In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Damn Filtered Truth is so awesome. Slowly but surely getting used to the somewhat weird first verse now also, I'm really digging the track. Definitely an 8-8.5/10 at the moment.

I know right? It's really awesome and catchy. Didn't like the chorus at first but now it grew on me.

And I'm pretty sure those lyrics wrote for Jesper.

I don't think Anders writes all his lyrics for Jesper.

Anders said he watched a lot of VICE documentaries before he wrote the lyrics. Think he said he watched a lot of them about drugs and stuff also.
About lyrics, I heard somewhere a few years back that Bullet Ride was about a friend of the band who shot himself apparently. Makes sense if you read the lyrics. The chorus lyrics of Bullet Ride are among my alltime favorite IF lyrics.

I know right? It's really awesome and catchy. Didn't like the chorus at first but now it grew on me.

And I'm pretty sure those lyrics wrote for Jesper.

FOr me Anders is the weakest part of the song. And the chorus lyrics. If he goes on this way I'm pretty sure they will end going to the Eurovision show.

I'm pretty sure the Jesper's facebook tag is wrote for Anders.

Good riff melodies for being modern IF. Good solo.

Yet still sounds exactly like a Passenger song

If the chorus wasn't screamed so heavily it def would've belonged on the Passenger album

But still good. Will blast in car flying down the highway/10

FOr me Anders is the weakest part of the song. And the chorus lyrics. If he goes on this way I'm pretty sure they will end going to the Eurovision show.

I'm pretty sure the Jesper's facebook tag is wrote for Anders.

It's very obvious that there's a little war between Jesper and Anders. You can clearly see it on Jesper's FB page.

It's very obvious that there's a little war between Jesper and Anders. You can clearly see it on Jesper's FB page.
Lol no, Jesper disputed that himself years ago.

And Jesper himself wrote the song Sober and Irrelevant as well. I think he's just playing with words when he uses that tag, not in a way to mock Anders lol.

Lol no, Jesper disputed that himself years ago.

And Jesper himself wrote the song Sober and Irrelevant as well. I think he's just playing with words when he uses that tag, not in a way to mock Anders lol.

Jesper wrote the music, but they always said that Anders was the one behind the lyrics and the titles for the songs and albums.

I think he's just playing with words when he uses that tag, not in a way to mock Anders lol.

+1

I think I saw IF page using the same "sober and fucking relevant" for Jesper and his new band.

EDIT - OK definitely looking forward to this record now haha.

In Plain View - Meh

Paralyzed - Good, like the vocals, not as "whiny" as I thought his voice would be, def improved his cleans. Cool sound overall.

Eyes Wide Open - Very Katatonia-ish verse, I like it. Very chill.

Siren Charms - Solid song, good keys accompanying the hard chorus.

When the World Explodes - Nice brutal(for it being modern IF) screams and hard banging riffs... Sick.

Dead Eyes - Groovy main riff, Katatonia-ish verses as well, dig it.

Monsters in the Ballroom - Feels like it might be just a filler, haven't heard the chorus in the preview obviously tho, still sounds good.

Filtered Truth - Will blast in my car on the highway... good upbeat cruising track.

Overall liking this a lot. The songs I feel are weaker on this album still sound better to me than The Puzzle & Darker Times did on SOAPF and the filler tracks on ASOP.

*Also, there's still 2 bonus tracks to hear when the album comes out right?

Filtered Truth - Will blast in my car on the highway... good upbeat cruising track.

Overall liking this a lot. The songs I feel are weaker on this album still sound better to me than The Puzzle & Darker Times did on SOAPF and the filler tracks on ASOP.

*Also, there's still 2 bonus tracks to hear when the album comes out right?

Filtered Truth. Change the guitar melody for a piano and add a melodic rap voice on the chorus and you've got a perfect Linkin Park song.

I rather have one thousand Puzzels, DTs and even one hundred thousand of ASOPs than this new pop-style In Flames.

Filtered Truth. Change the guitar melody for a piano and add a melodic rap voice on the chorus and you've got a perfect Linkin Park song.

I rather have one thousand Puzzels, DTs and even one hundred thousand of ASOPs than this new pop-style In Flames.
That's basically as dumb as saying bring in Linkin Park to write a song and you'll have the perfect Linkin Park song.
And also, I'm no huge Linkin Park listener, but doesn't Linkin Park almost exclusively have Chester singing during the choruses? And how do you have a ''melodic rap voice'', isn't that basically like saying you have a ''melodic growl'', a paradox?

''Change this and that and you'll have another type of song''
Well, no shit.

Add some blastbeats and shrieking vocals accompanied by a primitive tremolo riff and you'll have a perfect black metal song!

That's basically as dumb as saying bring in Linkin Park to write a song and you'll have the perfect Linkin Park song.
And also, I'm no huge Linkin Park listener, but doesn't Linkin Park almost exclusively have Chester singing during the choruses? And how do you have a ''melodic rap voice'', isn't that basically like saying you have a ''melodic growl'', a paradox?

''Change this and that and you'll have another type of song''
Well, no shit.

Add some blastbeats and shrieking vocals accompanied by a primitive tremolo riff and you'll have a perfect black metal song!

That last part its just imposible.

Maybe I just mistook my words. But my feeling is the same. I'm not listening to IF and this song resembles more LP than anything they've done until now. If you rather like, change Anders for the LP singer (whatever his name is) and then you have a LP song. Do it backwards (put new Anders into a LP song) and you still have a LP song.

Anders doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park's singer, and the riffs and melodies in the song doesn't sound similar to Linkin Parks style either, so I really don't get the comparison you're trying to make.

I mean sure, they are closer in sound than In Flames and Cannibal Corpse, but that doesn't actually mean they sound similar.

Anders doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park's singer, and the riffs and melodies in the song doesn't sound similar to Linkin Parks style either, so I really don't get the comparison you're trying to make.

I mean sure, they are closer in sound than In Flames and Cannibal Corpse, but that doesn't actually mean they sound similar.

I'm not saying that the singers sound similar. I'm just saying that, to my ears, Filtereth truth it's more near to what LP do than to what IF can do. Believe, they can do it much better than this shitty pop metal sound.