NFL 2017

Not sure what to think of my Falcons. Should the o-line should be blamed or Matt directly? He's a unique QB in that with even just good (not great) o-line he's an absolute beast and I'd say top 3-4 currently playing the game, but once a certain level of pressure is on him he panics and falls apart, instantly becoming below average. It's even fair to say he's good at dealing with expected pressure around the edges but Jesus don't let anyone come through the line or surprise him or his brain shuts down. I'd neither call him elite, nor just a system QB, but something altogether different where his play massively amplifies positively or negatively the support he gets from his team.

Not sure what to think of my Falcons. Should the o-line should be blamed or Matt directly? He's a unique QB in that with even just good (not great) o-line he's an absolute beast and I'd say top 3-4 currently playing the game, but once a certain level of pressure is on him he panics and falls apart, instantly becoming below average. It's even fair to say he's good at dealing with expected pressure around the edges but Jesus don't let anyone come through the line or surprise him or his brain shuts down. I'd neither call him elite, nor just a system QB, but something altogether different where his play massively amplifies positively or negatively the support he gets from his team.

Like a Kirk Cousins.

Reactions: Draehl
Judge's decision on arbitration fairness means players need to strike. First strike I would be behind. Striking for money is one thing. The 2011 CBA ruined product and disciplinary proceedings. Unfortunately a more likely strike would be about SJW bs.

Not like the Texans were going to do anything, but at least Deshaun Watson was fun to watch. With him out, i have zero interest in football now. Interest was already low due to the millionaires acting like whining bitches and a commisioner that cant keep his players and product clean. Fuck off nowadays football.

Ready for baseball to start again.

Reactions: Dak
Super impressive performance by the Eagles. I expected the Broncos defense to give us some trouble, but it was really a domination, both in the air and on the ground. O-line played great. Wentz was hit maybe twice. Ajai looks like a steal.

Only negative was Lane Johnson left with a back injury. Hopefully it was nothing serious. Save Wentz, he’s the last guy they could afford to lose on offense.

Now go Chiefs!

Yeah, dominate win by the Eagles, wish I'd started Wentz. Re: Watson, now they are saying he probably tore it against Seattle and it gave the rest of the way in practice.

Edit: NM, Prescott basically has the same # of FP with most of the 4th left. Still trying to figure out how Dallas played so poorly against Denver.

Last edited:
Other than a total lapse on the "Hill Mary", Dallas dominated against a team that had been mostly "Red" hot and an offensive putting up top numbers/MVP QBing. Defense looks totally different with Lee, Hitchens, and Irving in, and keep looking better. Even Taco got his first sack today. Cooper has cemented his spot at LG and is looking like a former 1st rounder finally, so the Chaz Green experiment at LG is over. Prescott continues to just do what needs doing. Elliott is fighting the NFL bullshit as long as he needs to. Some ankle injuries on the team today, hopefully not that serious.

Cowboys vs Eagles is looking to be bigger and bigger.

Edit: BTW another game with no offensive holding calls on Cowboys opponents. Even w/Lee getting bear hugged on Natl. TV. Up to 5 games now I think against a top 10 rush D. No biases. Refs are just callin it str8.

Last edited:
Yeah the Cowboys were totally in control for most of the game. Looks like they're coming into form. Both lines looked strong and there were lots of long, sustained drives on offense. You never felt like the Chiefs were actually gonna stop them in the second half.

Now to wait 14 days for Cowboys-Eagles :bah:

Reactions: Dak
Eagles get 2 weeks to prep and heal up and Dallas has to go on the road in the interim. The Eagles should be the favorites going in.

Ugliest line play since Week 2. Can't win games when the whole line gets blasted off the ball every play. Chaz Green looked absolutely pedestrian. If Tyron and Lee are both still out next week Eagles are going to win.

Pedestrian is a generous way to put it. Terrible coaching by Dallas, not adjusting when it was clear Green could not handle Clayborn. Reminded me of the Winston Justice/ Osi Umenyiora from 2007 when Andy Reid let Donovan McNabb, only a few games back from a torn ACL, get murdered all night long.

If there's ever a legitimate knock on Garrett it is definitely an inability or unwillingness to make prompt in-game adjustments. Another would be to give too many chances for certain players to earn or keep a spot (like Kellen Moore or the now departed Nick Hayden). I'm not sure how much of that is Jerry's fault or the abdicating of position starter decisions to coordinators.

I wouldn't say it was Brees as much as it was Ingram and Kamara. I watched that game and the Saints did whatever they wanted against a decent Bills team. Right now, just due to Coach/QB experience, I'd give the Saints the slight nod over the Eagles as the best NFC team right now, then Rams, then Vikings as a more distant 4th. I think Carolina is fools gold as long as Cam is QBing. If 100% healthy Dallas could compete with any of those teams, but since that is unlikely and with all the conference losses I'm expecting Dallas to miss the playoffs at this point.

Last edited: