NFL 2017

Respectable loss by the Eagles today. I thought they played a talented Chiefs team (playing at home with three extra days rest) to a draw for most of the game, but the difference was the Eagles turned it over twice, while the Chiefs protected the ball all day. Wentz mostly played well, but he's struggling with the deep ball. He had better chemistry with Jeffery and Smith, however. The defensive front seven is looking pretty strong, but I'm a little anxious about all the injuries in the secondary, which was already our team's weakness.

Watching the Cowboys get the shit kicked out of them (and hear Dak contrive excuses, as he has for years now) made the second half of the day enjoyable.

Respectable loss by the Eagles today. I thought they played a talented Chiefs team (playing at home with three extra days rest) to a draw for most of the game, but the difference was the Eagles turned it over twice, while the Chiefs protected the ball all day. Wentz mostly played well, but he's struggling with the deep ball. He had better chemistry with Jeffery and Smith, however. The defensive front seven is looking pretty strong, but I'm a little anxious about all the injuries in the secondary, which was already our team's weakness.

Watching the Cowboys get the shit kicked out of them (and hear Dak contrive excuses, as he has for years now) made the second half of the day enjoyable.

You're right. Referees are perfect and there's never any bias in any league officials either on the field or in an office.

The offensive line looked worse than I've seen since Tyron Smith was drafted. The cornerstone of the team is that line and if they struggle it's going to be a long day.

Yea great, guys hold, sometimes they get called sometimes they don't. Deal with it and adapt, Cowboys didn't today, that's all there is

Your whole "northeast bias" "killing the league" stuff is just hyberbole

It becomes blatantly obvious what's going on when the person recommending the suspension for Zeke is a Giants season ticket holder and the NFLPA files in Texas and the league tries to counterfile in NY. Viewership across the league is down except for Cowboys games. The quality of play is in decline, reffing is at least as terrible as ever, and more and more people I talk to believe the games are rigged to a degree (not in agreement about for who/how/why), but I would say there's an increasing amount of distrust in the league office. Brees was saying as much a year ago:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-ratings-stems-from-mistrust-of-league-office

games all across the league have been bad. i thought maybe i was just losing interest in the game with the Jets being as bad as they are but even watching Red Zone was coma inducing. i didn't see any of the GB ATL game but that was another blowout with some garbage time TDs to make the score somewhat close.

Prblem with the Giants is they have a Couch and don't even need one, that's been what the problem is why they can't win games,throw the other team the football so they can score touchdowns. That's been what the prblem is

So apparently Aaron Hernandez had an extremely advanced case of CTE.

Dude went from being a billionaire to prison, sometimes you just end up in prison and hang yourself, it happens, shit happens.

Crazy game. I really thought the Eagles might get a shut out. Eagles defense (and some Giants butterfingers) save Doug Peterson from utter idiocy after going for it on 4th and 8 from basically midfield two minutes left in the half. I loved the aggression on the 4th and inches play earlier, but this was just a stupid, low probability play. Why in the fuck would you do that in a close defensive game? On the other hand, the running game looked great throughout the day.

Then, out of nowhere, the Giants offense explodes. Eagles injuries definitely contributed to it. But I loved the resiliency of the offense to bounce back and score on the final three drives. The 61 yard field goal was a stunner. I had no faith in Elliot to make even the 40 yarder, let alone one from 61. Not as pretty a win as I was hoping for but division games are usually tough and we're 2-0 in the division, so a good start to the year.

Glad to see the Falcons win today, but that call at the end was iffy and probably should have won the game for the Lions. Seemed like the spot where they froze the camera his knee wasn't actually down yet and should have been a TD for Detroit. I'll take it though, since 2/3 of the interceptions were mostly bad luck (the first was totally Matt's fault tho)

Mcadoodoo is just not a head coach. He goes for it on 4th down with easy field goals that could have helped win the game. And his clock management is terrible.

The Eagles coach going for it on 4th and 8 mid field was just mind boggling.

Eli looked better and Beckham is back. Landon Collins is awesome. And that's all I got.

If we finish 7-9 it'd be a miracle. I see 5 wins. Just a mismanaged team with too many holes

Giants fans are hilarious, they keep pushing the underdog story of 2007 and 11. It's over boys. Those teams had guys like Strahan and a running gm. This team has pretty catches and ugly haircuts

Last edited:
Reactions: zerostatic and Dak
I actually do think the Chiefs are legit. When the Packers get healthy on the Oline again they'll be legit. Titans are a solid team.

It's much too early man. September is the real preseason

I actually do think the Chiefs are legit. When the Packers get healthy on the Oline again they'll be legit. Titans are a solid team.

It's much too early man. September is the real preseason

Other than a few bad years, the Chiefs have been regular season studs going all the way back to the Schottenheimer years only to flop in the playoffs. Not going to believe in them at this point, especially since Smith disappears in key games. Packers can't win it all on Rodgers every time, as the last 5 years show. I don't know about the Titans. September is practically a preseason (which is bs), but the variability across the league in terms of sloppy football might be the worst I've seen. If this is the achievement of parity the NFL has been after they can gtfo with this sad sack shit.

Last edited:
thought Saints could have beat the Patriots and they could not even catch the Football, Giants could not even beat The Eagles, what happened to Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, fuck the Giants.

Dallas has the league leader in sacks but it feels like fools gold atm. Chaz Green is no Ron Leary in the run game either. Happy with a win but it was only the Cardinals.