In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Agreed. Anybody mentioning melodeath when talking about modern In Flames is missing the point (or been in a coma since the year 2000).

Okay, so the gift is an unreleased material. Technically it could still mean video from the new DVD, but I don't think unreleased has the same literal meaning in English as in my language, so I'm leaning towards an unreleased track now. I highly doubt it'd be from SC, knowing how the recording process went, and I also doubt they'd dug up anything before the Clayman era.

Did CC had any b-side releases?

It was a very emotionally-clad rant that I found hilarious hahaha

When I said "cant disagree" I was referring to when he actually did talk about what he didn't like about SC. He was pretty much wrong about everything else haha.

One thing about When The World Explodes as well as most other songs on SC... The electronics on this album added into the songs "for effect" make absolutely no sense when I hear them. They're just random synth keys being played and resemble not any guitar riff or structure of a chorus.

My Sweet Shadow's synth keys at the end of the song, being the obvious comparison, make sense to my ears because they resemble the main guitar riff of the song itself...

The bonus track from STYE Discover me like emptiness don't follow this "rule" but add effect/atmosphere to the song.

But on Siren Charms, electronics are literally just thrown into songs randomly and lazily. Adding none to the song but just an awkward keyboard sound you hear in the background behind the song. They just don't feel like they belong there on any song on this album when every other IF song with electronics it just sounds right to my ears.

Would be cool to hear something from the old days. There are rumours of unheard tracks from Clayman & Reroute.

Will probably be a b-track from the ASOP sessions though...

THey doing stupid things so their album is high on the spotify charts. I bet for a live song, nothing new. They have an unreleased song from ASOP but I don't think is that.

I
But on Siren Charms, electronics are literally just thrown into songs randomly and lazily. Adding none to the song but just an awkward keyboard sound you hear in the background behind the song.

On SC electronics are, sometimes, as important as the guitars.

THE CHOSEN PESSIMIST EXTENDED CLUB MIX BY AVICII #thedream

I liked The Chase, Abnegation, Discover Me Like Emptiness and Watch Them Feed is OK as well, so it might actually be a decent track. They surely won't release some random demo #52 material for christmas, right? RIGHT?!

If I could make a wish I'd ask for a new version for Stand Ablaze; they'd might actually play it live as well! If I'm right, all my European brothers here are my guest for an IF show. :D

Wow unreleased song?! That would be awesome. I read an interview with Anders back in 2012 I think. He said that the unreleased track from ASOP will eventually released. I dont think that they will release stuff from Clayman or Reroute, but it could be from ASOP or SOAPF.

I wonder how much unreleased material there actually is, and if they plan to release any old gems we haven't been lucky enough to hear,
Does anyone know of any other unreleased material besides the song we hear in the ASOP sessions?
Been checking their FB page every couple of hours expecting for them to update us on the progress, but it looks like we won't get to see what this exclusive unreleased gift is until tomorrow

The quoted post at the top of the page is good. But it's no mystery. The band is lazy (Bjorn's own words)....it happens when you go mainstream. In Flames is just like a company really, putting out a product at a consistent rate (every two years or so) using a formula (melodic hard rock) that appeals to a mass audience.

The songs "Move Through Me" and "Sleepless Again" off ASOP are miles ahead of anything on SC.

I now divide In Flames in 3 different eras currently:

Straight hair Anders: Jester Race - Clayman

Dreadlocks - Reroute - ASOP

Dreadlockless - SOAPF - SC