In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Clayman is 100% solid the entire way through. Start to finish, a real treat for anybody who genuinely enjoys metal. Every song has something different about it, something that stands out and makes it unique. The formula isn't reliant on pop choruses and chugga-chugga riffs.

Yeah, Clayman has more good riffs in first two minutes, then half of SC we've heard so far.

That dude from Carcass said something about bands not writing riffs anymore, just chugging random rhythm patterns. So true! Well, at least Surgical Steel was great in that department.

I can agree that relying on chugging too much can be just riff filler. The amount can work with the style of music, but still, oversaturating a song with you riding palm mutes on the open low string is just lazy.

Basically Niclas and Bjorn playing rusted nail and through oblivion. What a waste of time.

Not a complete waste of time, I found this comment, though I'm not sure if it's sarcastic or not: "I haven't listened to these guys since I was in high school a solid decade ago. They still sound exactly the same, haha."

Not a complete waste of time, I found this comment, though I'm not sure if it's sarcastic or not: "I haven't listened to these guys since I was in high school a solid decade ago. They still sound exactly the same, haha."

He's either deaf or was actually listening to Coal Chamber.

Hearing the preview of some of these songs really makes me pumped up. I really like some of the other quiet tracks. Like wow. It's not like Through Oblivion either. It sounds really good.

Hearing the preview of some of these songs really makes me pumped up. I really like some of the other quiet tracks. Like wow. It's not like Through Oblivion either. It sounds really good.

I hear good riffs, I also like ambient, "atmospheric" deep feelings to songs. In the previews there's some of that and I also dig the riffs I'm hearing.

Plus, there's still 2 bonus tracks we have to hear that seem to have the best reviews (from a heavy metal perspective).

Guys, I've found this really good melodic death metal band with modern touch. It's a bit radio friendly, but it still reminds me of TJR material. Some quite brutal riffs and drumwork towards the end of the song.

Last edited by a moderator:

14secs in is heavier than anything IF has ever done lolololol

And 1:14 is the hardest I've ever seen anyone rock out, ever.

Last edited by a moderator: