In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I'm just so bored of people like you saying it's bad. No, it's not bad, you just don't like it. PERIOD.

And yeah, I want my leak because I can't wait. Cause just like you, I have all their stuff including their demo, Subterranean and Black Ash Inheritance. The difference between you and me is that I like what I have head so far from Siren Charms and yes, I'm excited to hear the whole thing.

Also, I don't get why people still ask them about Jesper. It's been seven years since he left the band and they already gave answers to this question years ago.

And Anders vocals are fine to me.

Also everyone saying ''Who told Anders he can sing'' etc etc, he himself says he isn't anything special, it's more about the feeling. There was a interview in a Swedish newspaper today and he said, translated by me.

Already on previous albums, the singer have tested to abandon his growling vocals for cleaner tones, but not to the same extent as on "Siren charms."

- I've wanted to develop my instrument, which is my vocals.

TT: When did you realize that you can actually sing?

- I can't. But what the hell, everyone can sing. Håkan Hellström have always been told that he can not sing, but he is awesome. For me it's about conveying a feeling, to be able to reach out. There's nothing more boring than people singing perfectly.

"In Flames goes Depeche Mode" was one of the reviews that could be read on Twitter when the band released the single "Rusted Nail". The album starts with a driven bass-synth so the comparison is not taken out of thin air, even if the music is closer to the metal than synthpop.

Anders Fridén is both flattered and amused by his band mentioned in the same sentence as Depeche Mode.

- One reason why I was attracted by the heavy metal and hardcore was that I experienced it as an open world, where there were no rules and you could make music just the way you wanted. Now I have realized that there certainly are a lot of rules, but I do not care about them. I will always do what I want, he says.

TT: Is there something in your music that can not be removed without being In Flames stops being In Flames?

- The melodies. Everything always starts with the melodies. The fact that we have started using synthesizers or how I sing does not matter.

You've been a fan since just a few months after Lunar Strain was released? How'd you hear about In Flames? I mean Lunar Strain didn't really have that much promotion behind it that early. TJR was when they actually had some decent promotion since they had Nuclear Blast in their camp.

I'm not saying you're lying or bashing you anything, I'm genuinely interested how the word got to Spain that fast. Wrong Again Records that released Lunar Strain & Subterranean didn't really work that much outside Sweden, almost all their bands they had signed back then was Swedish bands.

Also I don't really believe you when you say ''I've bought all of the previous In Flames albums and I've loved all of them''. If you would've loved both ASOP and SoAPF, I don't understand how your opinion could be what you're posting, makes no sense. I'd understand it if you said In Flames last good album was Clayman but not when you say you love all albums.

And come on, it's not Pop. Few parts might have some Popish influences, but the album as a whole is still Metal.

Ok. Beeing exact, almost 20 years. Since the release of Subterranean. I'm lucky enough to have a brother-in-law who is the owner of the only metal pub at my city, so, whatever was new, you could listen there.

I don't know what my opinion about the new album has something to do with loving SOAPF and ASOP. But you must be smarter than I am. Also, my two favourite albums are Clayman and Come Clarity, so make your own conclusions.

Evidently the last part it's just exageration, it's not pop (I'm just expresing my anger), but, for the most songs, what I could listen to, Anders lines or melodies or whatever you want to call them are pop. The only part that it's not pop it's the music.

"In Flames goes Depeche Mode"

Oh I wish...

Evidently the last part it's just exageration, it's not pop (I'm just expresing my anger), but, for the most songs, what I could listen to, Anders lines or melodies or whatever you want to call them are pop. The only part that it's not pop it's the music.

It's radio pop-rock with slight metal influences.

Ok. Beeing exact, almost 20 years. Since the release of Subterranean. I'm lucky enough to have a brother-in-law who is the owner of the only metal pub at my city, so, whatever was new, you could listen there.

I don't know what my opinion about the new album has something to do with loving SOAPF and ASOP. But you must be smarter than I am. Also, my two favourite albums are Clayman and Come Clarity, so make your own conclusions.

What I meant with comparing ASOP and SoAPF was that most people think that on ASOP his vocals are at his worst, and I would say there's no denying Anders cleans has gotten progressively better for each album, and especially on Siren Charms I feel a huge improvement, that's why I don't understand how you can hate it so much if you've liked his (many peoples opinions) worse clean vocals.

I'm just so bored of people like you saying it's bad. No, it's not bad, you just don't like it. PERIOD.

And yeah, I want my leak because I can't wait. Cause just like you, I have all their stuff including their demo, Subterranean and Black Ash Inheritance. The difference between you and me is that I like what I have head so far from Siren Charms and yes, I'm excited to hear the whole thing.

Also, I don't get why people still ask them about Jesper. It's been seven years since he left the band and they already gave answers to this question years ago.

And Anders vocals are fine to me.

Sorry, everything I do is to give my opinion. As you do. And, ovbiously, what I've heard until now I don't like it.

I'm not saying it's bad, what I say it's that it's bad coming from them, and I don't see (almost) anything there that sounds like IF. Also I respect the people who says they like it, but I expect no less from them.

If you read my posts I'm not asking for Jesper return (though I'd rather like that was Anders the one who parted ways), because it was his decision to leave and it would be rude to keep on asking his comeback.

Anders vocals are fine to you and aren't fine to me. You see? We have different opinions and it doesn't matter, it's just a matter of what you like.

What I meant with comparing ASOP and SoAPF was that most people think that on ASOP his vocals are at his worst, and I would say there's no denying Anders cleans has gotten progressively better for each album, and especially on Siren Charms I feel a huge improvement, that's why I don't understand how you can hate it so much if you've liked his (many peoples opinions) worse clean vocals.

Obviously I don't like ASOP for the vocals, but I really like the guitars through all the album, so I like the album, even with the bad production.

Also, talking only about the preview and the few songs I heard until now form SC, I must say that ASOP Anders it's Pavaroti compared to the new songs (exagerating again).

Obviously I don't like ASOP for the vocals, but I really like the guitars through all the album, so I like the album, even with the bad production.

Also, talking only about the preview and the few songs I heard until now form SC, I must say that ASOP Anders it's Pavaroti compared to the new songs (exagerating again).
Wait I don't understand your comparison, you're saying Anders was like Pavarotti on ASOP compared to the vocals on Siren Charms? What does that even possibly mean? Lol. What the fuck man :D That literally makes 0 sense what so ever.

I think it's pretty clear what he means... I seriously don't get wtf is wrong with him as his vocals on SoaPF fading are fine and I even LIKE them in most songs - the choruses of title track, Deliver us, All for me, New dawn or Liberation are awesome. But some of the vocals of these released songs or 30 sec extracts are like he doesn't even try to sing, it's just some mumbling or whatever(verse of Rusted Nail or Through Oblivion). But that is still nice performance compared to that awful shitty screaming in When the world explodes.

And to be honest, some of the 30 sec previews actually sound like pop-rock. But most of them doesn't sound that bad. I'm still looking forward to that album. Not expecting much, but some songs could be fine.

Sorry people, false alarm, I'm not supposed to die from cancer until 40 years later!

Whenever someone says "In Flames is now pop" or "In Flames is nu metal" or anything like that,
it's a fucking strawman.

Grow up and stop doing this ad hominem esque attacks on what they sound like. Siren Charms sounds nothing like Katy Perry or Justin Bieber, or even Nickelback. In Flames sounds nothing like Korn or Limp Biscuit.

If anything, I'm sure Anders is throwing in some influence from stuff like Depache Mode at the most, but that's it. Piss off with the name calling crap.
It's Alternative Metal.

Svářeč;10896629 said:
SoaPF fading

tumblr_lrxzgun6rs1r0ia88o1_400.gif

Svářeč;10896629 said:
I think it's pretty clear what he means... I seriously don't get wtf is wrong with him as his vocals on SoaPF fading are fine and I even LIKE them in most songs - the choruses of title track, Deliver us, All for me, New dawn or Liberation are awesome. But some of the vocals of these released songs or 30 sec extracts are like he doesn't even try to sing, it's just some mumbling or whatever(verse of Rusted Nail or Through Oblivion). But that is still nice performance compared to that awful shitty screaming in When the world explodes.

Personally, I find his vocals on Liberation by far his most boring and bad clean vocals performance compared to anything else (also of what I've heard on Siren Charms thus far). And if his comparison to Pavarotti is so clear, please clear it up for my stupid mind. I agree that the cleans on SoAPF are very good, especially on, like you said, A New Dawn. The cleans on Siren Charms seem to be more genuine singing than good-produced cleans (as heard on SoAPF). I also like his cleans a lot on Come Clarity, I think it has much to do with the production there as well though, but I don't really care, it's not Devin Townsend layering-esque..

Obviously if you dislike Anders cleans on Siren Charms, there's no doubt you'll hate the album. I don't agree about his screams in When the World Explodes. First time he purely screams very aggressively in a long time instead of using his part scream part yell part sing unique style (which is also like). I could understand people finding the verse chugging riffs in When the World Explodes boring, but the screaming vocals being bad compared to previous? I disagree. They sound very clear and crisp.

Wait I don't understand your comparison, you're saying Anders was like Pavarotti on ASOP compared to the vocals on Siren Charms? What does that even possibly mean? Lol. What the fuck man :D That literally makes 0 sense what so ever.

Of course. I'm from Spain. We have low english level.

What I meant is that, comparing what I heard until know from SC, the Anders in ASOP, for me, is what Bruce Dickinson to Blaze Bailey. Obviously, again I'm exagerating.

Not that he has best vocals, if we are talking about his "instrument", but, at least, he sounds like the (I'm not much into this album) singer of IF. Again, I'm gonna say that, from the previews, Anders melodies or vocals or whatever you want to call them, are pop or, if you rather like, sounds like an Anders side project.

(Sorry for my bad english. Blame the Spaniard educational system).

Whenever someone says "In Flames is now pop" or "In Flames is nu metal" or anything like that,
it's a fucking strawman.

Grow up and stop doing this ad hominem esque attacks on what they sound like. Siren Charms sounds nothing like Katy Perry or Justin Bieber, or even Nickelback. In Flames sounds nothing like Korn or Limp Biscuit.

If anything, I'm sure Anders is throwing in some influence from stuff like Depache Mode at the most, but that's it. Piss off with the name calling crap.
It's Alternative Metal.

Take a look at swedish pop band Kent.

Svářeč;10896629 said:
But that is still nice performance compared to that awful shitty screaming in When the world explodes.

Yeah, what's up with that? It totally not listenable.