In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

What the fuck are you smoking? Reroute To Remain sold 60k copies in the first week in US? No comment needed. Only STYE>SC are the correct sales for US first week, not WEEKEND.

Here comes Bjorn's alter ego. Ok, not weekend but week. Such a difference I'm going to kill myself.

Hm...

And before I continue, I have to ask what is wrong with STYE musically? To me it's CC with a totally different production. I never felt the music was just background, the guitars are very powerful. F(r)iend, Touch Red, Like You Better Dead, In Search For I are probably more memorable for their guitars, and My Sweet Shadow might be "just" background melody for Anders', but a pretty sick melody. The album you described was pretty much SC and not STYE. The only song on SC which gave me the same sense of importance (of guitars) as in the songs in STYE was Filtered Truth and maybe Rusted Nail. But I pop in Touch Of Red and it just punches me in the face, setting the tone for the whole song. I can't remember a single Anders' line from that song, haha.

Now back to sales; suddenly ASOP has qualities, which is an absolutely new to me on this board, but all right.

I cannot agree. Yes, guitars sound powerful, but there are no memorable melodies (exceptionmade from the intro from MSS and a couple more), there is just music at the service of the vocals.

As for ASOP, that's how you read the posts. I always said that the bad thing about ASOP is Anders work and, even so, is an album I do like.

It'd be interesting to see overall sales figures for the albums, but not sure that info is even available. I'd like to think SOAPF has more sales than ASOP, but got a bad feeling it won't have... a ton of people probably bought ASOP and gave up on the band (or life in general).

I think that, from ASOP onwards, the attitude of people against the band changed a bit. They went from "I need to have this album" to "I'm gonna buy it when I have some free time".

https://www.facebook.com/inflames/posts/774988479216580

Still reading it, but there was something interesting: "I have a theory on The Chosen Pessimist being about insanity rather than the literal meaning of being a chosen pessimist. Yay/nay?

And is the Jester's Door about you guys evolving as a band and/or Jesper leaving the band?"

"Nay and Nay"

Wtf is Jester's Door about then?:eek:

edit: and what does this mean? : " Haha, rösten håller än och vi får se vad som sker i framtiden"

https://www.facebook.com/inflames/posts/774988479216580

Still reading it, but there was something interesting: "I have a theory on The Chosen Pessimist being about insanity rather than the literal meaning of being a chosen pessimist. Yay/nay?

And is the Jester's Door about you guys evolving as a band and/or Jesper leaving the band?"

"Nay and Nay"

Wtf is Jester's Door about then?:eek:

edit: and what does this mean? : " Haha, rösten håller än och vi får se vad som sker i framtiden"

"Haha, his voice still holds and we'll see what happens in the future"

according to google translate.

Makes sense to what the question that was asked: "Are there and plans on playing live with material from Clayman / Colony & Whoracle / Jester Race or is mt. Frdens voice to, lets say broken (old... pweh) to do thoses awesome screams still?"

Will you ever return to your Melodeath or metalcore sound ?:
IF: "We won't return to something we never left. It's all about evolving the sound."

Definition: e·volve
ēˈvälv/
verb
verb: evolve; 1. develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
"the company has evolved into a major chemical manufacturer"
synonyms: develop, progress, advance;

Hmph, so when they say "evolve" they mean grow into a more successful business instead of the actual music itself "evolving".

"especially from a simple to a more complex form." - Then IF especially are NOT evolving according to the definition.

Yeah that is a good translation. Only that it should be ''the voice'' instead of ''his voice'', but who cares :p

Been getting REALLY much into Devin Townsend lately, he's a fucking genius. So much diversity in the music from all his projects as well, something for everyone. Personally, his solo album Terria is my favorite one. Favorite song is easily Kingdom.

Just look at this shit, the dudes voice is simply insane. Love his awesome vibrato control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesper linked The Mirror's Truth by Timo today and wrote this:

"Lets enjoy a altenative version of The Mirrors Truth with the amazing Timo Räisänen , and for once with good vocals smile emoticon

‪#‎TTD‬"

Shots fired? :D

Certainly, lol. Seems like Jesper & Anders ''relationship'' has deteriorated the last couple years after he left IF.

And it gives some clues about what Jesper thinks about Anders work in ASOP (I'm sorry for the so many abouts on this post). But there's also this message(?):

Burn face down in fucking flames.
Face down in flames.
Choking on the hand that feeds

The guy's got decent vocals but that alternative version of TMT fucking sucks. Clearly not a song made for an acoustic set.

So this is how I looked messaging about that girl for whom "I had no feelings anymore" and "totally moved on". Both amusing and embarassing.

It's so petty though... Is it Anders' turn now to lift the veil and share some embarrassing moments when Jesper was ass-drunk in his own piss and couldn't play shit? This is "btw he had a small dick" quality hate talk, which is always funny from girls' mouth considering they enjoyed that said dick for years. On the plus side, at least he finally made up his mind, whether to to fight or leave the past. I doubt IF will address it; wouldn't be smart in a business- nor a personal level, unless Jesper keeps it up, forcing them to inevitably make a statement regarding it.

As much as I love and respect Jesper for his amazing songwriting and leading the band esp in the early years, I agree that its a pointless and cheap comment. He should either officially say what he thinks and take a side or shut up completely. Building up tension amd polarizing fans through silly comments is not cool.

If it upsets Anders' fanboys as above I'm happy for him to keep making comments tbh.

Did anyone see the message he deleted?

I can't recall the exact words; but it was something about dying and betrayal. Sounded slightly suicidal but also very bitter.

If it upsets Anders' fanboys as above I'm happy for him to keep making comments tbh.
It did not upset me so much, I feel sorry for the guy, and if I were on the other side, I'd rather Jesper just shut up, rather than embarrass himself for a high-school quality low blow on Anders.

And the message eochaid copied here, and the one he apparently deleted just now, and the one he deleted weeks ago... what the fuck. If I were Anders' I'd give him a hug or something.

To play the devil's advocate, there might be copyright arguments about the dvd and IF trying to not give anything to Jesper? I have no idea how it works, whether he should get any money (probably yes) or whether IF can do anything to not give him a share (probably not). It's really hard to justify why a grown up, sober man like Jesper has emotional outbursts of a sociopath or a 15 years old bitch.

And if Anders were to make a similiar statement, where the best he could do is to throw petty things or pure hate at Jesper, I would despise him as well.