Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling a little disappointed. Got the results on my last exam today, and it wasn't as good as I had expected. :( Sure, I passed, so I don't have to redo half a semesters work, but I had been hoping for a higher grade.

Child of Time said:
I'm feeling a little disappointed. Got the results on my last exam today, and it wasn't as good as I had expected. :( Sure, I passed, so I don't have to redo half a semesters work, but I had been hoping for a higher grade.
I know the feeling. I just did a load of mocks and all the results are surprisingly low for how well I thought I'd done. Last year aswell my English garde suffered because I wrote a really bad paper. I was doing so well and that shattered my confidence. now Im moping around a C grade in most subjects and Im slowly losing the will to learn :p

NF: Pretty good. Im gonna try and record some heavy new material tomorrow. Also Im looking forward to Five-a-side football Tomorrow afternoon. last week was so funny. Me and my friends are pretty much geeks, but we teamed together anyway, despite the lack of talent between us :p. We lost every game about 11-0. Although admittedly everytime I got the ball I showed promise as the next Michael Owen (I'm not kidding). this one time I ran the whole field and then set my mate up who struck it first time and BOOM GOAL-A-ZIOOOOO. Everyone was hugging me and stuff.
:lol:

NF: tired, i'm doing a full immersion into studying while sitting kills my legs, right now i'm just looking at the book with a "this is a dream, right?" look though. i'm also pondering how much i should care about another exam that will give me only 2 credits for a huge amount of studying while i have to prepare for the nightmare one.
thursday i'll also get the results of the written part of that exam i was so pissed off for some days ago.
the true reason why i'm posting this is not boring people to death nor whine (strangely), it's actually just a way to keep away from the book.

NF: hungover and freaked out. Me and my pals went bowling yesterday and these two drunk scally lasses got on the bus on the way there. They started a fight with one of the girls in our group. Blood, Spit, Glass, Beer, Spit, Giblets of flesh and Blood was flying everywhere. It was crazy. They just smacked this girl in the face and then started smacking her in the head with a bottle. When we (although I didn't have a big part in breaking it up, I just held some people back) tried to break it up we all got bottled too. One of the tarts tried to spit on my friends girlfriend and it missed and landed right on my fookin shoulder. But my bro's lady mate got it worse. She was beaten to a pulp for no reason. We went bowling anyway and I bowled 140 :D. Alcohol soothed the shock of the opening events of the night and in the end we had a right laugh. I gotsta go to school in a minute and I'm in no condition.

@hilj: good luck. blast 'em.

nf: tired. i had a much needed workout tonight and now i'm sort of keeping away the thoughts of just how many hard things i have to do in very little time, but tomorrow is another day and it will be awful just like the previous ones. i'm positively horrified by two major deadlines, one on feb 20th and the other on feb 28th. i know i'll live, but the quality of life is verging on the shitey atm.

NF: nervous, today's my first day as a literature teacher to a group of abused orphan teenage girls for my community service...
also thirsty

Hurrah, Nick! You'll have to tell me all about that (hopefully on Tuesday morning) :)

NF: Content. At Dirk's university library. I've been in the US for a week and a half now, and I love it here. Everyone is so nice to me, possibly because of the 'innocent little girl' quality I apparently possess, people are naturally inclined to be more nurturing. Or something. I've done touristy things, shopped a LOT. In fact I've shopped so much if I keep this up I'll run out of money in a month, and I intend to stay for at least 3. But I'm on to NYC next so the shopping can't stop now! :D

@ Nick: congrats... at first I thought you said 'Im in love with a retarded child' :lol: ... then I wondered why people were congratualting you and I read again :oops:. but yeah, good for you man :).

@Li: Howdy. Glad you're enjoying yourself! I shopped alot when I went to Florida, but only cos it was so insanely cheap compared to europe. Nice hearing from you :)

Nf: Tummy ache :erk: but it's calming down a bit now. I went bowling today and I doubled my girlfriends score. I felt mean... but still, it ruled. I have a new love in my life, and it is bowling. I bowled 169 today and my lowest was score of the three games was 128. Loads of people around my game were appauling bowlers so when they saw me step up to the pins they were all in awe. Not that I'm really good or anything, I've just got an admirable technique. :hotjump: 169 :hotjump: [/ego trip]
:p

@the eternal woodsman of death: i've already congratulated you privately but let me do so again publicly. :) may she never leave you, may you be happy in the long run and may you have beautiful kids, for whom you'll need to buy cool helmets :p

@li: but where the fuck do you people get the money to go shopping for fun? do you rob banks in your spare time? i find it impossible to save more than about 45 per cent of my income each month and i swear that recently i've been only spending on broadly intended necessities (food, fuel, phone, internet, cleaning lady, insurance) plus the occasional night out which tended to be based on pizza or similarly cheap adventure. i would like to go shopping for fun, especially in america, but i guess i'd need a 10k month to have the feeling i can do that...

hyena said:
i would like to go shopping for fun, especially in america, but i guess i'd need a 10k month to have the feeling i can do that...

right now you probably wouldn't need that much in america. here - and i guess i mean europe in general, even though i'm not that up-to-date about what's going on in, say, spain - shopping is more or less taboo. the cheapest store in this area, for instance, have prices on leisure items which are at least twice as high as those i've seen in the u.s. (east coast, so imagine what they could be elsewhere still).

well, i'm going to the US of A in august so i guess i'll save my money until then and hope the exchange rate doesn't behave stupidly. thanks for the tip. :)

shopping here is crazy indeed, prices are already high when stuff is on sale, and the "normal" prices are unaffordable.

NF: i had a good dream (bad thing) and so after waking up i'm tired again, good start... but i'm still happy about something not so important, but that made me feel a bit proud :D

i have superpowers, finally. :p

seriously, without ever doing any new age/oriental meditation kind of crap i finally managed to induce orgasm during lucid dreaming ("hey, bu, no hands!"). very useful bit of ability although it cannot be recalled at will at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.