Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kRusty: Don't worry too much about it. It's past and you made it through. No reason to dwell on the yesterdays.

Taliesin said:
Just dont cut the green one ;)
She's assembling it, not disarming it
wink.gif

Well, Hilj.. just don't put the green and the white together, it shorts out the nuclear power source and your townfolk are going to be a little grumpy

hyena said:
as usual, i failed to get many of my points across, but i don't really care. that's the mantra for the next few days: i don't care, i don't care, i don't care. don't get me wrong, i'm not being arrogant, it's not that type of "i don't care". i'm just tired.
Meh!, who cares. Fuck it. The world is too stubborn anyways.

NF: Currently a little disturbed by my sudden decision to check out some volunteer programs overseas. Will I end up going through with anything or is it just another idle fancy? Answers on a postcard (maybe addressed to South Africa or China).

@rusty: i sort of know what you mean. i often have leaps of faith and start checking out opportunities that are completely different from what i do currently and where i do it. most times frustration kicks in because i never really decide to change anything. sometimes i despise these idle fancies, as you aptly call them. sometimes i don't, i happen to think that we might need them to clear our heads and decide where we're headed. but i suggest you give yourself a deadline for deciding - and not too far. say, by the end of february you have to choose whether you want to participate in international civil service or to go on with your studies. believe me, there's nothing worse than thinking back to time wasted while waiting to make a choice, and you don't want to endure the burden of years spent this way. so give yourself a shortish timeframe and pick a way. i'm available for advice if you care about it.

nf: slight headache. now going to sleep in anticipation of the week to come, which will most probably be exceedingly cold, besides being totally exhausting as always. i need a kind lover.

hyena said:
@rusty: i sort of know what you mean. i often have leaps of faith and start checking out opportunities that are completely different from what i do currently and where i do it. most times frustration kicks in because i never really decide to change anything. sometimes i despise these idle fancies, as you aptly call them. sometimes i don't, i happen to think that we might need them to clear our heads and decide where we're headed. but i suggest you give yourself a deadline for deciding - and not too far. say, by the end of february you have to choose whether you want to participate in international civil service or to go on with your studies. believe me, there's nothing worse than thinking back to time wasted while waiting to make a choice, and you don't want to endure the burden of years spent this way. so give yourself a shortish timeframe and pick a way. i'm available for advice if you care about it.
The thing is, I haven't got the money right now to go, so I'll need to work for a while to be able to afford it. Making a decision so soon isn't so important, it seems to me at least. You never know, by the time I'm in a position to be able to go, I might actually like my life here and not feel the need for such a change.

Hilj: What does '26' mean in this case? "Almost perfect" or hardly "passed"?

I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in six months, and damn my arms are aching. I takes me ten minutes to stretch my right arm without pain. The pleasures of working out.

I had a beautiful (and expensive :/ ) crystal pyramid on my desk, that I valued because of its elegance and its perfection. I was holding it in my hand today, just looking at the reflections of its facets on themselves, half-distracted away from it as I talked on the phone. ..I dropped it and it fell right on its vertex, where all the facets meet into a sharp point, and a tiny piece of it chipped off.
It's funny how in such situations, the tiniest of things, the tiniest of defects, can make such a difference. It took away everything I saw in it and completely destroyed it in my mind.
..pissed me off quite a bit.

Sorry to hear it Maggie. :/ I dread to think how I'll feel when the first chip appears in my dragon.

NF: Even more pissed off (not than Mags, than how I was already). I got a call from my college today, saying that I should've paid enrolment fees hen I started back there last September. I asked whether I'd have to pay at the time, and they said no. However, since it was their fault and it's been a few months now, they won't make me pay the full fees, just the £82 for exam entries. Great.

@Mags: sorry to hear that. :( i wish i could help you get another.. :/

NF: weird. they must be putting something in this coffee. o_O

Nf: Sorry to hear about everyones bad days. I, on the other hand, have got back together with a guitarist I was in a band with 2 years ago and we went to a club to meet this drummer. He's been playing for ages and has so much experience. He wants to do something as innovative as mastodon but inculding Metal core break downs. What more could I ask? The guy's perfection. Everything we need musically but also a top bloke as well. No arseing about, he was just totally cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.