Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: happy :D
i just got a call from the "Finnish Department of Migration" and was getting asked if i have all necessary official documents, and if i have been in the country longer than three months, and i started thinking i would get deported or somethng... and then I'm asked, "If you haven't been there for that long, how come you don't recognise your friend's voice anymore?" and it was my friend from Mexico! :lol: he always does things like that, and he can pull of the best arab accent ever. i'm way too naive but it was so nice to hear from back home :(

rahvin said:
i'm starting to realize i should learn to release more aggression, instead of letting it bottle up inside. i think this applies to hyena, too. we're too sedated, not spontaneous enough in voicing our malcontent.
It might be you use all your aggression in finding the perfect complicated English expression (hyena, too), which is positive for us, because we learn new vocabulary but that consumes all your spontaneous action ;)

NF: like I have teh bestest boyfriend_ever :dopey:

NF: HAPPY! Social life is great, meeting lots of new people, lovelife moving along, mumsy's cool, dad's staying out of my way, travel plans unfurling nicely, can't complain!

fireangel said:
NF: like I have teh bestest boyfriend_ever :dopey:
well, i have teh bestest girlfriend ever. my girlfriend can beat up your boyfriend any day. :p

as for the rest: i could post the whole human race must die in flames and you'd probably compliment my foresight to leave room on earth for new species. in short: face it, you're biased. ;)

rahvin said:
well, i have teh bestest girlfriend ever. my girlfriend can beat up your boyfriend any day. :p
:lol: no way

but my boyfriend could beat up you :p

rahvin said:
as for the rest: i could post the whole human race must die in flames and you'd probably compliment my foresight to leave room on earth for new species. in short: face it, you're biased. ;)
you should be happy I am so biased that I would in fact congratulate you for an improvement of your psychological status ;)

PS: I was answering this already earlier, but my comp crashed, thus the overlaying replies...

rahvin said:
i'm starting to realize i should learn to release more aggression, instead of letting it bottle up inside. i think this applies to hyena, too. we're too sedated, not spontaneous enough in voicing our malcontent.
yeah, great idea. want me to start right now? :Smug:

i know you mean well and there's thought behind your advice, but as my title says you have no idea. my experience is that voicing my malcontent either pushes me towards the vulgar and whiny, which in turn makes me ashamed of myself for reasons of style, or it gets me into verbal fights that i never really win when it matters.

my relationship with you is the most significant example of this ever: assume i'm not content about a part of it for some reason. if i'm spontaneous and voice my malcontent, you cut me down with sarcasm i'm not capable of, or you stonewall me. then i get all emotional and angry and i begin to look like a bum rummaging in the trash and not finding anything, losing any trace of statesmanlike demeanor. i end up hating myself for the uneffectiveness and the ugliness of my behavior, and back to square one we go.

this is representative of what happens when i voice my malcontent to people i really care about (it's unnecessary to go public about any problem with someone you don't really give a shit about) - and what can i do when that is the case? buy a gun on the black market and shoot you? plan unlikely revenge for the year 2043, which incidentally is when i have to retire and i will no doubt need a hobby?

if you were referring to showing malcontent in non-personal situations, such as, say, being abused by a post office employee who refuses to do their duty or, as it often happens to me, being abused by traffic cops who force me to spend hours in the rain... it's more or less the same. kicking and screaming is useless and undignified. the only possibility is gritting one's teeth and wait for the moment when traffic cops won't dare to slow you down. or refer to the judiciary. write complaints and all. this sometimes works, but it's as sedated as it gets.

this said, it's hard to keep the aforementioned malcontent inside, but that's more or less why i drank in the past, and why i workout four times a week now that i've slowed down on the drinking.

of course, all of the above applies to me. you might find yourself successful in getting what you want if you become more vocal (i actually think it's a good strategy for you). but not really me. not now.

nf: quite tired, i think i'm going to sleep in more or less one hour.

Sorry for double posting..

TheFourthHorseman said:
It's funny that a regular (or a not-so-regular regular) sees not posting here as a good thing.
In my point of view, posting to any UM board is basically a waste of time and I do it mainly because or if I have nothing else to do. I reckon some people may feel differently about it.

There are some nice people on UM that I've become friends with and I'm thankful for that, otherwise I'm not so into it anymore. It probably shows since I don't post here much either. But sometimes I do and hope you don't mind.

Salamurhaaja said:
I'm sure I could beat up the whole forum for you, but not rahvin, I like the little guy :) :D

:lol: at you and rahvin

I know you wouldn´t, it was just the appropriate reply to rahvin before :loco:

rahvin: do I get christmas presents from you, too, if I don´t beat you up because I like you? :p

fireangel said:
rahvin: do I get christmas presents from you, too, if I don´t beat you up because I like you? :p
yes, but my possibilities are limited, so let's try not to extend this to all those who don't beat me up, or i'd start wishing i'm hospitalized soon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.