Most Underrated Metal Guitarists?

yeah well i think, nobody has mentioned his name but me haha. is still he deserves mor recognition .

Just because nobody mentioned his name yet doesn't mean he's underrated.

I'm also a pretty big fan of some Death alumni as well (in regards to the Nevermore alumni reference):
Paul Masvidal
Andy LaRocque
Ralph Santolla
Bobby Koelble
Shannon Hamm

All worth a look at, especially the last two who are the most underrated of those listed.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Just because nobody mentioned his name yet doesn't mean he's underrated.

I'm also a pretty big fan of some Death alumni as well (in regards to the Nevermore alumni reference):
Paul Masvidal
Andy LaRocque
Ralph Santolla
Bobby Koelble
Shannon Hamm

All worth a look at, especially the last two who are the most underrated of those listed.

I didn´t meant that, but in general, not here.

Chuck always had a good eye on guitarrists, and i really like his shreds, because its his style, is very unique.

+1
Tipton is the shit:headbang:

I really don't see why people are so impressed with Tipton. I've never been a fan of Priest; but all this talk about how great this guy is, i've been on a Priest listening spree this weekend... and I have to say I don't see what you all see in him.

Maybe it's just one of those things where if you grew-up on Priest music, and if he was your inspiration to play guitar, then I could see how you might worship him. But for a non-Judas listener like myself, I don't see anything magical about his playing. Maybe I'm missing something? He does have some good solos and some great moments, but nothing that makes me think that he's this almighty "god" that people make him out to be.

I'm not bashing Tipton, and i'm not bashing any of you that think he's an awesome player... it's just a viewpoint that I don't share and quite frankly don't understand.

I really don't see why people are so impressed with Tipton. I've never been a fan of Priest; but all this talk about how great this guy is, i've been on a Priest listening spree this weekend... and I have to say I don't see what you all see in him.

Maybe it's just one of those things where if you grew-up on Priest music, and if he was your inspiration to play guitar, then I could see how you might worship him. But for a non-Judas listener like myself, I don't see anything magical about his playing. Maybe I'm missing something? He does have some good solos and some great moments, but nothing that makes me think that he's this almighty "god" that people make him out to be.

I'm not bashing Tipton, and i'm not bashing any of you that think he's an awesome player... it's just a viewpoint that I don't share and quite frankly don't understand.

+1

+1 ANDY LAROCQUE & JAKE E. LEE

I have no idea what he is up to now, but Josh Christian from the band Toxik could throw down too.

Felix, you wrote that you study guitar in Munich ?
Do you know Wolfgang Zenk, who is teacher for technics at MGI ? He was in Sieges Even. Our guitarist who studied there said he is

:OMG:

Yeah dude, I´m in contact with Wolfgang Zenk...btw WOLFGANG ZENK is pretty underrated! He´s my Master :worship: I´m damn proud and lucky to have him as a teacher! I will make my diploma in November 2009.

Last edited by a moderator: