Miscellaneous movie thread

Last weekend I watched Saw and Saw II. Very good movies, the first one is more of a psychological horror than Saw II which is more of an action film, but either way they are pretty good. You should rent them out if you haven't seen them already.

I want to see the second one. I liked the first one a lot. Someone post in the horror dvds thread. I haven't watched one in a bit, so haven't anything to add!

What do the extra bits in LotR add? Extended battle scenes etc, or extra plot bits?

Last night I watched The Neverending Story. 22 years on and it still rules! I saw it twice at the cinema when it came out. :headbang:

Speaking of 80s kids' films and whatnot, I love the music in films back then. I don't know how to describe it, but it was simpler than music in current films, and hit the spot a lot more for me.

Shit, I havent seen Neverending Story in yonks, I tihnk im gonna have to go rent it out sometime. I forgot all about that movie, loved it as a kid.

Speaking of 80s kids films, i recently saw Transformers: The Movie, that has great music in it.

When was the Transformers movie made? I don't know if I've seen it or not.

Santa Claus The Movie was another cool film for kids, from memory.

Winmar said:
When was the Transformers movie made? I don't know if I've seen it or not.

Santa Claus The Movie was another cool film for kids, from memory.

I think it was made in 85, just before Season 3 of G1.

It's got one of the ultimate anthems of all time in it... Stan Bush's "You've Got The Touch"

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!
YOU'VE GOT THE POWEEEEEEEER!

YEAH!

Judd Nelson plays Hot Rod... the wanker killed Optimus Prime :(

Although Rodimus Prime was pretty cool.

Optimus had everything under control, was about to shoot the fuck out of Megatron and everything would have been happy.

BUT NO! Hot Rod had to jump in and wrestle Megatron for no fucking reason, therefore Optimus couldn't shoot at Megatron for fear of hitting hot rod... which gave Megatron the upper hand to blow Optimus away.

It's all Hot Rod's fault.

I remember getting all choked up when Optimus Prime "died". Standard passing-of-the torch-stuff but done very well.

I recommend everyone goes to see The Inside Man if they haven't already. Great film with even greater plot twists, although some of the language is a bit full on. If people insist on saying "fuck" every second word, what must they say when they get really hacked off?

This Saturday I've got the place to myself, so I should at last get around to watching Se7en (which I've never seen before and had for months) and Serenity. After that, Batman and Batman Begins.

W

I used to watch Transformers all the time, but probably not since the mid-late 80s. Maybe I should seek out the movie. I can't remember any of the characters.

It gets a bit annoying when they swear too much in movies, as it loses its effect. I swear a lot, but there's a limit..... The worst offender I've seen was that Aussie horror movie Undead.

Shaolin Soccer's awesome. Is the one you saw the original one, or the dodgy western version with English overdubs?