In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

As for his vocals (growls) in the early days... They were just OK, nothing more. But then, they were like the drums - playing second fiddle to the guitars and song structures. If they've chosen any of other hundreds and thousands growlers in the metal world, it would prob. still be fine, and without objection from the fans (not the NW - Tarja situation).

A good point, although I think Anders' vocals did enhance both Colony and Clayman. He was at his best during that period, imo, and I can't think of many vocalist who could have pulled off those albums better. It did destroy his throat for a while though.

Speaking of good vocals. This is a more recent show. Great energy and vocals, wish they recorded the whole show:

This one is pretty good too. Excluding Björn though, he looks like Hitler with that hair lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a new album topic and I read people talking about sharing shows and how good Anders was long time ago.....amazing!!!

No. Read again the posts, nobody said that he was good. But we are saying that now he sucks.

Apparently we're supposed to talk about the new album nonstop for 58 pages, and also Anders' past work has no bearing on the present at all... I wish I'd known, it would have saved me a lot of typing.

Yes. They sometimes do. But I think this days isn't usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdb7QR2gLB8

Watch them Feed isn't an bonus track though. It's from the Trigger EP. And the reason why In Flames don't really play bonus tracks live is because most of them are covers. They never performed Discover Me Like Emptiness. They performed Eraser and Tilt however but they only count as bonus track for the Japanese, for us others it was an EP as well. We'll see if they perform The Chase or Become the Sky, I don't think so though.

Another interview about tours with Björn & Anders

This is a new album topic and I read people talking about sharing shows and how good Anders was long time ago.....amazing!!!

Well maybe you can, like you did a couple days ago, post one sentence on how bad the album is and how much you love old in flames, that would add a lot of depth to the album discussion.

Reason we talk about random bullshit is because this is not an official forum with moderators. I made the thread for the album, but this basically the only active IF thread so we cover everything involving IF and other random topics in this thread anyway. Simple as that. Off-topic doesn't exist in this thread :p

Watch them Feed isn't an bonus track though. It's from the Trigger EP. And the reason why In Flames don't really play bonus tracks live is because most of them are covers. They never performed Discover Me Like Emptiness. They performed Eraser and Tilt however but they only count as bonus track for the Japanese, for us others it was an EP as well. We'll see if they perform The Chase or Become the Sky, I don't think so though.

I never really liked Watch Them Feed. It sounded like a half-finished demo with a really badly sung chorus.

Alright. It was only that I'm used to count the EP's and Singles as bonuses, but you're right.

I never really liked Watch Them Feed. It sounded like a half-finished demo with a really badly sung chorus.

Definitely a weird song, not very In Flames-ish. Definitely didn't sound like the bridge-sound between R2R and STYE.

Alright. It was only that I'm used to count the EP's and Singles as bonuses, but you're right.

They have liked someone else said, performed Everything Counts, I think it was in 1997/1998 or something, and then in 2010. They also performed World of Promises ONCE ever in 2004 (on the same show I have uploaded Behind Space Original Lineup on), but sadly on the bootleg it only includes 30sec of the song then it cuts =/

They haven't performed Strong & Smart either as far as I know.

The internet is nuts

You guys are on a different land mass than I am

I was in LA last October if that helps :D

Definitely a weird song, not very In Flames-ish. Definitely didn't sound like the bridge-sound between R2R and STYE.

I don't really know what it sounded like. I hesitate to use this term because it has been used so often in the wrong way regarding In Flames musical direction, but Watch Them Feed had a nu metal sound imo which was really off-putting. I agree that it doesn't seem consistent with their identity. Even the lyrics are a bit weird.

I was in LA last October if that helps :D

I don't really know what it sounded like. I hesitate to use this term because it has been used so often in the wrong way regarding In Flames musical direction, but Watch Them Feed had a nu metal sound imo which was really off-putting. I agree that it doesn't seem consistent with their identity. Even the lyrics are a bit weird.

It's funny, 'cause if you speed the intro to Slipknot's Before I Forget, you actually find something very similar to the main riff (though Slipknot's came after).

I remember hearing Watch Them Feed for the first time and being really disappointed that Anders had used a swear :D I think it's the first time they'd used "fuck" in their lyrics? The thing I always liked about the melodeath bands (Soilwork excluded :D) was that they didn't use swear words all the time in their music. Their lyrics were actually well thought out, interesting and didn't need to use swears like a pissed off teenager. Hearing "Cos all you fucks are in my way" kinda lowered my opinion of Anders a little bit, though I don't think he's used swears in any other songs since then? I could be wrong there but off the top of my head I can't think of another song where he's used fuck, anyway.

I really like Watch them Feed.
It actually reminds me a lot of the songwriting found with Dimension Zero.

That live version is just fantastic as well, especially the vocals.