LONG HAIR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't remember exactly why I started to let my hair grow. Probably just decided to give it a go. I think that was about two or three years ago. My hair is now about 12-14 inches long, past my shoulders. It isn't straight, I'm not sure how to describe it.

Fortunately it has a couple of advantages, it looks okay when its a bit tangled, and my hair doesn't really need washing more than every week or two (I can get away with a month or more without it being yucky too me).

If I ever cut it off, I'll probably be tempted to go all the way, to a shiny top (at least to start with). I might also try to sell the hair, if I needed money (wigmakers might buy it).

I also tend to dress in black, with hooded jumpers. This came before my interest in metal, so it is probably coincidental.

In short, I've got long hair because that's what I've ended up with, and I have no particular reason to change now.

ARC150 said:
When I was younger, I was passed over for certain work because of the long hair. Backed by the force of adolescent idealism/naivete, I decided that any job for which I had to cut my hair was not a job that I wanted.

Now I produce video games on the USA West Coast - so what I am wearing in that on-stage pic was the same thing I was wearing at work earlier that same day.

What is your occupation?

Legal. Admittedly i'm still in training but all the same, the need to make a good impression outweighs the benefits of long hair (only slightly :))

Tongue_Ring said:
in the bible
there's a passage about hair length
it was basically a message to males to keep their hair short enough for succesfull hand-to-hand combat, slaughtering pagans, and for the females to keep their hair long enough to identify them as non-combatants

Frankly the bible is half political horse shit

Hair can have many different types of cultural or religious meanings (^as above^), but for most it's just aesthetics; and some people just don't look good with the alternative hairstyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.