Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@D_J: :lol: nevermind the bitch, she just knew you'd look better in the sunglasses than she did

@Thanatos: Get well soon! :)

NF: my neck feels like I spent last night headbanging without pausing. I wish I had, but I didn't... so I wonder what I've done?
second, I hate it when people call the house wishing to sell something... I usually end up talking to them for at least 5 min because I'm too nice to just say "no" and hang up, and it gets worse if they are nice too. plus I feel so heartless saying "no" to giving money to the starving children in africa... and some of these salesmen are... well, there was one who called us regarding my brother's phone subscription; would he like an updated version, etc. I told him sorry, my brother's away in Thailand at the moment and thus can't be reached. "Oh alright" he goes, pauses, and then I can hear him putting on his best salesman smile "but would YOU like this?"

@Northern Lights: I know what you mean. I'm like that too! dang, it's so hard to maintain a diabolical front when you can't even tell a pesky telemarketer to bugger off ;)

@Luis: *hugs* I hope it's nothing serious.

On a side note, my mother is amusing to watch while she's sleeping. Sometimes it seems like she's awake. Yesterday morning, she yelled, 'DIE!' before chuckling and flopping over.

:err:

back at home after a family dinner :zzz: it wasn't so bad as i expected, but not good anyway ;)

about people who call to sell stuff, i never manage to find the words to say no, except for some times when they really piss me off, i always invent unbelievable reasons to say no or i just pretend to hear nothing. :p

I had a bad problem today... My brother and I were running a dignostic on my mom's car... we got a few problems, fuel mixture is lean, rough idling (the car shakes from the engine idling)...
then we got to do the last stage of testing. the device we're using beeps four times. my brother swears. I ask what... it means the engine has four cylinders (it's a V8). once we fix that, we write down the output and check the code book to find out what it means. I aks my brother what he got. he tells me to check the numbers he wrote down.. "3 5 8" what does that mean? that's the cylinders that aren't firing...

Steve

Luis, your stomach still hurts? Poor guy! :cry:

NF: Pretty good. My treadmill came in today. It's quite sad how the material things in life are the only objects that satisfy me.

I feel better thank you, it's not gone but the pain is more bearable :)

I can't understand how you people can't turn down salesmen...it just takes a polite " thanks I'm not interested", and if he insistes you just close the door

@Caelestia: I think it's because they (the salesmen) have already sold their souls and are simply more diabolical than we could ever hope to be... or something :p

@Thanatos: ever tried closing the door with Jehova's Witnesses? They just won't go away... :erk:

I just found my note book from last year's geography class... and the extreme, monotone boredom of it all came over me again.

Dark_Jester said:
I pretend I'm a housecleaner who can't speak english.
i did that once. ok, well, not a housecleaner. this old lady tried to sell me a meal in a box for 'charity'.

'crab meat!' she told me, pointing enthusiastically at the mass of white crap in the clear plastic box.

i pretended i couldn't understand a word she was saying. my friend was to nice. bought a box.

and i don't know why i did the same o_O

Thanatos said:
I can't understand how you people can't turn down salesmen...it just takes a polite " thanks I'm not interested", and if he insistes you just close the door

I did something similar in a "job interview" for an american company here in Greece. It turned out to be something different to what they posted in the newspaper. It was for Herbal Life. I just said I wasn't really interested in those sort of products. The lady then told me "Why, don't you want to lead a healthy life" and I said plainly, "No, I base my diet on Doritos and Coke, thank you" and turned around a left...That "job interview" made me feel so stupid! ARGH!!!

everybody's looking for something
some of them want to use you
some of them want to get used by you
some of them want to abuse you
some of them want to be abused

Status
Not open for further replies.