In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Is Bjorn still on the new Disarmonia Mundi album? Listening to a few tracks of the new album on Youtube and it sounds like he is. Cleans and screams. Unless I'm mistaken

I have quite the epic selection of songs from the last double album as well as the recent EP they came out with. Perfect for driving.

Can't wait for this next release

Wow, that The Night Flight Orchestra stuff sounds great.

Now we're gonna forget about One Second, Believe in Nothing or Host?

Paradise Lost is not a good example.

First of all, One Second or Host are much better then most things IF released in last X years. At least Holmes can sing and I never have that feeling I'm listening a bunch of angsty US kids.

Second, I'm ready to forget all about SC and similar shit if IF make albums like Faith..., Tragic Idol and Plague Within.

Wow, that The Night Flight Orchestra stuff sounds great.

First of all, One Second or Host are much better then most things IF released in last X years. At least Holmes can sing and I never have that feeling I'm listening a bunch of angsty US kids.

Second, I'm ready to forget all about SC and similar shit if IF make albums like Faith..., Tragic Idol and Plague Within.

I cannot agree with your visions about those albums. One Second has some good songs, but the rest is boring, as the following albums.

I'm ready to forget SC if they come with a good album, but I think that IF are now too old to create fresh good music.

To be honest I thought the same about IF after ASOP, but I really liked SOAPF... so I still hold out some hope.

Anders' voice sounded pretty weak on SC though, so my belief is that SOAPF will be the last good effort the band will put out.

To be honest I thought the same about IF after ASOP, but I really liked SOAPF... so I still hold out some hope.

Anders' voice sounded pretty weak on SC though, so my belief is that SOAPF will be the last good effort the band will put out.

They can still fire Anders, become an instrumental band and improve their music.

I feel like they will probably make the next album more guitar-driven and a little heavier. More simple, metalcore-ish style music but not as bland and malaise as Siren Charms is.

I know people either love 'em or hate 'em... But, the new Ghost song is really good. Pretty dark, catchy, yet also melodic and beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like they will probably make the next album more guitar-driven and a little heavier. More simple, metalcore-ish style music but not as bland and malaise as Siren Charms is.

I know people either love 'em or hate 'em... But, the new Ghost song is really good. Pretty dark, catchy, yet also melodic and beautiful.

How can it get much simpler than Siren Charms? Almost every song has the same structure, the same basic riffs repeated throughout the song and the same wanky solo... even ASOP had more creativity than SC. At least with ASOP, you can genuinely point to the vocals as the main thing that drags the album down (along with the weak sounding guitars). Even if you took the vocals out of SC it'd still be boring as hell.

I meant more simple like, heavier music... like they've been doing.

It really can't get any simpler than SC, of course hehehehe

I just grabbed "Skyline Whispers" by The Night Flight Orchestra a few days before its official release. Its fucking amazing, you should definitely check this shit out on tuesday when it's out.

They played Rock am Ring today. Interesting they started the set with Only For The Weak... Never-before-heard synth intro to it as well :headbang:

Yes, you heard it before. Just mix the melodies from OFTW with the intro from Deliver Us and you have this.

They played Rock am Ring today. Interesting they started the set with Only For The Weak... Never-before-heard synth intro to it as well :headbang:

Wow. Anders sounds fucking awful. Can he not growl anymore, or is he just choosing not to? Either way those vocals are embarrassing.

I don't really know what you are talking about? He sounds just like it's always done. He mixes it up during songs.

I listened to the whole show, and his screams and growls are sounding great. I'm pretty sure he had some kind of a sickness though, he screamed a lot more than he did before, sounded like he was struggling doing cleans (not technically but physically) during a bunch of songs so he screamed in the verses instead. Especially Where the Dead Ships Dwell. Keep in mind this is just the stream though, the sound always sounds a bit different, vocals often sound a bit muddier. That goes for all the bands, listened to a bunch of other bands from RaM and same ''problem'' if you will. It's the same shit with Wacken & Graspop. The sound at the actual show is much better, logically.

He also seems very energetic, he jumps down and walks up to the audience at the fences doing highfives, joke selfies, stealing production cameras for a short time, just seeming more involved and having a good time. I especially like The Mirror's Truth, I just fucking love that the chorus synths are much more audible live, they really add to the song.

Here's the full performance exluding OFTW and Everything's Gone

To talk about something completely different though, this year will be fucking great for melodeath. Children of Bodom release October 2nd, Soilwork late q3 or early q4 release, Amon Amarth as well later in the year, Dark Tranquillity are supposed to release an album this year as well I think. I'm mostly looking forward to the new Soilwork album though, The Living Infinite was so fucking awesome and I still spin almost all the songs (including the 5 extra songs EP from the same sessions). Amon Amarth never disappoints me either. Dark Tranquillity, didn't really like the last two albums at all. Supposedly the next one is a bit more oldschool, faster and heavier, according to Anders Jivarp. Also got other favorite bands of mine releasing later in the year, Be'Lakor, Gojira (cant fucking WAIT).

Anders is just a poor vocalist. He's a decent frontman but his voice sounds very weak to me. The years have taken their toll, I certainly wouldn't be interested in seeing the band live any more.

I may check out Soilwork and DT's new albums, but otherwise modern melodeath doesn't hold much interest for me. I still love the old stuff, but I can't remember the last melodeath album post-2005 that I listened to and thought was particularly original or good. I suppose my tastes have just moved on.

I listened to the whole show, and his screams and growls are sounding great. I'm pretty sure he had some kind of a sickness though, he screamed a lot more than he did before, sounded like he was struggling doing cleans (not technically but physically) during a bunch of songs so he screamed in the verses instead.

Yes, we all know that is harder to do cleans than growls, specially when you're sick.