In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Svářeč;10895112 said:
I think they made a mistake. I went to epic records website and there's not a single mention of IF. They're not even listed in their "artists" section! I think it's better to be a big deal for Century Media than a no name artist for a big label which doesn't give a fuck about you.

OF COURSE they aren't listed. The album isn't out YET.

Come back in 10 days.

123.png

Well, at least Anders fits...

I think they did the right thing by signing with Sony. Their music tends to be more and more accessible as they allow themselves to try new things with their music. They can try to get as much visibility as possible with an album like this one.

Sorry but I think there is no way we can verify the last part.

As an example (www.metalinsider.net about the album debut):
"In Flames, Sounds of a Playground Fading (Century Media) #26, 13,840 sold.
The Swedish metal group’s tenth studio album, and first without founding member Jesper Strömblad, is also the band’s highest ranking debut. However, it sells considerably less than 2006’s Come Clarity (which though debuted at #58 sold around 25,000 copies in its first week)."

And you can see the wiki too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Flames_discography

Though, obviously these are not final sales.

My opinion is that they reach more people with each album while they loose the fanbase of those who really buy the albums.

Not that they care, cause their real win (of money) comes from the shows. But, as a band, I wonder how many more albums could they release if they (I keep on saying it's just an opinion based on uncomplete data) go down on the sales (must say that a company like sony won't waste too much time with a band if the sales are not what expected).

Nope. Todey more visibility leads to more piracy. No one can demonstrate that leads to mora sales. Just look at the sales data.

Well no wonder their setlists are shit if they seek v-i-s-i-b-i-l-i-t-t-y with Avril Lavigne and Nicole Scherzinger fans.

Would be nice to know album sales for each IF record.

I think, as this is their job for over 20 years, that they know what they are doing.

I'm not sure you can teach them how to do business, you know...

Also, you can't compare Come Clarity to SOAPF by looking at sales because we are talking about a crashing industry. You should rather look at peak chart positions.

The average of peak chart positions :

Whoracle is 55.5
Colony is 43.33
Clayman is 26.67
Reroute to Remain is 32.33
Soundtrack to your Escape is 52.33
Come Clarity is 29.7
A Sense of Purpose is 20.7
Sounds of a Playground Fading is 17.5 (way better than anything before)

See? They know what they are doing.

These are irrelevant too. They depend on which records are coming out that week. Within temptation last album sold around 15 000 copies in USA charting at 16, previous album sold 12 500 charting at 50 (just because it was a strong weak).

Svářeč;10895144 said:
These are irrelevant too. They depend on which records are coming out that week. Within temptation last album sold around 15 000 copies in USA charting at 16, previous album sold 12 500 charting at 50 (just because it was a strong weak).

Of course that's relevant and normal, because, as I said (damn you're slow) the music industry is a crashing industry. It means that, all things equal, artists sell less overtime. That's why you should look at peak chart positions and not sales.

And you can't say these are irrelevant. There is a clear trend. Since STYE they are getting better and better on the charts.

Again, peak chart positions are irrelevant. You can peak on high positions with low sales if there is no other strong record released that weak. Or you can peak low even with good sales if there are some popular records being released that week. I actually did some research in that with Within Temptation albums and it actually turned out to be this way. Dunno how it is with In Flames albums, maybe you're right.

Charts or no charts, I have a feeling they are stagnating in terms of popularity since mid 2000s.

Not a bad thing. They can obviously sell a lot of big shows and tons of merchandise. But I seriously doubt they can break out of metal niche.

Also, you can't compare Come Clarity to SOAPF by looking at sales because we are talking about a crashing industry. You should rather look at peak chart positions.

Again I think you cannot demonstrate this. We don't know the difference, if there is, in terms of global sales to the music industry to assure that this is the cause of the difference in sales between the two albums.

Also, with a so noisy fanbase claiming to be the true ones while we the critics are called haters, there should be a wide difference in favor of the last album.

Again I think that many of those true fans are nothing more than posers who talk high about the band while downloading the albums. But again I say that's my own opinion.

Something bugs me.

You know, everyone has the album now. Every magazine, every websine, every review stuff, every promotional guy. Everyone has it. Even your neighbour's dog has it. Barack Obama has it. My aunt has it. I saw so many pictures on the internet showing a bunch of Siren Charms albums in a box alongside a comment saying "look what we received today!". Well. This said, the question is:

Y U NO LEAK?!

618px-Y-u-no-exploitable.png

Something bugs me.

You know, everyone has the album now. Every magazine, every websine, every review stuff, every promotional guy. Everyone has it. Even your neighbour's dog has it. Barack Obama has it. My aunt has it. I saw so many pictures on the internet showing a bunch of Siren Charms albums in a box alongside a comment saying "look what we received today!". Well. This said, the question is:

Y U NO LEAK?!

Maybe it's that bad... :D