Opeth....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authentic Metalhead said:
The average death metal fan (referring to many on this forum) dislikes Opeth because they are not immediately rewarding like many death metal bands tend to be (though to say that is a bit presumptious). There are many elements that go into their songwriting, even some non-metal elements, and this is likely why they are passed off as "boring". I, however, think they are anything but. They're not completely focused on making "kick-ass riffs" and expound on other sections of their musical makeup on each album. Boring is hardly the word.

No I understand, just think it's bland and overproduced, except early Opeth, though they do have some sweet riffage every once in a while. Damnation was awesome too. I like Nile and they incorporate many non-metal elements and i find nothing boring about them.

Authentic Metalhead said:
The average death metal fan (referring to many on this forum) dislikes Opeth because they are not immediately rewarding like many death metal bands tend to be (though to say that is a bit presumptious). There are many elements that go into their songwriting, even some non-metal elements, and this is likely why they are passed off as "boring". I, however, think they are anything but. They're not completely focused on making "kick-ass riffs" and expound on other sections of their musical makeup on each album. Boring is hardly the word.

You type like your head is lodged half a foot up your arse and your post is also a load of bollocks. Most people who find them boring do so because they don't like 10 minutes of riffs strung together, it's that simple.

Nile is nuts! Opeth are a good listen though, if you have the musical patience for the long ass songs. I'd like to write 10 minute songs and have them stay interesting the entire time through, takes alot of thought to do that kind of shit. :kickass: To each their own though! Hooray.

standablaze said:
Nile is nuts! Opeth are a good listen though, if you have the musical patience for the long ass songs. I'd like to write 10 minute songs and have them stay interesting the entire time through, takes alot of thought to do that kind of shit. :kickass: To each their own though! Hooray.

Every opeth song has the same components.... over and over again. No variation.

I don't get the 10 minute song argument. MOST bands within the extreme metal genre pretty frequently have songs that top 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.