Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to explain what a typical finnish ceremony is like, but then i realised that i was drunk as fuck at the only wedding i've been to, so i think i'll leave it for someone else :erk:
ps. My sister and her husband (and the witnesses (=me)) did need a few shots of whiskey before they got married :p

NF: So bored. I WANT TOMORROW!! :bah:

NF: Almost two weeks after my interview, I haven't heard anything, so I really doubt I'm in there. Back to the drawing board, which at the moment doesn't even have a hurriedly-sketched stick man doodle in the corner.

Hiljainen said:
i just ate polenta at 0.30am, i'll become some sort of being with no rules.
this idea that eating polenta might be, after all, a paradigm of anarchistic lawlessness is entertaining me to no end. :tickled:

Thanks people for your congrats beforehand. :) Everything went well with the priest. She's actually a younger lady than my fiancé and I are. :p She was very nice, calm, relaxed and made jokes with us and everything. I am so much more confident now, not so nervous anymore.

rahvin said:
how's a typical finnish ceremony?
(i know this leaves room for about a hundred jokes about finland and alcohol: i trust you to reply quickly. ;))
It would be a long story if I'd explain a typical Finnish ceremony step by step. We are Lutheran so if you are interested, try Google. :p (Heh, I am lazy!) It's somewhat formal ceremony but there's also room for speeches, prayers and music played by friends or relatives if you like but it must be religious - no Rammstein at the church :loco:.

NF: so-so.
i'm planning to get awfully drunk on my birthday this year, it's a monday. doesn't matter where i am or if i'm with friends or alone, my birthday will be made for forgetting everything everything. not that i'll wait till my birthday to drink :p , but i'm keeping human limits now.

nf: i have a cold coming, fuckity. i'll be brave and go to the gym anyways, hoping to kill the bacteria in the sauna.

Child of Time said:
I'm going to the Åland islands over the weekend. It will be fun. And it's one of few (the only?) areas in the EU where you still can buy taxfree alcohol. :D
Good choice, half of the students from Uppsala University have pretty much moved there :D

hyena said:
i'll be brave and go to the gym anyways, hoping to kill the bacteria in the sauna.
Ooh, you have one? That's cool. Now, as a part of a universal research, approximitely what temperature do you go to your sauna at?

Claudia: Working out when you have a cold coming is really stupid, because it will make the cold much worse. I have first hand experience from several cases.

Anna: Om du menar allvar så kanske det går att ordna. Om du ser detta innan kl. 24 ikväll så skicka mig ett PM så försöker vi styra upp något. :)

well, for the moment it didn't get worse or better, but i stopped sneezing so it might be a sign. i will let you know. especially because if i don't feel like shit i'll try the combination again tomorrow, but this time after the workout i'll switch sauna for hammam (my dad told me that i'm more likely to get rid of malaise in it because of the humidity) and then we can compare the effectiveness of various types of thermal treatments to cure a cold. :p

@fourth: i don't know exactly, by the feeling of it i'd say it was in the upper 50s.

@hilj: i was lazy up to one month ago, then i was forced to get active because my back was eternally sore. now i'm pretty happy, i found that i actually like the activity, especially because it takes the aggression out of me and then i can concentrate with more ease on work and other things. but you're too young to have a bad back, lucky you.

hyena said:
@hilj: i was lazy up to one month ago, then i was forced to get active because my back was eternally sore. now i'm pretty happy, i found that i actually like the activity, especially because it takes the aggression out of me and then i can concentrate with more ease on work and other things. but you're too young to have a bad back, lucky you.
no, my back is one of the (few) things that work well. i'm young but not really at the best :p
for now my laziness is too much, i wonder how i'm not 200kg by now considering my lazyness. maybe it's the effort i put into not making efforts..

Too young to have a bad back? Poppycock and balderdash. I had a bad back for a few months when I was 15, I couldn't play football or even walk at a fast pace or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.