In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I've never really liked too many videos unless there is some cool or interesting story that relates to the song. But Through Oblivion seems silly to me. I did like Where the Dead Ships Dwell video though even though they used the radio edit of the song. Not sure if it had a story, but it had cool imagery.

I've never really liked too many videos unless there is some cool or interesting story that relates to the song. But Through Oblivion seems silly to me. I did like Where the Dead Ships Dwell video though even though they used the radio edit of the song. Not sure if it had a story, but it had cool imagery.

Patric Ullaeus have done so many of their videos it is getting ridiculous. He isn't the greatest director, for sure, I think most of In Flames' music videos are very dull and boring. He may be an award-winning director, but from what I have seen, the greatest award he should receive is a spanking.

Since the In Flamers want to take new directions, why not try another producer like Zoran Bihac, Jonas Åkerlund, Tomas Tjäder, or Jörn Heitmann? (To name a few.)

Here's a few MVs of Ullaeus':

Evil In A Closet (This MV was so bad that EVEN In Flames refused to release it.)
Through Oblivion (...Fuck off.)
Rusted Nail (Marshall Amps. 40+ of them, in slow-motion.)
Touch of Red
Deliver Us
F(r)iend

IF never had great music videos. It's average or terrible.

The best ones are those where they show the band playing. But, since music changed (slower, less energetic...), and since IF lost a lot of "cool factor" (remember when Bjorn had hair, Anders had dreads and IF had Jesper?), it's just dull.

I really don't care to watch 4 minutes of hipster Anders + 3 bored static dudes + happy Engelin in slow motion.

Oh, and I really don't get all the Patric Ullaeus thing. He's overused, and his works are usually not that great IMO.

IF never had great music videos. It's average or terrible.

The best ones are those where they show the band playing. But, since music changed (slower, less energetic...), and since IF lost a lot of "cool factor" (remember when Bjorn had hair, Anders had dreads and IF had Jesper?), it's just dull.

I really don't care to watch 4 minutes of hipster Anders + 3 bored static dudes + happy Engelin in slow motion.

Oh, and I really don't get all the Patric Ullaeus thing. He's overused, and his works are usually not that great IMO.

The video I like the most is OFTW. Simple, straightforward, heavy.

As for the PU videos, the're just terrible, except for the Deliver Us video which I like it a lot. The rest are just forgetable.

The fact Anders is the only band member to appear in the Through Oblivion vid says a lot. People used to joke about In Flames becoming an Anders solo project... but now there's a genuine argument to suggest it actually is. We already know Engelin, Daniel and Peter don't contribute to the creative process in any meaningful way, and judging by the riffs and wanky solos Bjorn doesn't really give a shit either anymore.

Yeah, well what would Bjorn, Peter and Niclas do in that video? It's not like they are doing something worth showing with their instruments in that song.

Filtered Truth is amazing. Samples don't do the songs justice so I'm waiting until the album drops. People saying this isn't In Flames needs to get a grip as that's not how a band works. Band is made out of people, people change, ergo the music changes.

http://www.dr.dk/musik/titel/when the world explodes/2375397-1-7
You're welcome =) Time to listen to it and see if the hype is real.

Okay the song is pretty damn fucking awesome, the chorus will take time to get used to but I started getting it after the second chorus. Long time since I've heard Anders this aggressive basically throughout the entire song. And that solo, short but very sweet.
Some really cool eletronics and atmospheric parts as well. There's also some other people doing vocals than Anders, Daniel Bergstrand is listed as choir might be him.

Second listen the choruses has settled in. IF songs with female guest vocals has always been awesome.

Listened to it literally like 8times on repeat it's so fucking AWESOME! This album's A New Dawn so far. Love the chorus, the female and male vocals complement each other perfectly.

Listened to it literally like 8times on repeat it's so fucking AWESOME! This album's A New Dawn so far. Love the chorus, the female and male vocals complement each other perfectly.

I find it a bit strange, but interesting. I don't think I've heard stuff like this.

Yaaay, chuggachugga song. Boring stuff with one semi-decent riff. Anders screams/growls but it doesn't do much for me.

Chorus sounds like it was taken from another song. Quite pop-ish, Celine Dion - like, but much better than the rest of the song. I like it, especially later on. Electro stuff is awesome - eerie feeling. Best solo of the album so far.

If this is the best song of the album - I'm so not gonna like it.

Give it a few listens. Sounded weird for me too in the beginning, the chorus sounded out of place. But it really settles.

I really understand what Anders meant when he said in the track-by-track video that he tried just screaming in the chorus but it didn't really do much for him. If he would only scream in the chorus the song wouldn't be so unique and awesome. And the eerie electronics definitely wouldn't work without the female vocals. This is why I love In Flames.

Calm down Krofius :D

It's much better than everything else I've heard so far. The first song that's on the same level as the SOAPF material. The female vocals remind me of Insanity's Crescendo, and it's nice to hear an In Flames song where the singing is handled by somebody who can... well, sing.

And the eerie electronics definitely wouldn't work without the female vocals. This is why I love In Flames.

Epic eerie electronics and good female vocals? Oh, I wish. :)

There are even some marginal early Tristania/Sirenia moments.

But why is the rest of the song so boring!? Ah, well...

Blinded By Fear is a little further up on the setlist... At the Motherfucking Gates :D love those crazy bastards.

I dunno de4life, the song just ignited the fanboy flame in my heart. The combinations of the different stuff and the way it sounds just pleases my ears immensely. I'm sad that it doesn't for you. IF just has a way to transform what could be just a good solid song to a epic sounding song. Hopefully the song will grow for you two.