opeths next album

cuntface said:
playing cymbals and drums in differnt time signatures................:erk:
yep need great coordination to drum like this...It's like having four hands and playing two lead and rhythm guitar at the same time.

paradoxile said:
yep need great coordination to drum like this...It's like having four hands and playing two lead and rhythm guitar at the same time.
i know what it is but it wont be in diffent time sigs

Illuminatixvx said:
Ghost Reveries is a bad album. It didn’t present any real progression for Opeth’s overall sound.

while musically, you can deny any sort of progression (arguably still, seeing as feel that the new album had a much more experimental edge in it), but the progression in vocals is clear, and a huge change in Opeths sound. Obviously, the album is primarily clean vocals, but thats not what i'm talking about. it also has to do with the arrangement and execution of the vocals, which are done in ways, for the most part, not really seen by them. and they take a pretty nice departure form the usual, toned down, soft melodic clean vocals. Hours of wealth was an amazing showing of Akerfeldts melodic vocals, and is obviously the primary focus of the song (vocals i mean) and something that crisp and powerful, and the way it was done, was quite different. They also had alot more variation within each song in terms of the soft and heavy contrast.

for me, the progression was mainly in vocals...

and from alot that ive read, not just here, alot of people dont like the shift away from death vocals...i for one, think it was tasteful, and necessary.

unless, of course, they only shifted away because mikael is getting old and just cant sustain a growl like the old days :p

Braighs said:
The cymbals are in 4/4.
the snare is in 12/8.

so it lines up like this...
././././././././
/../../../../../

or something similar.
clearly a time sig mean nothing to you people

you are simlpy talking about rythum

WHATEVER BrO!!! you understood, weunderstood, everyone understtod... what's the difference how we call it?!?!?!?!?!

i dont like you !

worldwide_suicide said:
WHATEVER BrO!!! you understood, weunderstood, everyone understtod... what's the difference how we call it?!?!?!?!?!

i dont like you !
because u clearly dont have any idea what it is. so dont use it

and i dont like uwanker!

now i dont like you even more!!

i'm gonna beat the hell out of you in different time signatures!!!!!

how's that for good use of it,eh? ....... EH?!

I agree that the vocals on the new album have a clear progression. I doubt, however, that there are less death vocals because of Mike's decreasing ability. I for one think that the Death growls have also improved immensely, they are much more powerful - perhaps i was just the production... but I dunno... Last time I saw them live too Mike's vocals were far better than the earlier years