In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I just love how IF stays mature, post's about Jesper's stuff without making ANY childish remarks, while Jesper looks more and more retarded to me with editing literally every single one of his post where he mentions IF or Anders. I've said it already, but will say it a million times again: Be. Fucking. Consistent. Embrace your fucking past and the good times, or hate IF/Anders by passion, I won't judge, I wasn't there (have my opinion, of course, but none of us knows THE truth), but the way he pussies out all the time is just fucking sad.

Or maybe he has some mild medical problem, which is like a light asperger's in written form? That would mean he is literally retarded, but at least it would explain.

Btw this was the very first time I saw IF comment on their setlist since I'm acitvely following their FB feed, and I'm not sure what to expect. Imo they totally delivered with their 2015 NA setlist, so I hope this one will be even more spicy. ALTHOUGH it will be a festival, which always means big hits only.

And I'd totally have sex with you too, ciko. Maybe the next time IF comes here we can arrange it. Maybe our Spanish stallion would join us as well!

It's funny because you talk about Jesper the same way you don't want him to talk about IF.

As for the setlist, I'm gonna guess, they will play SC from the beginning to the end.

And I'd totally have sex with you too, ciko. Maybe the next time IF comes here we can arrange it. Maybe our Spanish stallion would join us as well!

He's already here! But I think he'll complain' about stuff,again! lol

And am I the only one that add Siren Charms (title track) to best IF songs list? It just awesome. Vocals and guitars are very very good.

It's funny because you talk about Jesper the same way you don't want him to talk about IF.
I have no personal history with Jesper, I'm forming an opinion about him based on things probably all of you know as well. The only IF albums Anders was not part of are albums which hardly matter at all in IF's discography. I love Subterranean, but it was just one of the many, I doubt anyone got a heart-attack after hearing that. IF wasn't even a proper band for LS and Sub, it was Jesper and some session members jamming, experimenting. TJR was the first real album to which they could proudly say "all right folks, THIS is In Flames, take it or leave it", and Anders was part of that, so was Björn. We all know how the guitarists defined IF, Anders was hardly the reason people went apeshit for TJR, but in the long run, they arguably had the same importance in the success of the band, and everyone who'd try to argue that would just be hanging up on some technicalities.
These guys paved the way for their success, released 8 albums together, and probably known each other for a good ~20 years. I don't know, and frankly, don't even care if they were besties or not, that's still a ridiculously strong relationship in a way. I would expect each of them to treat each other with some respect. Unless Anders fucked Jesper's mother/gf, there is absolutely no reason to act the way he does now. To me, it's just disgusting AND childish, and you can hardly argue with the latter.

But once again, I could accept it if Jesped had an actual view, and not "Hey, fuck you Anders! Oh, never mind, sorry. Wait, I'm not sorry, you suck! Ugh, sorry once again. On third thought, SCREW YOU. Wait, no, I'm so sorry. ......" JESUS. If I had the money, I would hire a fucking PR expert to this guy, because this is just the worst possible scenario he could drive himself into. Not standing by his opinion against Anders, which could net him a lot of followers, but still acting like someone with anger-issues towards his former band and bandmate, which just alianates the ones who still like IF and Jesper as well. How fucking bored he can be? Man, I could even - somewhat - forgive him, if he'd just release at least one good song on his own, showing how it's done, instead of playing the online (pussy)warrior.

It would be so cool if Jesper could do his own thing, and who knows, maybe he'd invite Anders over for one guest-vocal session with some old-school growling on a track (surely ONE track wouldn't kill Anders), and Jesper could walk up for one or two IF songs once in a while, playing old IF songs, because three guitars are more than two, trust me, I did the math.

He's already here! But I think he'll complain' about stuff,again! lol

And am I the only one that add Siren Charms (title track) to best IF songs list? It just awesome. Vocals and guitars are very very good.

I've been saying since the beginning that the title track is the very best on the album! SC gets a lot of flac here for being boring and repetitive, but I think SC is actually quite unique.

I have no personal history with Jesper

I'm not talking about you complaining about Jesper, I'm talking about how you only complain by insulting him. I think you can do it better. There are some ways to approach the critics to the people of whom you're a fan. You chose to take them as if they're something personal to you.

Maybe nothing shocking if you look at yesterday's setlist, but if you consider that it was a short festival set, it's actually veeeeeery considerate from IF. I'm glad they are listening.

I'm not talking about you complaining about Jesper, I'm talking about how you only complain by insulting him. I think you can do it better. There are some ways to approach the critics to the people of whom you're a fan. You chose to take them as if they're something personal to you.
I believe my approach is secondary in this matter. What Jesper's been doing for a long time now is just atrocious and much more important.

I believe my approach is secondary in this matter. What Jesper's been doing for a long time now is just atrocious and much more important.

Atrocious :D why do you get so upset over Jesper's comments? He's not wishing death upon the band and their families. In comparison to some of my comments during the release of SC his opinions are practically a compliment.

Jesper can say whatever he wants and you (we) can agree or not. But you've been acting like a fangirl on this matter.

Do I really have to explain the difference between some random guy on some random ass metal board and Jesper Stromblad? Aside from the literal meaning of it, he absolutely can not say whatever he wants, and him acting like a 5 years old is bigger news than me or you doing the same.

And I could argue that being a passive-agressive jerk THEN erasing it all the fucking time (except maybe the "but this time with good vocals" on the TMT cover post) is worse, than straigh-out telling how you dislike someone.

It makes you angry, eh? But don't worry, he's not talking all day about IF. Thera must be like 4 post on his facebook acount. Compare this with how many people asked and still asks him about returning to the band of why he leave.

But I understand, you wet yourself averytime you think about Anders and this kind of comments only lower your excitement. Live with it. He can talk because he was there and he is the one who created the band.

I'll admit I don't think mud-slinging is quite necessary, however the man is entitled to his own opinion, and frankly it's not as huge a deal as you're making it out to be. I do agree that he should let his own music do the talking (which is why I'm really interested to hear how this solo album sounds; I'm desperately hoping it turns out to be like a half acoustic and half electric blend full of folk-inspired/power metal guitar melodies like the good old days), but it's not like he makes a new post ripping the band a new one every day (or even every week).

Regardless, I'm honestly glad he's showing a bit of backbone for once. Now all he needs is to channel that into his work and we'll be getting somewhere.

But I understand, you wet yourself averytime you think about Anders and this kind of comments only lower your excitement. Live with it. He can talk because he was there and he is the one who created the band.

Angry Spanish guy strikes again!

Anyway here's my opinion about the situation: First,yes Jesper can think or say whatever he wants. But since his depature Anders or any other guy from the band didnt say anything bad about him. (publicly anyway) It could be a bad break up, but they always stick with the official reason. So years later, what's the point talking shit about your old band. Cause everytime people ask about Jesper, they always talk positive. They even support him on IF Facebook page.

And the funny thing is, IF even shared the post that Jesper saying "whiny" about their last album, saying that they're supporting Jesper etc. After that Jesper edited the post. It's just funny guys.

Angry Spanish guy strikes again!

Please, Spanish no, Spaniard. Go ask your teacher at school.

what's the point talking shit about your old band

Strictly speaking, he never gave shit upon the band, only upon Anders.

And the funny thing is, IF even shared the post that Jesper saying "whiny" about their last album, saying that they're supporting Jesper etc. After that Jesper edited the post.

Or maybe thay're admitting that SC is a whiny album.

Love the riffing in this song. Any other power metal songs that are guitar-driven in this way? Never really listened to this genre before.

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of power metal is guitar driven. It's probably my favourite metal genre, but you have to be willing to accept a bit of gay too :D try these...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the instrumental version of the Siren Charms? Can't seem the find it anywhere. I just listen the guitar cover of the Siren Charms title track and it seems there's a lot of guitar backround so I want to listen to them either.

It makes you angry, eh? But don't worry, he's not talking all day about IF. Thera must be like 4 post on his facebook acount. Compare this with how many people asked and still asks him about returning to the band of why he leave.

Not sure why are you the one telling others to ask their teachers, when you are still unable to comprehend my point.

I'll admit I don't think mud-slinging is quite necessary, however the man is entitled to his own opinion, and frankly it's not as huge a deal as you're making it out to be. I do agree that he should let his own music do the talking (which is why I'm really interested to hear how this solo album sounds; I'm desperately hoping it turns out to be like a half acoustic and half electric blend full of folk-inspired/power metal guitar melodies like the good old days), but it's not like he makes a new post ripping the band a new one every day (or even every week).

Regardless, I'm honestly glad he's showing a bit of backbone for once. Now all he needs is to channel that into his work and we'll be getting somewhere.
See, you almost got it. My problem is exactly that Jesper has no backbone, because he backs off every time. I seriously hope there is at least one person who can understand this.

A bit late, but I downloaded the live album for SW and yeah, those clean vocals are amazing. His growls doesn't do anything to me, pretty mediocore, but those cleans, mmmm. I just wish they'd done Observation Slave too, such a good track!