LIVING SACRIFICE

Something cool to check out. Living Sac have a DVD! It has some footage of Rocky tracking guitar WITH A POD! I had never looked at the notes for the albums, as I had no clue Andy had worked on these albums as well. I always thought, WOW, they did a great job down there in Arkansas!:lol: Now, Andy's comment puts it all into perspective.:heh:

Maybe I'm taking Andy saying it was tracked with guitars meaning that is POD tone on the "Conceived in Fire" album? or does he mean he re-amped later? Either way, if it is straight up POD tone, then man, I guess it goes to show with mad skill, and time, and patience, you can get massive tone with the basics.

yeah I saw that on the "Processed" DVD... Sorry about the assumption andy...I wasn't talking down on it, but merely wondering how it would sound now. If you just had POD tracks, that'd make sense.

I wish LS would just have a reunion now... Rocky's band "Soul Embraced" is back together now, and that has Rocky on guitar, and Lance Garvin on drums...they just need Bruce on vox and the second drummer thats in Love Drug I think back...and whoever their bassist was...the quiet one lol.

I think "Living Sac" are one album, and a major tour away from major stuff! They are all good guys. Their music is WAY too baddass to be sitting idle! If Sepultura (with Max) and Living Sac launch a reunion tour together!:OMG: , FUUCCK YEAAH!
OZZFEST ANYONE?!:headbang:

They are spiritual based and not all people like it. I personally love it because of my beliefs.

I wish they put out another CD and realized that they could PROBABLY make a living off of it with the way things are...or its just in a phase right now and will die out soon...they may of missed the boat. It's a shame, they were definitely one of the best metal bands out for the Christian metal scene.

I agree. If they had stuck it out for another two years or so, they would have really been a major force, especially with how things are now. I honestly dig their whole cataloge. Although D.J.s vocals on "Nonexistant" kind of hinder the flow of the awesome songs on that album (makes me wish Bruce had been the vocalist from the start). They've done thrash/grindcore/deathmetal/metalcore all with class, skill, and integrity that few bands match today. They really need a reunion tour.

They are spiritual based and not all people like it. I personally love it because of my beliefs.

I wish they put out another CD and realized that they could PROBABLY make a living off of it with the way things are...or its just in a phase right now and will die out soon...they may of missed the boat. It's a shame, they were definitely one of the best metal bands out for the Christian metal scene.

Yeah, same here..I really dig there lyrics. They are not ashamed of what they believe and what they think. And I think the same, if they would have hold up just a little longer they'd be one of those leading forces in metal..

I have to chime in here. I love this band. Super nice guys too. I've seen them live 8 or 9 times and they slayed every time. Apparently, Jason Truby (guitarist on everything upthrogh Reborn) has been jamming a bit with Lance Garvin, so hopefully that'll spark something.

I have to chime in here. I love this band. Super nice guys too. I've seen them live 8 or 9 times and they slayed every time. Apparently, Jason Truby (guitarist on everything upthrogh Reborn) has been jamming a bit with Lance Garvin, so hopefully that'll spark something.

I wouldn't mind a reunion of the Reborn lineup now that he's out of POD. that was always a mindfuck because i used to listen to Inhabit and a couple of nonexist songs off of Circle of Dust's Metamorposis. Heavy stuff.

I love it when a band sings about something they really beleive in I guess thats why I find no fault in the lyrics. I mean most bands do especially in this genre but for some reason it seems like this topic (spirituality) would be really hard to sing about and get accepted in the metal community.

I love it when a band sings about something they really beleive in I guess thats why I find no fault in the lyrics. I mean most bands do especially in this genre but for some reason it seems like this topic (spirituality) would be really hard to sing about and get accepted in the metal community.

That's why LS is one of the good bands. LS was one of only a small handful of "christian metal bands" that was a band first and not trying to use metal to "convert the lost". yeah they wrote about their beliefs but they weren't playing metal just to appeal to the metal heads.

hey andy, i think you were wrong about the pod thing on conceived in fire... I asked to rocky what did he used to record the guitars with living sacrifice and soul embraced and this is his answer :

the SE record Immune was recorded with a Line 6 pod using the insane amp model direct.
the LS record Concieved in Fire was recorded with a Line 6 Flextone II head through a 4x12 straight cab on the modern hi

gain setting with the cab simulater on the head switched off.
the LS record the Hammering Process was recorded with both a peavey 5150 and a crate solid state head ran through a 4x12

straight cab.
all the leads on this record were done with the crate solid state head.
i am now using the Line 6 pod pro run direct with the 4x12 cab simulater on using the insane setting. this is what i

used to record the 3 new songs on the LS In Memorium cd and is also what im recording all the new SE demos with.
Did you actually talk with Andy Sneap about the LS recording or did you read that somewhere?
Later,
Rock

hey andy, i think you were wrong about the pod thing on conceived in fire... I asked to rocky what did he used to record the guitars with living sacrifice and soul embraced and this is his answer :

the SE record Immune was recorded with a Line 6 pod using the insane amp model direct.
the LS record Concieved in Fire was recorded with a Line 6 Flextone II head through a 4x12 straight cab on the modern hi

gain setting with the cab simulater on the head switched off.
the LS record the Hammering Process was recorded with both a peavey 5150 and a crate solid state head ran through a 4x12

straight cab.
all the leads on this record were done with the crate solid state head.
i am now using the Line 6 pod pro run direct with the 4x12 cab simulater on using the insane setting. this is what i

used to record the 3 new songs on the LS In Memorium cd and is also what im recording all the new SE demos with.
Did you actually talk with Andy Sneap about the LS recording or did you read that somewhere?
Later,
Rock

:puke: Owch. Then Andy did an amazing job.