In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I'm not saying it's not cool or original. I personally take anything over a regular metal music video, like Rusted Nail's or Alias's. But CC's video extremely tires my eyes, and I can't help it. It's almost as bad (to the eyes) when people have no clue how to cut a concert footage and there are 3 cuts per seconds.

I did not know however that the band is famous there. That makes things preeeetty bad. The song itself is actually listenable. Hate to say it, but it grows on you. I mean, you know it's bad, but still. (Kinda like Siren Charms, heyoooooooooooooo. Saved you guys a bullet :D)

My fav. IF look was definitely the outfits they wore after Come Clarity. It was a nice mix between casual and serious.

"Alias" by IF they ripped the music video off of this:

40secs is the most insane thing I've ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Rusted Nail and Alias? Only for the Weak and Deliver Us are my favourite In FLames videos. Then Trigger & Cloud Connected. But IF videos are, usually, nothing special. They should be far better and they need to stop working with Patrick Ullaeus.

Rusted Nail and Alias? Only for the Weak and Deliver Us are my favourite In FLames videos. Then Trigger & Cloud Connected. But IF videos are, usually, nothing special. They should be far better and they need to stop working with Patrick Ullaeus.
I said RN and Alias are following the boring "metal music video 101". Put the band somewhere and record them playing on their instruments.
40secs is the most insane thing I've ever seen
Then you haven't dug deep enough.

I find the OFTW video kind of hilarious to be honest... Anders is like a moody, sulking teenager throughout the video :D Bjorn's hair is pretty special too.

Went out to eat last night with a couple of friends who were really into In Flames around the Come Clarity era. Both stopped listening after ASOP came out, but one of them had listened to Siren Charms recently... unsurprisingly thought it was awful.

Setlist from their short Scandinavian tour (first show so far)

Bullet Ride
Leeches
(First time live since July 25th, 2011)
Square Nothing
(First time live since December 9th, 2009)
Black & White
(First time live since December 12th, 2006)
Satellites and Astronauts
(First time live since July 14th, 2010)
Siren Charms
(Live Premiere)
Superhero of the Computer Rage
(First time live since September 26th, 2004)
Darker Times
(First time live since February 5th, 2013)
Crawl Through Knives
(First time live since September 1st, 2012)
Cloud Connected
Enter Tragedy
(Live Premiere)
The Hive
(First time live since September 27th, 2013)
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

I like it, some really cool shit, especially Superhero of the Computer Rage, love that song. Return of The Hive as well, my favorite song off of Whoracle. Satellites also one of my favs from Clayman. Gonna be a really good show. Would have loved Ordinary Story as well but you can't have everything.

It's a pretty strong setlist indeed! Yours is wrong though, they played 22 songs, you only have 14 on your list.

Here is the accurate setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/pakkahuone-tampere-finland-13f461a5.html

00 - Jester's Door
01 - Superhero of the Computer Rage
02 - Enter Tragedy
03 - Darker Times
04 - Jotun
05 - Bullet Ride
06 - Leeches
07 - Square Nothing
08 - Black & White
09 - Disconnected
10 - Satellites and Astronauts
11 - Like You Better Dead
12 - Siren Charms
13 - Crawl Through Knives
14 - Food for the Gods
15 - The Hive
16 - Ordinary Story
17 - Paralyzed
18 - Take This Life
19 - Where the Dead Ships Dwell
20 - Deliver Us
21 - Cloud Connected
22 - My Sweet Shadow

Opened with Jester's Door and Superhero of The Computer Rage

People keep editing it constantly at the moment:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2015/pakkahuone-tampere-finland-13f461a5.html

I thought when they opened with Embody Invisible, Clayman and Bullet Ride back in May here in the states that was the most one could ask for.

Jotun, Satellites and Astronauts and Ordinary story alone make this insane.

Now they're learning.

Well, I'll be damned.

Not a bad setlist at all. Nice to see SC and ASOP getting minimal coverage. Can't be too happy about 3 STYE songs, but hey, Superhero isn't the worst choice in the world. Nevertheless, I'm actually kind of stunned to see a whopping 3 songs from Clayman and Whoracle apiece, and even some Come Clarity material that doesn't suck.

Personally, I'd say they need to scrap whatever plans they might have for that DVD they recorded last year and record a show with this setlist instead. Doesn't change the fact that Anders sounds like a dying dog, but that's a legitimately respectable song selection.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, what the fuck fuck fuck????? Serves me right, the Austrian show is sold out, FUCK. Man, I hate myself right now.

Superhero, Siren charms, Leeches, B&W, Like you better dead, Jotun..... I also expect them to change shit up from show to show. Honestly, no one can complain after this - though I'm interested how he performs some of the newly played songs.

Hoooooly fuck what a setlist!!! FOOD FOR THE GODS seriously. AND Ordinary Story. Fuck yes this is going to be awesome. I didn't think they'd go for so much old stuff, last time they did the club tour they played more random stuff as well but it was more R2R stuff, now it's three awesome songs from Whoracle and a bunch of other songs. I mean only ONE song from ASOP even, that's almost unheard of. I hope they keep some of these songs staying for tours next year as well. They should've recorded these shows instead/as well.