In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Now that I really think of it, setlist.fm might have initially said "OFTW" for some show other than Oulu, too. Maybe it was an error and they corrected it. So you're not either blind or senile, necessarily. :)

Oh well, at any rate, I'm happy they're playing Jotun. Nothing against OFTW as a song but they've played it to death during the last 14-15 years... Wouldn't complain if they gave My Sweet Shadow a rest aswell.

Yeah, nice footage there. :kickass:
Please, God, NO! The only thing that I missed from their live show is the lack of STYE songs. I don't want to die without hearing MSS and TQP live!

Though yeah, with this setlist, they could easily get rid of it.

Seems like they've actually swapped back OFTW instead of Jotun the last 3 shows, and also Everything's Gone instead of Superhero :( That's a bummer. Unless it's by request but I doubt it. Still getting a bunch of good classics though so I bet it will be really nice anyway, I'll report back after the show tonight how good it was :)

I'm back =) Show was really good. Probably the best show I've been to thus far, setlist and soundwise. Smallest venue for sure and that stage, they band could barely fit lol, they couldn't move around much at all. Audience was a bit slow but mid-show it started getting better, I think it has to do much with it being a Sunday evening and people dont wanna drink or go crazy since they are most likely working Monday.

Highlights for me were definitely Jotun and Food For the Gods. I got so hyped since I thought they were playing OFTW but they swapped back Jotun this show. I think that was the best moment of the show, when they played Bullet Ride, Jotun, Food For the Gods, Ordinary Story, Crawl Through Knives and The Hive in succession.

Also I've never heard Anders growling so much, even sounded like he belted out some Whoracle-ish growls at times. Actually on Food For the Gods, he ONLY death-growled during the verses and choruses of the song apart from a short moment in the end of the song, that and/or Jotun was probably the best part of the show for me.

Digging the way Anders is screaming the ordinary story video that Krofius posted. The chorus sounds great.

Always known Anders could do the older songs justice with the way he screams now

Here's a decent clip of Food For the Gods, sadly the vocals can be hard to hear at times due to people singing in the audience. But you can hear him doing some death growls in the clip, and he basically did that the entire performance when I heard it live. Basically like he's doing between 3:15-3:25 for the entire song.

Last edited by a moderator:
People singing ?? I thought everybody stood around like zombies for the old stuff ? :confused:

Only For the Weak and Food For the Gods, just listen to those BRUTAL fucking growls on Food For the Gods, especially the first and second chorus, holy shit. Same stuff he did when I heard it. I've also never heard him growl in the way he does at 7:20, like a semi deathgrowl or something, sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah always known he could pull those off and that "older" songs would in fact still sound great live

They've certainly earned back a large portion of my respect as I've never expected them to play a setlist like this for every single show but just that they should from time to time (like they're doing now)

If that's what they were aiming for then they did a great job of it

Huh. You know, for the longest time I was wondering whether the guy would eventually jump ship, but I never thought I'd see the day where he actually did. As much as I hope he might use this opportunity to start Sacrilege back up and start writing some awesome stuff again (like he was thinking of doing at one point), it looks like it's just to be closer to his family and pursue his new business, which I respect immensely all the same.

Good luck to him in whatever he does from here on out.

Kudos to him for listening to Anders vocals live for so many years. He's earned a break.

Especially when his own growls/screams were infinitely better than Anders' ever were. It will forever perplex me why they never once let him do at least some backing vocals, or even taking the helm for a song or two. What a waste.

Yeah he's looked bored and not really into it every time I've seen him in person the last few years.

So, who will drum next?

Yeah he's looked bored and not really into it every time I've seen him in person the last few years.

A few years ago, he was asked in an interview which were his favourite songs to play live, and he said that the fast ones. Maybe this is an exlanation of why he looked bored.