Next Opeth Album

Oh well, philno, if you do not feel any atmosphere in Watershed, other does. Would like to know what you exactly mean by "random". Like, examples. It's easy to say, but show us how random is Watershed. Cursious am I.

Finally, once again, "there's no problem with a band changing direction with every album, as long as it is done (according?) with taste". Is that what you mean? That if a band changes direction, it must be done according to what you like ? What does "with taste" mean.

That's all strange, because I actually think Opeth direction has taste, but you don't. Who's right?

i wonder if you'll ever abandon the "your opinion/my opinion" routine. how are you not bored of it? from now on, let's just assume that whatever i say is my opinion and whatever you say is your opinion.

many people have acknowledged the lack of atmosphere and randomness of the songs on watershed. i know i've seen others express this belief many times on this forum, and if you'd like the proof, pull out a pair of headphones and listen to a watershed song yourself.

here are a few quotes:

"Lacks a lot of the "foresty" and dark atmosphere of their other albums."

"And there's just no atmosphere to this album. All their other albums have a definite atmosphere (usually cold and dark), but I don't feel anything with this one."

"Somehow Opeth has always managed to write big songs that had big climaxes and reached peaks of emotion, but I just can’t find a lot of it in Watershed."

"Mike's normal singing sounds artificial in many parts of Watershed. It’s good most of the time, but I think that it lacks the simplicity and introspection that the other albums had."

You're still so pathetic, philno. It's not your 3 or 4 quotes of people who didn't feel the atmosphere that's going to make what you say facts. But you're right, I should stop talking about taste and opinions, but only because you are way too retarded to understand anything of it. The only fact that I say that "I FEEL AN ATMOSPHERE" destroys everything you could say. Yeah, I could be as stupid as you and add "I KNOW LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO AGREE" and believe that I'm right. Hopefully, I won't. Open your fuc**ng eyes you dumb fool.

So yeah, to answer you, I think I'll abandon my "routine", there's no hope with you.

I listen to Watershed at least once or twice a week, and I keep thinking this album is just amazing. And once again, a damn load of people would agree.

It'll be like nothing the world has ever heard before.

That's why we love Opeth, I guess.

from now on, let's just assume that whatever i say is my opinion and whatever you say is your opinion.

ON THE INTERNET???!?! NO WAY!!

I think you should just change your sig to IMO to avoid this problem altogether....

many people have acknowledged the lack of atmosphere and randomness of the songs on watershed.

Perhaps you should replace "lack of atmosphere" with "an atmosphere I cannot understand, comprehend, or even detect", and "randomness of the songs on watershed" with "songs that do not appear to flow together to conform to my pre-conceived notion of how they should flow together".

As with any opinion in the sorted history of this planet, one can find a few others who will agree. That doesn't make this opinion "fact".

this is my pre-conceived notion of a shit thread

nasty-fire, as always, you're pre-occupied in analyzing a new post of mine that you've totally misinterpreted. you can use the brain exercise, so i'll let you figure this one out of your own.

samsara, once again, your babying defense is utterly senseless. i'm not "replacing" any of my opinion. i have my opinion for many reasons, you have your opinions for your reasons. i don't shit on people who like watershed, so why are you crying and being a blubbering vagina when you see someone like me who is expressing disappointment with watershed? as you should know so well, different people have different opinions.

for a guy so "pro-opinion/anti-fact", you seem to think it's a fact that i'm missing something, that i fail to detect some atmosphere that's beyond my grasp. if you're pro opinion, be pro-opinion. if my opinion isn't fact, neither is yours. don't be a pussy when your favorite band gets flamed a little.

here's a simplified version

Me: "imo, A = B"
You: "i can't accept that A = B! that's just your opinion! actually, A = C!"
Me: "...wtf?"

samsara, once again, your babying defense is utterly senseless. i'm not "replacing" any of my opinion. i have my opinion for many reasons, you have your opinions for your reasons. i don't shit on people who like watershed, so why are you crying and being a blubbering vagina when you see someone like me who is expressing disappointment with watershed? as you should know so well, different people have different opinions.

for a guy so "pro-opinion/anti-fact", you seem to think it's a fact that i'm missing something, that i fail to detect some atmosphere that's beyond my grasp. if you're pro opinion, be pro-opinion. if my opinion isn't fact, neither is yours. don't be a pussy when your favorite band gets flamed a little.

LoL Phil... Come on, dude. We're on the same page when it comes to opinions and how they should be freely expressed without flames in return. This doesn't make me "pro-opinion/anti-fact". That's just retarded. What is clearly an opinion being presented as a fact is a bit hard to take however. I totally disagree with each of the statements you quoted to support your opinion... because I have a different opinion. I also think Watershed has an atmosphere... and the record does have a flow. The "fact" that other people see it differently is fine, but that doesn't mean that the atmosphere and flow are non-existent.

Oh, yeah... I'm not a pussy, nor a baby, nor a blubbering vagina........ and I'm not hurt that other people think differently.... nor am I bent somehow that my favorite band is getting a little flamed. FFS it's not like I just started coming to this forum last week. YOU on the other hand are like a Slinky to me. Not really good for anything, but it would bring a smile to my face to push you down the stairs.

YOU on the other hand are like a Slinky to me. Not really good for anything, but it would bring a smile to my face to push you down the stairs.

Hahaha wow.

Oh well, philno, I am not at all preoccupied by you. Just following threads like always, but it comes out that you're the only one I always totally disagree with. I misinterpreted nothing at all. I wanted to say exactly what Samsara is trying to tell you. We are not saying that people who don't think Watershed has an atmosphere are wrong, not at all. That's just their way of seeing it. But it's not ours. On the other side, you, are saying that Watershed doesn't have an atmosphere, like if it was a fact. It isn't. And again you just find nothing to reply because you're wrong, so you hide yourself in ridiculous bitch offenses instead of argumenting.

Step by step.
-You are saying that Watershed has no atmosphere
-I'm saying it's just a matter of opinion, because to me, it has one.
-You tell me that a lot of people think it doesn't (with some quotes).
-I (and Samsara) answer you that your opinions, even if many agree with, don't make anything facts.
-You start crying.

Tell me I am wrong (don't worry about last step), and tell me why.

Me: "imo, A = B"
You: "i can't accept that A = B! that's just your opinion! actually, A = C!"
Me: "...wtf?"

And you are making contradictions with yourself. You wrote "In my opinion", but earlier, you said that "A = B", that Watershed didn't have any atmosphere, and that it was a fact. So, starting with that, the rest is totally false, and shows how you misinterpreted.
I guess you'll understand if I show you the same way, but I have no real hope for that.

You : "A = B"
Us : "Yes, but A may = !B, and we don't care if A = B for you, but A = B is not the rule since A may = !B."
You : "Now I'm fucked and pissed off."

nasty-fire, you cretin, i'm only going to tell you once more that it has never been my intention to state my opinion as fact. i stated the reasoning behind my opinion, they are not facts, they are my reasoning. there is nothing left to even argue at this point. i think watershed is pretty lame, you're being a big vagina, taking personal offense to my criticism of the album. that's the extent of it. fucking die.

Never took anything as personnal offenses to your criticisms, not even to your pitiful insults. Matter of fact : what you said had to be interpreted the way I and Samsara did. But I just think you realized how stupid you were, because what you said was clearly that your opinions were facts, somehow.

"i know i've seen others express this belief many times on this forum, and if you'd like the proof, pull out a pair of headphones and listen to a watershed song yourself."

...is exactly what you said, and shows are wrong you are.

"to prevent certain people from totally misinterpreting my post (the usual), im going to put this in bold: there is no problem with a band changing direction with every album, as long as it is done with taste."

...which makes it even more ironic... and saying "as long as it is done with taste" is just ridiculous. (EDIT : Funny, the e-mail I received contains less insults, so you edited just to look more bad.)