Miscellaneous movie thread

Last week I saw Dreamgirls (very good). This week I've seen Pan's Labyrinth (excellent) and Babel (very good).

Definitely see Pan's Labyrinth if you get the chance. An excellent, excellent film.

I saw Perfume at the movies the other week. Pretty good film. A bit weird, which was good.

Has anyone seen the South Korean film Old Boy? Fuck me that is one disturbing flick. Very clever, and it fucks with your head for hours after watching it.

Woah, I skimmed your post Spiff, I don't remember reading 'excellent, excellent film' in yours but I must have subconsciously :)

Im going to see a movie tonite, a rare feat indeed! I dont think ive been to the cinema for nearly two years.

anyways me & the wife are off to see Hannibal Rising. Tell you all about it later.

It's OK, but compared to the others it doesn't really rate. The murders are fun though. Really, it's a completely unnecessary addition to the series (Hannibal was, too). I don't really care or want to know why he's evil. He just is. Why does everything have to be explained?

Exactly. That was one of the good things about him, the fact that there was no reason why he was evil.

I have no interest in seeing this film whatsoever.

While I could agree that sequels and prequels are not needed in the Hannibal story,there was a demand for more so Thomas Harris kept writing.

Ok so neither of these additions have managed to top the SotL but HR was enjoyable. I found it interesting to see how his character was formed from his childhood experiences. Lots of money behind it, great shots, good acting, perhaps a little long but the story is told well and it deserves 3 outa 5 stars in my book.

A satisfying return to the cinema for me. But fuck, how loud are movies these days:erk: - how old do I feel!