LIVING SACRIFICE

One thing I noticed on conceived in fire is that you can actually hear the percussion on this album, as to where THP it's hard to hear. I also noticed Bruce's vocals sound deeper, I was wondering if he sang differently, or was it a result of the mix? The mix also sounds to me like it's been compressed much more than their other albums, not that I'm saying that it's a bad thing, just curious about these small details.

I remember reading on their website when they had all of the recordings done, and then ditched the mix entirely and had it sent off to be remixed by Andy Sneap. I like the mix on Conceived in Fire, but I think the songs on Reborn, and The Hammering Process were better. One of my all time favorite bands!

I have the DVD from them, and it shows them in the studio, and also live takes, and in that video, I heard more of the percussion than I knew was there - probably because I could see what was going on, but the percussion and the drums blend together so the difference is not quite so obvious. I guess for me, the percussion mix on CIF sounds different than the drums, so to me, they stand out more. I like both mixes, I just think the songs had more to them, at least guitar-wise on THP. I wish they would come out with another album. Who mixed "In Memoriam"?

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the new Soul Embraced, especially to hear Lance tear it up again. Putnam is cool, but I always felt that he wasn't really necessary since they had Lance. Cool people, I met them many years ago. Lance actually played on our drummers kit one time, and since then he had bought a DW5000 Pedal, not sure if he still uses that pedal, but I guess its our drummers all time favorite event in his life HAHAHAH. I think what it is on THP and the percussion is that slap of the sticks hitting the heads are so pronounced that the tone of the drums don't really bleed through the mix, so its harder to hear what is going on. Conceived in Fire, the tone of the drums are much more obvious to my ears. Gotta disagree with you on the Reborn album, because that album was a complete turn around for them, and it had a lot of passion, although I think they went a little overboard on using feedback for guitar riffs LoL! But I am glad Lance is back in the scene and Rocky is no longer with Evanescence - I always felt it was a drag that he left LS for Evanescence BLAH!

Andy totally saved the Concieved In Fire record.
I didnt have the best guitar sound at all. My 5150 started crapping out on me around that time and the flextone ended up sounding better in the studio. I love the 5150 sound and will use that sound again im sure. I still like the line 6 stuff and have used it on records since CIF but not ran through a cab and all that, just direct and and ran through tube preamps and eq's. That to me sounds a lot better and way cleaner than going through a cab. Im also using direct reamp signals as well. I didnt even know about that stuff back then. But i totally see how usefull it is now.
Thanks again Andy!
I'll have that clean direct line for you next time :)

yeah rock is the man! Can't wait to hear the new soul embraced album man!! If you have any recording videos of you or the band please share with us!!
P.S did you ever thought about playing music with the LS guys again?

They are by far my fave metal band of all time!! I just read as well taht they are getting back together!!

I have to agree, would be nice if Sneap got the gig to mix it!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang:
:kickass:

I was just going to pop in here and post this off of thier myspace:

"LIVING SACRIFICE has returned. Founding members Bruce Fitzhugh (Vocals / Guitar) and Lance Garvin (Drums) have reunited with Rocky Gray (lead guitar) and Arthur Green (bass). The band will be on tour this summer and we are already writing material for our brand new album, which will be released in 2008. We like and appreciate the fan pages but this is the OFFICIAL Living Sacrifice MySpace page. Stay tuned for updates."
OH HELL YEAH!

I was just on the Living Sacrifice Myspace page, and I realized that the version of "Symbiotic" that they have up seems to be a pre-Andy Sneap mix. I think it's still the album tracks, but it's interesting listening to it and hearing how much Andy cleaned it up! Living Sacrifice Myspace

Yeah it's sweet! It sounds to me like it was recorded and mixed as a part of the sessions for the new Soul Embraced album. I asked Rocky last month about the mixer for the forthcoming Living Sacrifice album, and he said it was still completely undecided.