Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@arch: good luck to you too, may the bu be with you again.

@mags: ouch. keep us posted on the results.

@kc: i am sure that you have enough experience of concentrating on the music itself that after a few seconds the audience is going to disappear from your line of vision and thought, and you'll play exceptionally well.

nf: i. have. sent. my. revised. paper. in.

*phew*

tomorrow i have a shitey day since i'm supposed to act as discussant in a conference i couldn't care less about. i haven't even read the damned paper i'm supposed to comment upon, but i have all morning for that hence it shouldn't be a big problem, just a bit bleah.

on the bright side, one of my mates is going to come back from a trip to frankfurt and i'm sure he is going to have more than a few fun stories. and i am most definitely going to leave the office early because i need some exercise, which i didn't get today or yesterday due to work work work.

update: i'm feeling quite thoughtful at the moment. i've just been told that i am refusing to even try to destructure the assumptions we all hold on to when it comes to relationships. that happened because a friend of mine for whom i used to have a strong attraction said 'i'd love to watch how you bring up your kids if you have any' and i said 'i'd really hope for the prospective father of my kids not to be pleased with the fact that another man, who by the way is quite involved with me, is closely watching our children grow'. he said that jealousy is childish, and i told him that i don't need jealousy, i just need a handful of straight ideas when it comes to relationships. hence the fact that i am not willing to destructure assumptions that may not have any true basis.

i concur, i'm not willing. maybe i'm mentally lazy. i hate being lazy, but i just don't have the guts or enthusiasm to go in that direction.

today is one of those shitty days when i think i've missed something along the way, something important.
i'm in a rut with my work, and i don't know what to expect or do with it. what i'm currently doing is quite far from what i want to (and should) do. in days like today i just want to throw it all away and get myself fired, but i know it'd be stupid, incredibly stupid... on the other hand i'm just at the beginning, and things should take a better turn in a i hope not so distant future. i say myself i shouldn't complain, since the wage is good and the people is generally cool, but still i am in a bad mood, and feel quite unsatisfied.

idari said:
@ Gav: Hiiii :) :wave: Rusty told me that you guys might meet soon, i'm so jealous! :/ *wants to meet you too*

I cant make the gig now :cry: so that isn't happening... but I might go to the Kreator gig with DT instead, in which case there's a chance Ill still meet the Rus' man

NF: Pretty good. The recital went mediocre, but was very well recieved. People said I performed with a 'gusto' uncommon of most people in the course :confused: I didn't perform with 'gusto' at all. I nodded my head on the catchy bit, but thats it... and I pulled a cheeky face on the final mean bend followed by the cadenza. Anyway Im happy to recieve such praise for what seemed like an under par performance.
We also had to argue in a group discussion about abortion. me and my friend decided to take the opposite P.O.V to everyone else, so the subject could be actually debated and we totally pwned everyone. It was up lifting to say the least. Its hard to argue against abortion but we did and even the observer (Teacher) said we annhilated them.
I also got my Film studies course work back... I tried to argue that Takashi Miike's films were characterized by feminism, the teacher told me it was never gonna work and was a post graduate subject to tackle. I got the highest mark in the class :D (47/50 A*). Im singing my own praise... but this is why I feel pretty good :D. My favourite tea is waiting for me aswell (all the better).

King Chaos said:
I cant make the gig now :cry: so that isn't happening... but I might go to the Kreator gig with DT instead, in which case there's a chance Ill still meet the Rus' man
I doubt I'll be going to that one, but we'll see.

Strider said:
things should take a better turn in a i hope not so distant future. i say myself i shouldn't complain, since the wage is good and the people is generally cool, but still i am in a bad mood, and feel quite unsatisfied.
Care to elaborate more on this? I can't say that I completely share your experience, but I've had several friends going through this type of crisis at the start of a new job.

NF: Slightly relieved, and getting happier, only two classes to go until my vacation starts, yaaaayyyy. It has been busy last few weeks. I'm also happy that my two translation courses went better than I expected, for the first time ever I got extra positive feedback, maybe I don't suck that bad after all. I'm still afraid that my other exams didn't go that well, but it won't be much of a problem to do them again. It's actually annoying and embarrassing to get a bad note even tho you had studied, it's not my fault if I run out of time :/ Ah well. Still happy about the freedom ahead :p My plans for tomorrow: music and beer, more music and beer and a bit more music and beer, and possible passing out on someone's floor.

Feeling a bit depressed 'coz I have a swedish exam on monday and a biology exam on tuesday.. :ill: After that it's time to relax.. :)

NF: tired :zzz:

i just avoided an accident while coming home from pavia, actually no, i could do nothing to avoid it, but luckily that idiot went back in his lane in time.
the thing i hate more about driving though are motorways, i mean when i have to take the ticket/pay: i never manage to stop close enough to the ..err..thing that gives me the ticket :ill:

Hiljainen said:
the thing i hate more about driving though are motorways, i mean when i have to take the ticket/pay: i never manage to stop close enough to the ..err..thing that gives me the ticket :ill:
just bash through it. :D

nf: o_O i hope whoever came up with the idea of christmas presents is rotting in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.