Official National Hockey League Thread

Being a Devils fan is going to be rough. Unlike the Sabres, they have nothing to sell for the rebuild. Parise and Kovy really fucked them, maybe they win the lottery and get McDavid though.

Devils have a good goalie and some promising defensemen. Larsson is finally looking like the player they drafted 4th overall and Severson was looking like a top pairing player in his rookie season before getting injured. the problem is their forwards are probably the worst in the nhl. i'm hoping they can draft an immediate impact forward this year as they should have around the number 5-8 pick depending on how they finish.

That 1st rounder is awesome. Dahlbeck to me aint shit but a rental for a 1st?! Perron had another year on his deal and only got a 1st

I like the deal for the Hawks. Vermette fills a very big need. The first rounder is going to be in the 20-30 range. Dahlbeck had flashes, but he's just a guy. Quenneville hates young players anyway. Wasn't going to have a place on this roster. Ceiling for Dahlbeck is 4th defenseman.

Blackhawks are all-in for this season, because next year is a minor rebuild. Aside from Toews, Kane, and Saad, they have an old core and need to replenish the roster. Sharp will be gone. They're already dying to ship him out. Hossa is getting even older. Richards is old. Oduya and Roszival look done. I expect some big roster moves this offseason. Only Kane, Toews, and Keith are safe.

I don't understand how they are able to land Yandle when they don't even have the cap space for him. before the trade they had about 1.3 million in cap space, And as far as I can tell they don't have anyone on Injured Reserve. I just don't get it. And trading Anthony Duclair? Really, are they insane?

I'm fucking tired of Sather right now. FUCK THIS DEAL.

Duclair + John Moore + first round 2016 for fucking Keith Yandle and Chris Summers.

Only reason we could take it was because Arizona retained Yandle's contract.

You guys have given up 3 straight 1st rounders and a 2nd for MSLouis and Yandle..I don't even think the Rangers are better than Tampa or Detroit..Montreal maybe. Sather is running the Rangers into the ground.

2nd + Backman + Janmark to DAL
Erik Cole and a conditional 3rd rounder to DET

Weird trade and kind of a showing on GMKH's failings to move prospects along through the system in a timely manner, but not a horrible trade

I'm fucking tired of Sather right now. FUCK THIS DEAL.

Duclair + John Moore + first round 2016 for fucking Keith Yandle and Chris Summers.

Only reason we could take it was because Arizona retained Yandle's contract.

They only retain half the salary. Which would still make them over the cap. But that Lee Stempniak trade probably put them under the cap. But yeah fuck the rangers lol... tired of seeing all the big names go to them year after year.

2nd + Backman + Janmark to DAL
Erik Cole and a conditional 3rd rounder to DET

Weird trade and kind of a showing on GMKH's failings to move prospects along through the system in a timely manner, but not a horrible trade

the problem i find with this deal is if Detroit makes the conference finals that 3rd rounder goes back to Dallas.

Yeah, I don't see the need for that at all honestly.

A lot of people are speculating Phaneuf might be wearing the winged wheel this time tomorrow

I really don't know what to think about that

I feel like that kind of contract goes against what Holland would ever want to do. And you guys are stacked on the left side. I don't buy it. I see you guys getting Petry though

Yeah, I don't see the need for that at all honestly.

A lot of people are speculating Phaneuf might be wearing the winged wheel this time tomorrow

I really don't know what to think about that

You know this could turn into another Larry Murphy situation. Murphy was doing nothing in Toronto, once he got traded to Detroit he became one of the best defenseman you guys ever had. Could be a similar situation. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I think Phaneuf is extremely overrated.

No Phaneuf for DET it looks like, instead Zidlicky for a conditional 3rd.

Can't dislike that deal at all.

Instantly improves our 5v5 puck movement, improves our second PP unit to make our first ranked PP even more deadly while costing us next to nothing.

Pick becomes a second rounder if we make the SCF which is nothing to pay for that.

Nah, last year was way worse. I thought this had a decent amount of good deals.

I get to laugh at the Pens for trading away Despres which might have been the worst deal today.