Official National Hockey League Thread

You won't get a significant return with Eberle/Hall especially considering what they need that #1 pick will easily get what they desperately need.

some kind of 3 way deal to get Cam Ward from Carolina and a top 2 defenseman from some team in a huge 3-way player deal of some sort.

McDavid won't save that franchise. Not a fucking chance.

Nah they should keep McD and just trade Eberle/Hall instead. yah, fuck EDM. He should have went to ARZ if anyone but us.

This. Trade Eberle for a defenseman of equal value.

McDavid might be the best player in the world one day. You don't trade that kind of potential.

You won't get a significant return with Eberle/Hall especially considering what they need that #1 pick will easily get what they desperately need.

some kind of 3 way deal to get Cam Ward from Carolina and a top 2 defenseman from some team in a huge 3-way player deal of some sort.

McDavid won't save that franchise. Not a fucking chance.

So Cam Ward will? You're crazy if you think Eberle/Hall won't have enough value to bring in pieces they need. Hall is a top 5 LW in the game. Eberle is a solid first line winger (60 point players don't grow on trees (just look at your boy Max Pacioretty)).

So Cam Ward will? You're crazy if you think Eberle/Hall won't have enough value to bring in pieces they need. Hall is a top 5 LW in the game. Eberle is a solid first line winger (60 point players don't grow on trees (just look at your boy Max Pacioretty)).

I'm just saying that both won't get you what you desperately need. I never said those players don't have value, that #1 pick has a ton more value than those 2 combined.

I never said Cam Ward would save the franchise, but it's a start to get a proven starter that they've been lacking for nearly a decade.

He'd be an upgrade on Scrivens for sure, but I wouldn't even think about trading McDavid for a package of Ward, Justin Faulk, and Elias Lindholm. McDavid's that good.

I don't get trading for a goalie anyways. Niemi, Neuvirth and Enroth are all FA's as of right now, just as good as old ass overpaid Cam Ward.

I don't get trading for a goalie anyways. Niemi, Neuvirth and Enroth are all FA's as of right now, just as good as old ass overpaid Cam Ward.

None of those guys are really that much of an upgrade on Scrivens/Fasth (not that Ward is a big upgrade or anything). I guess Niemi is, but he's still just average at best. Part of the Sharks' problem this year was that they were 24th in save percentage.

They also play behind the fucking Edmonton Oilers defense. Fasth and Scrivens were good in Anaheim and LA, albeit for a short time. Neither are starters, but they're not trash. They're solid backups on a decent team.

The Oilers should try to pry away a guy like Cam Talbot from the Rangers, or maybe one of Andersen/Gibson from the Ducks in a year or two once the Ducks pick one of them.

He'd be an upgrade on Scrivens for sure, but I wouldn't even think about trading McDavid for a package of Ward, Justin Faulk, and Elias Lindholm. McDavid's that good.

Who said Justin Faulk. I'm talking like a trade between Carolina and another team to get a defenseman and then Edmonton trading the #1 pick and possibly another player for Ward and that said defenseman. Carolina needs just as much a re-build as the Oilers do.

Hell forget the Defense, Eric Staal could do the trick, they need that big centerman that they've been lacking. There isn't enough veteran presence up front on that team so they need something.

Anyways on another note. Montreal wow. This team reminds me so much of the '93 Cup team, always coming from behind and finding ways to win. It's fun to watch!

Who said Justin Faulk. I'm talking like a trade between Carolina and another team to get a defenseman and then Edmonton trading the #1 pick and possibly another player for Ward and that said defenseman. Carolina needs just as much a re-build as the Oilers do.

Hell forget the Defense, Eric Staal could do the trick, they need that big centerman that they've been lacking. There isn't enough veteran presence up front on that team so they need something.

Anyways on another note. Montreal wow. This team reminds me so much of the '93 Cup team, always coming from behind and finding ways to win. It's fun to watch!

Justin Faulk is the best defenseman on the Hurricanes, I was just using him as an example.

No matter, I wouldn't trade McDavid.

I'm feeling confident with Rangers this year as long as we do not end up against the Lightnings in the ECF. Hoping for Rangers and Nashville or Ducks in the finals.

Blues came out playing Blues hockey and it was a good time.
Sure the score felt good. But mostly it was the intensity and skill that they played with.
Go Blues!
Tarasenko is so fucking good

Fucking annoying that we could have Tarasenko (who have had an amazing season), Fowler or Gormely but instead we picked fucking McIlrath who will probably never see the NHL on a daily basis unless he's traded to the Bruins.