In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Is it not just going to be the same shit they've repeated in basically every interview they've done in the last 6 years or so?

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be going crazy for The Chosen Pessimist or In Plain View :D

Anyone who's been to a live IF event knows people don't stand still for Colony. You'd have to be a fucking dunce to take one video and extrapolate that to cover every crowd that has ever witnessed them play.

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be going crazy for The Chosen Pessimist or In Plain View :D

Anyone who's been to a live IF event knows people don't stand still for Colony. You'd have to be a fucking dunce to take one video and extrapolate that to cover every crowd that has ever witnessed them play.

Actually I've been going to IF live shows since 2003 and during In plain view in London in November the crowd was the loudest I've seen:p

I agree with Chosen Pessimist though.

Yeah, IPV is definitely not a good example, it's a good song on its' own, let alone as an opener, when everyone is built up.

I did not mean to diss Colony, because even the band sucked ass. Jesper and Anders gave ZERO fucks. What I like in Anders is that he is always pumping with energy and you can see he is enjoying himself, but here, he just sang the song, that's it. It was d-u-l-l. Can't say I focused on Jesper when I was watching older live stuff from IF but please tell me he actually have a stage presence when he's "in his game", because this was just sad. On second thought, I'm not even that mad at the crowd, Anders did NOTHING to pump them up. "Hey, this is Colony, enjoy. Or don't, like I care."

Yeah, IPV is definitely not a good example, it's a good song on its' own, let alone as an opener, when everyone is built up.

I did not mean to diss Colony, because even the band sucked ass. Jesper and Anders gave ZERO fucks. What I like in Anders is that he is always pumping with energy and you can see he is enjoying himself, but here, he just sang the song, that's it. It was d-u-l-l. Can't say I focused on Jesper when I was watching older live stuff from IF but please tell me he actually have a stage presence when he's "in his game", because this was just sad. On second thought, I'm not even that mad at the crowd, Anders did NOTHING to pump them up. "Hey, this is Colony, enjoy. Or don't, like I care."

It's because Anders really drunk on this one. Normally he's really good on performances like this. But I can't say the same for Jesper. He seems like he's forced to be on stage every live footage I seen, (1999-2008) Dont know why.

Then it's just probably his style, which is not having one. I don't want to be mean, I can understand it, and I'm not even saying he should act as a monkey if he's just THAT chilled, but it sure highlights Anders' position on the band even more. People want to see a live show, not their favorite songs performed live, unless we are talking about "smart" music like classical music. Watching a band playing with apathy is not exactly what will boost your rockets. In their show here, even Björn and Niclas had some presence, which was nice. Which reminds me how Björn does his solo while being buried in his hair. It's not even some epic solo, where you could forgive him for concentrating on it so much.

Can't really blame the others; you can't expect mindblowing performances from the bassist and the drummer in a heavily guitar- and vocal-driven band.

That night rock am ring 2006 IF were playing as Metallica were headlining main stage.

Also, if you idiots are seriously saying people stand still to songs like "Colony", just... lol.

As if that crowd was an actual In Flames crowd

CAN THIS GUY DIRECT A PROPER MUSIC VIDEO? Yes, I get that directing a music video from live footage is basically just editing it together, but man it sucks ass. I know he directed a lot of IF's music videos, but I did not bring it up, because IF had the most unimaginative, boring and lame music videos ever (except for The Mirror's Truth, and I guess they deserve a pat on the back for trying with Everything's Gone), but this was low even for their standards.

If I download Sony Vegas I do a better editing than this moron. I literally couldn't watch 30% of the video because I was blinded by the lights. How fucking hard is it to NOT edit shots of stage lights piercing the camera into the video? How?! But that's really just the insult to injury, the biggest problem with the video is that it does not translate the energy of the song at all. Doesn't matter if you hate Paralyzed or not, it's not THAT lame as the video presented it to be. One would think if you have a concert footage to work with, you could actually make the song into even more badass, but no. The shots about band members are weak and I saw no logic behind it. Daniel hits a drum for the fifth time. Great, shouldn't you show the drummer when he actually does stuff? And if he doesn't, then just stop it, I don't care about the fact you could install a drum-cam, not a biggie. Whenever they showed Anders, it seemed like some amateur was trying to dub him, and other times, it was fucking annoying that they showed some random hands in the air instead of him. Jesus, watch a random EDM video doing a better job than this: a 4 minutes long edm video is 1 minute of 1-3 monkeys jumping around the stage and 3 minutes of boobs. There, it makes me want to be there. Showing random fucking hands and blinding lights however does NOT. He even fucked up the solo, no comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zCN0YhW1s - This is 16 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0dR1xYeA0 - This is 14 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoheCz4t2xc - This is 10 years old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL1ByAIf8Ck - It's not old, but every edm MV is like this, so yeah. Notice how not only showing the BACK of the audience is how much cooler. Just saying.

I like how the pit suddenly "dissapears" in front of Bjorn's eyes. A case of massive abduction.

10988280_795516097163818_4160000636150584784_n.jpg

*cough* suck it *cough*

I fuckin' knew it.

edit: and for my next foresight as an oracle, I predict that some people will still find something to bitch about.

10988280_795516097163818_4160000636150584784_n.jpg

*cough* suck it *cough*

I fuckin' knew it.

edit: and for my next foresight as an oracle, I predict that some people will still find something to bitch about.

Now THIS is a setlist.

Yet people are still bitching up a storm on that post look at the comments lol

I'm seeing them in May, which will be the second "leg" of this USA tour so I wonder if they'll switch up a few songs off the current setlist after this first half of the tour is done?

The only thing I'd like to see different are the tracks "Colony" and "Only For The Weak". But still, these new additions they've made to this setlist are like a god-send.

So yeah, it's going to be sick. Awesome to see Embody as the opening track.

EDIT - For me, they're playing the 2 best songs from SC. Everything's Gone and Paralyzed both inside a nicely-balanced setlist like this is very cool and practical.

I was actually surprised they dropped this many SC songs, and kept the ones they did. I could've bet that Rusted Nails will be a staple. But the responses on facebook are a JOKE. Why no crawl through knives why no system.... jeeez, they are playing fucking bullet ride and clayman again. Oh and people getting mad for no OFTW and Trigger. Yeah, it's not like they just did a tour with the same exact setlist 98% of the time, not to mention these songs have been more or less staples on almost every tour.

This is indeed an A+ setlist, and I'd be surprised if they hadn't switched a song or two around. I've listened to the Tokio Showdown verison of Clayman and Bullet Ride today and they grew on me pretty badly, so I'm somewhat jelly. :p Ahhh and Alias!

This is indeed an A+ setlist, and I'd be surprised if they hadn't switched a song or two around. I've listened to the Tokio Showdown verison of Clayman and Bullet Ride today and they grew on me pretty badly, so I'm somewhat jelly. :p Ahhh and Alias!

Clayman is very powerful and I like the random keyboard effects in the chorus. And of course Bullet Ride's breakdown is one of the most headbangable riffs ever.

I'm surprised they dropped so many too. I thought at least In Plain View and Rusted Nail would've stayed.

I can see why people from the USA like myself are complaining about Only For The Weak as they haven't played it here since the 2011 full USA tour. Besides the few stops here they made in December.

The rest of the songs people are complaining about seem to be personal preference. It still is pretty crazy to see them bring in these songs; Clayman, Bullet Ride and Drifter. As well as opening a show with Embody. Cool to see them bring back My Sweet Shadow too.

^I have a feeling they do read criticism since America is a specific target group in and of itself of fans and most If fans here complain(online anyway) about songs from Colony and Clayman albums not being given enough love. It just blows my mind they're playing Embody The Invisible to start a set. Very interesting

Songfacts: Who are your favorite songwriters and also singers?

Anders: Trent Reznor is a big inspiration for me. I would love to sit in the studio with him, pick his brain, or just be a fly on the wall, seeing how Nine Inch Nails' productions go down, or any of his productions, really.

Oh boy, I wish I had a nipple for every finger I have!!

edit: wtfff, it started out as a basic copy paste Anders interview, but he actually answered to three song interpetation questions!!! Ropes was kinda obvious, Delivar Us is messy but you got the vibe, however Cloud Connected was always a question mark for me. I thought the title means barely connected, as you can just go through clouds, like they are there, but at the same time, they are not, but apparently it is referring to being high as a cloud. Cool.

Still don't understand this verse though:
You crossed the line
You remembered my name
Time runs backwards
As we're heading that way

Initially I thought it means he doesn't want his name to be remembered, because he wants to be isolated, not to be cared about, but now that Anders said that he is basically talking to people with depressive and negative attitudes, it doesn't really hold. Unless he means he doesn't want to be dragged down, or involved in their shitstorm they are creating around themselves.

A very good setlist by modern standards.

Part of me is surprised by the exclusion of so many SC songs, part of me isn't. It's a bad album which I can't see translating very well live. I can see it going the way of STYE, quietly fading away in their live sets. Although STYE was a superior album and those songs at least had a decent run in the setlists before almost entirely disappearing.

I hope the reason for this change is the band understanding and accepting the overwhelming disappointment at their latest attempt. Perhaps it will spur them on to do much better next time.

Cloud Connected was always a question mark for me. I thought the title means barely connected, as you can just go through clouds, like they are there, but at the same time, they are not, but apparently it is referring to being high as a cloud. Cool.

Still don't understand this verse though:
You crossed the line
You remembered my name
Time runs backwards
As we're heading that way

Initially I thought it means he doesn't want his name to be remembered, because he wants to be isolated, not to be cared about, but now that Anders said that he is basically talking to people with depressive and negative attitudes, it doesn't really hold. Unless he means he doesn't want to be dragged down, or involved in their shitstorm they are creating around themselves.

To be honest, Anders explanation of the Cloud Connected lyrics only makes partial sense to me. Seems that it's about somebody very specific, and pretty much telling them to fuck off and let you get back to a good point in life.