In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Not sure why are you the one telling others to ask their teachers, when you are still unable to comprehend my point.

I understand your point. You're a fangirl who cannot stand that someone is messing with the object of his wet dreams.

New NW album is more brutal than SC. Damn.

Can't wait for Jespers solo album. Will it be good or is he still just a happy little boozer...

Idk if one can judge from an internet post whether someone has a backbone or not. He already called it whiny and took stabs at current In Flames.

But, they aren't strangers. They know each other in real life and are/were friends. You can say shit in the moment then when you cool down (or if beef get squashed) you delete what you wrote in a heated moment. I get it.

It's just modern-day internet culture. Yuck.

Definitely better than whatever shit Anders can hawk out of his throat these days, but still pretty damn mediocre when compared to any death metal vocalist worth their salt. It sounds like he's trying to do a bad Chuck Schuldiner impression (and I was never all that crazy about Chuck's growling approach either).

I have to say though, the tempo boost really works well. Also, is it just me or do just about all of IF's early tracks sound better in C# tuning as opposed to C? It gives it a much darker vibe than the studio version at any rate. Wonder why they never used that tuning on the albums, but seemed to play with it live all the time back then.

I don't believe anyone truly believes Anders literally tearing his throat apart screaming in the early days is superior to any other "technique" he's used since then.

Nice try.

I have to say though, the tempo boost really works well. Also, is it just me or do just about all of IF's early tracks sound better in C# tuning as opposed to C? It gives it a much darker vibe than the studio version at any rate. Wonder why they never used that tuning on the albums, but seemed to play with it live all the time back then.

Dead Eternity live sounds awesome in that tuning

I don't believe anyone truly believes Anders literally tearing his throat apart screaming in the early days is superior to any other "technique" he's used since then.

Nice try.
I suppose if you are !,,!xXxtruEmetAlguYxXX!,,! you gotta pretend those vocals were good, otherwise it's harder to bash the later records.

Woot, this year's longest setlist so far! Basically standard setlist + ropes and through oblivion slapped to them. Nice! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/starland-ballroom-sayreville-nj-43c81797.html

Got to see the setlists before this one with the new additions^ about a week ago.

Clayman and Bullet Ride were intense. Paralyzed and Everything's Gone were good live and the whole place was filled with great energy. Was a great night

After hearing a couple songs from today's Rock on the Range set, Anders sounded pretty damn good. I'm just not sure why he sounds like such crap on the studio albums. He clearly still has the ability to hit those low growls.

And for a 7 song setlist, "Cloud Connected" just can't be the oldest song you play. You have a huge crowd in your hands, you'd think they'd play their best songs.

I can't stand Anders' live growls on anything pre-1998, he sounds awful. The best I've heard him sound is the 1999 live recording from Sweden, it's the only time he's sounded almost identical to the album.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stand Anders' live growls on anything pre-1998, he sounds awful. The best I've heard him sound is the 1999 live recording from Sweden, it's the only time he's sounded almost identical to the album.

His old growls sound awful, as they do his todays cleans. This iis what happens when you think that you can improve your vocals just by singing in the shower.

Been listening to some new Paradise Lost stuff. What an epic collection of great riffs, melodies and just... songs.

Why can't IF maintain quality like this? Fuck.

Speed is one of the few melodeath vocalists who made the right choice moving away from growls/screams and into cleans. His clean vocals are too good to be weakened by doing a ton of harsh vocals.

I lost interest in Soilwork a while ago, but might have to check out that project, sounds good.

Been listening to some new Paradise Lost stuff. What an epic collection of great riffs, melodies and just... songs.

Why can't IF maintain quality like this? Fuck.

Now we're gonna forget about One Second, Believe in Nothing or Host?

Paradise Lost is not a good example.