Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

Katatonia: Overrated in the underground community?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No.

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
First off, we wanna say that we’re completely happy with the outcome and success of ‘Dead End Kings’, but truth to be told, we saw a potential in going in a different and unexplored direction with the same material. Our instincts told us that this would be both intriguing and captivating to revoke the loud and aggressive sound picture dominant on the album and instead give way to the atmosphere and tranquillity lurking beneath. This eventually became an urge, so a few months later down the road we decided it was time to re-visit this project, but indulge in new creative experimentation.

So, it’s our wish to release the entire album in a stripped down, semi-acoustic way and turn things around completely and we are asking you, the fans, to help us do this by Pledging the various album formats and other exclusive items we have made available. By doing so you can check back regularly to find out about our campaign and the album’s progress

The synopsis is simple and album title won’t lie; the drums will be dethroned and the distorted rhythm guitars will be uncrowned! Instead, we’ll place the emphasis on the many layers of ambience, with the melodies staying central and the vocal harmonies representing the heart of the album.
[...]

Is it even possible to make this album more mellow than it already is? :err:

I really liked Dead End Kings as well.

I love all of this band. ALL OF THIS.

They kinda went all Sisters of Mercy.

Not a problem for me, I like them too.

Fuck yeah. I overrate Katatonia all the time, because all their albums deserve bonus points.

That song gives me hope that it won't be a complete soundtrack to ride an elevator to. Give me an album in the vein of TGCD or Viva Emptiness por favor. The last two were complete and utter duds that I can't even be arsed to get harassed by the LA Sheriff's Delartment over.

They got boring after TGCD, though I had fun listening to their 2020 live album Dead Air last weekend on a long drive.

They still have 5+ albums and a couple of EPs I listen to on a semi regular basis. More than most bands.

They got boring after TGCD, though I had fun listening to their 2020 live album Dead Air last weekend on a long drive.

They still have 5+ albums and a couple of EPs I listen to on a semi regular basis. More than most bands.

What the fuck bro? Youre alive? That girl from the early 00s did a Fucking number on you bruh.

I still love ye Matt. Just would watch my drinks around ye if we ever met again. ;)

Hope All is Well!

Reactions: Demilich