Most Underrated Metal Guitarists?

Daniel is a freak. One of the best living musicians period. Glad you mentioned him. Even jason will admit that Daniel and Emil are of equal but different talents.

And no im not slippery jim, haha. But i know slippery jim well and not sure he wants his identity shared or not. haha

You should send me those new Capharnaum demos Jason has had sitting around for years that he's never going to do anything with... Pleaaaaaase...? :lol:

Hell yes. Even Jeff Loomis said that he was the best guitarist Nevermore ever had. :headbang:

(Pat was in Nevermore for a while)

And damn did he put out some quality material with them! ("PoE" and "In Memory")

But Pat is just made for insane, faster Corpse riffing...

The whole Nevermore guitarists alumni reads like a "who is who" of underrated axeman: Pat, Tim Calvert, Curran Murphy, Steve Smyth. Class A shredders!

Pat Obrien (cannibal corpse), Terrence Hobbs (suffocation), Trey Azagoth (Morbid angel), Eric Rutan (hate eternal) and Mantas (venom :lol:)

Exept for E.Rutan, all of this are worldwide know on guitarist wolrd imo.

Vogg from Decapitated is a completely unbelievable guitarist, dude is a MONSTER.

Totally agree

I'm guessing you weren't working at Audiohammer when Dan from Martyr came down to record the Capharnaum album then? :p

Dan Mongrain is the best guitarist in the world. It's a complete tragedy that Martyr are still so unknown outside of Quebec.

I love Dan playing:worship:
I bought my warrior pro after see Dan warrior on Cryptopsy 3 rivieres metalfest video...

You guys and your shredders.

Chuck Schuldiner, Tighter metal player ever, amazing songwriting, kickass lyrics, he could sing while playing those killer riffs, tighter metal player ever, he founded DEATH. Definitely underrated in my opinion.

Chris Broderick!

or

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ze51lEt3w&feature=related[/ame]

I'm a sucker for metalguitarist that play classical guitar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing you weren't working at Audiohammer when Dan from Martyr came down to record the Capharnaum album then? :p

Dan Mongrain is the best guitarist in the world. It's a complete tragedy that Martyr are still so unknown outside of Quebec.

Dan Mongrain really is insane. A lot of awesome bands come from here, whether it's Martyr or another favorite of mine, Quo Vadis.

If my French was any better I would've moved to Quebec already by now. So jealous of the music scene you guys have, I was in Montreal for the Feeding the Abscess CD release show and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!! When Martyr plays Toronto there's usually a crowd of <75 people. In Montreal there was like 1000 people at The Medley all singing the words to every song, fucking AWESOME.

I love Montreal.

If my French was any better I would've moved to Quebec already by now. So jealous of the music scene you guys have, I was in Montreal for the Feeding the Abscess CD release show and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!! When Martyr plays Toronto there's usually a crowd of <75 people. In Montreal there was like 1000 people at The Medley all singing the words to every song, fucking AWESOME.

I love Montreal.

Yeah, Montreal gets crazy.

Dan Mongrain was a fuckin ace pick for underrated guitarist. It sucks Martyr isn't as well known. I'd love to see them.

Holy shit I came to say Jake E Lee, too, Shane. He's the MAN!

Doc from God Forbid isnt some tech master but he's pretty good about writing some trick shit.

Steinar Gundersen was sick with Spiral Architect

I don´t know, how famous Jari Mäenpää really is..but he´s one of the MASTERS. He should get some more attention imo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jari_M%C3%A4enp%C3%A4%C3%A4
+985,196,853

x 875,666,483

Christopher Amott (always gets overshadowed by Michael, but Chris is waaaay better)

I don't think this guy is underated, just unheard of:
Tosin Abasi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ho4-tExpTE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ho4-tExpTE[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: