Official National Hockey League Thread

Despite the Sharks having been a 'mini' rival in the past, go Sharks! Fuck Pittsburgh.

If I see Crosby get to lift the Cup again after that robbery in '09 I'll be sick.

Just out of curiousity, how would you rank the Wings' rivals? I'd have to imagine Anaheim is at least somewhere up there.

Just out of curiousity, how would you rank the Wings' rivals? I'd have to imagine Anaheim is at least somewhere up there.

My #1 will always be Chicago - a mix of Toronto/Boston/Montreal/Pittsburgh follows

I'd probably place Anaheim somewhere below that group

Colorado would be higher up, but they've just been too awful a team to truly hate and watching Roy ruin the team is even funnier to me

Last edited:
Yeah I'd agree with that. Obviously all time, Detroit's biggest rivals are Chicago, Toronto, etc., but for the time period of late 90s/00s, I think Detroit-Anaheim was a pretty good rivalry, one of the better ones in the West* ... 6 playoff series in 16 years... Anaheim wasn't a real cup contender for a while (even with the 03 run, they weren't real contenders yet), and it never reached Detroit-Colorado levels of hatred, but it lasted longer, as the rivalry with Colorado pretty much ended when you beat them by 7 in game 7 in 2002. Kinda sucks that most of these rivalries are dead, but at least (for us out here) the rivalries with the other California teams have gotten better, although the rivalries between the fanbases have always been there.

*even though pretty much every western team's fanbase will claim to have had some sort of rivalry with the Wings lol

Ok. Kirk Muller can be a good coach but look how he did in Carolina. It was awful. Plus Kirk Muller should of stayed in Montreal because ever since he left our PP has been ass.

EDIT:
yep, now Kirk Muller has stepped down. *sigh*

Well he came back straight to Montreal. :D THIS IS REAL GOOD FOR THEM.

Last edited:
Lmao

Montreal is taking offers for Subban

A source from the Oilers saying that Montreal set the asking price at 4OA + Draisaitl

I hope that Montreal is dumb enough to do this

Well, it cost us being able to draft Chychrun but we got rid of Datsyuk's contract which gives us a shot at Stamkos

Also got a 2nd round pick so okay a win

Honestly really happy with Nylander, Asplund and the Kulikov trade. Lot of young players not getting tendered though, interesting

This is a crazy day for hockey...

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.
Shea Weber for PK Subban.

Stamkos staying in Tampa (fuck...).

This is a crazy day for hockey...

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.
Shea Weber for PK Subban.

Terrible trades for Montreal and Edmonton. I know Edmonton needs defense but Adam Larsson isn't a Taylor Hall level of player. If New Jersey added a first round pick then maybe it would make more sense.

As for Weber and Subban I'd say the latter has the edge today and he is four years younger at that.

Terrible trades for Montreal and Edmonton. I know Edmonton needs defense but Adam Larsson isn't a Taylor Hall level of player. As for Weber and Subban I'd say the latter has the edge today and he is four years younger at that.
If someone would ask me today 'Weber or Subban?' I would say Weber without doubts but Weber is older and has a terrible contract so Nashville won this trade in the longrun.

I can't stop laughing at Hall - Larsson trade. Edmonton have reached a new level of stupidity and poor Hall... traded from the worst Canadian team to the worst American team.

I think the Montreal trade is more of a we are going for the cup kind of trade. Weber is constantly mentioned in Olympic talks and such and the leadership he brings is much more than Subban, they just need a top 6 scoring winger like Okposo or Eriksson and I think they can make a good push.

But long term, Nashville wins this trade by miles.

In all honesty, Stamkos probably would've just delayed your rebuild. Even if you got him I don't think you'd be contenders, probably just the Eastern Conference version of the Minnesota Wild.

Devils won't be the 'worst American team' with Hall. They have arguably the best goaltender in the sport, and their forwards corps is actually quite formidable now with Hall, Palmieri, Cammalleri, etc.

In all honesty, Stamkos probably would've just delayed your rebuild. Even if you got him I don't think you'd be contenders, probably just the Eastern Conference version of the Minnesota Wild.

The Red Wings are pretty unique in that they're not a "re-build" type organization in the same sense as others. They maintain a high or at worst mediocre level through smart trades and smart drafting along with good development, so it's possible they would've managed to become a contender with Stamkos and a few other pieces.

Stamkos + a trade for either Shattenkirk or Fowler is a massive step towards being competitive again

It wouldn't have made them cup favorites, but it would have made them more than first round fodder at least

However, at this point who knows - we're in a bad position in we're too shitty to make a big push in the playoffs, but not shitty enough to be a lottery team (though who knows this year, and a shot at Liljegren...woo boy)