liberation (I just suffered through transition from Liberation ending to In Plain View. Fuck.)

We could do 10 worst ASOP-SC songs...

I'm the Highway (Damn, this song could have been epic with different production and better vocals/lyrics.)
Tilt
Abnegation
Eraser
SOAPF
The Puzzle
Fear is the Weakness
A New Dawn
Liberation (I just suffered through transition from Liberation ending to In Plain View. Fuck.)

We could do 10 worst ASOP-SC songs...

Undoubtedly about I'm the Highway.

The funny thing is; I think if you took the ASOP demos, got 1999 Anders back and recorded with Nordström's classical style, you'd have something on par with other IF classics.
It has all the makings of a great album, just ruined by terrible terrible production values and the worst of Anders.

You can't quite say the same about SoaPF and certainly not SC -- which have lost something that made IF.. IF.

I have to admit, I'm The Highway vocals are indeed cringeworthy. :D I think Drenched In Fear could've been a hit with some tweaks. Don't ask me what kind of tweaks, I can't put my finger on it, but it has some nice melody, and I like the solo. It's nothing crazy, just damn melodic. I'd rather them play this live instead of TMT, but oh well, let's not start this again what should and shouldn't they play live.

I also tried to put Abnegation in the top 10, but in the end, I just favor Condemned a little bit more.

And I just can't like A New Dawn for some reason. It's supposed to be this epic song, but it's just... not?

A New Dawn has only two problems:

- guitars are too silent
- nflamerz wrote a good song and then did a mediocre chorus for it