Opeth....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't listened to these guys in a couple of years, but from memory:

Orchid, MAYH and Still Life > the rest. Morningrise was a bit of a misstep. Blackwater Park and on do not compare.

Maybe misstep is a bit strong, it has some great songs (The Night and the Silent Water & To Bid You Farewell are my favourites) but isn't as consistent as the albums before or after it. But that's just me.

faith no more said:
You are a joke.

says the guy with the bon jovi/poison sig..

i smell a pussy

EDIT: i love credence its one of my fav's... you dont have to defend your "metal" by saying you dont like thier soft songs, thats whay makes opeth, they have a perfect ballance.

beh. What put me off opeth in the end was their over dramatic turns between acoustic and distorted sections, which started to get forced and predictable.

For some reason their repeating a riff x 4 times is more noticeable than ANY OTHER BAND.

Also GR was painfully unoriginal, showing their age. I've come to the realisation that their sense of melody is not really that exciting. Everything they did on GR sounds so re-hashed

I LOVE Opeth but I understand alot of what people say about them, I personaly hate there strumming of chords when its heavy but thats just me, but thier music is so moving and touching its indescribable like To Bid You Farwell, unbelivable

Status
Not open for further replies.