I tried to call
I just couldn't wait
And your message was out of date
So I left my voice on your machine
But you did not respond
OK OK OK you've won
You make me feel so low
So low

I remember Wankerness too, infact this is the lyric i always recall to when i talk about lyrics i love with Steven...His lyrics are of such quality and in such way written that some people can really relate to it and therefore really love it...others who can't just straight out hate it.

But I hated every minute
I was waiting for your email
And each day that you forgot to call
Just made me feel so low
So low

Christmas 1998
I tried to call
I just couldn't wait
But you did not respond
OK OK OK you've won
You make me feel so low
So low

lol

yeah go listen to some quality music like in flames

rofl sounds like a bit of jealousy there

Words of Credence said:
Now now, don't be so hard on yourself young padawan.

christ you didn't get it the first time, did you? fuck off

sorry but I'd take anders writing a song about the birth of his daughter versus wilson's meandering, pretentious "OMGPROG" lyrics about xbox and sex being boring to a 10 year old.

I swear people on this forum are really fucking dumb, and this is no exception

I find it kind of interesting that people care so much about lyrics on an Opeth forum. Whether or not you like the lyrics to FOABP, most people that are whining obviously don't understand the main point/message. That or they just enjoy being trolls.

Whether or not you like the lyrics to FOABP, most people that are whining obviously don't understand the main point/message.

what? PT lyrics are awfully simple and to the point. how cognitively challenged would one have to be to have trouble grasping the point of FOABP?

That or they just enjoy being trolls.

right, so either you're in love with PT or you're a troll for disliking them.

Porcupine Tree arent that great.
Tbh ive only heard one album properly, but there was enough on that album to make me not want to get another.

what? PT lyrics are awfully simple and to the point. how cognitively challenged would one have to be to have trouble grasping the point of FOABP?

right, so either you're in love with PT or you're a troll for disliking them.

I guess VERY cognitively challenged, since it isn't that hard. However, many people on here still seem to have a hard time with it. I am not saying PT has fantastic lyrics, it is just annoying to hear the same retarded comments that are way off the mark with regards to the lyrics on FOABP. That being said, the lyrics are FOABP are not my favorite either, but the overall message on modern society gives some food for thought in my opinion. In general I care less about what the actual lyrics are and more about the way they sound within the music, and of course the music itself. For example, I love King Crimson but look at some of the lyrics on The ConstruKction of Light. I wonder how many people really care that much about Opeth lyrics, because not all of them are great either. Nah, I never said that someone was a troll for disliking them, just for making stupid comments. AKA, "sorry but I'd take anders writing a song about the birth of his daughter versus wilson's meandering, pretentious "OMGPROG" lyrics about xbox and sex being boring to a 10 year old."

What do you mean lol?
You don't know what he felt when he wrote that..
Atleast steven writes lyrics with real emotions, not some artificial, senseless trivial crap i'm sure you love...

I don't think that anyone has a problem with Steven writing about his emotions. It's the way that he expresses them is not to some peoples liking.

What do you mean lol?
You don't know what he felt when he wrote that..
Atleast steven writes lyrics with real emotions, not some artificial, senseless trivial crap i'm sure you love...

I don't think that anyone has a problem with Steven writing about his emotions. It's the way that he expresses them is not to some peoples liking.

what the fuck is up with all of the PT bashing all of a sudden? steven wilson's lyrics were never really super in depth, and that doesn't mean they aren't good.

fear of a blank planet is a superb album.

so let those people not listen to him, and not come on forums and troll for no apparent reason.

No one is trolling - he presented his opinions very clearly with good reasoning behind them. He just doesn't agree with you. And he wanted to voice his opinion. Which, I think, you are allowed and maybe even encounraged to do on forums. Though I may be wrong here...

lol his lyrics never fit with the music thats a fact. shoving in things from modern culture has never worked in music without it sounding bullshit. no need to put stuff like, prada shoes, xbox, ipod, etc etc into music that is supposed to be taken in a non-literal way. its almost like some sort of terrible attempt at juxtaposition. absolutely horrific

radiohead pulled it off quite well at times.

But I hated every minute
I was waiting for your email
And each day that you forgot to call
Just made me feel so low
So low

Christmas 1998
I tried to call
I just couldn't wait
But you did not respond
OK OK OK you've won
You make me feel so low
So low

yes wankerness always mentioned these lyrics when the topic came up. i never understood what is wrong with them. they are very simple, honest lyrics to a very simple song... and obviously they are very personal and completely directed to someone in particular.

Nah, I never said that someone was a troll for disliking them, just for making stupid comments. AKA, "sorry but I'd take anders writing a song about the birth of his daughter versus wilson's meandering, pretentious "OMGPROG" lyrics about xbox and sex being boring to a 10 year old."

it's the truth - give me "come clarity" (the song) over "fear of a blank planet" (the song) any day of the week. it's quite sad because anders isn't even a native english speaker, either. but that specific lyric has a lot more to do with "reality" than talking about xbox does.

again, I don't know about you guys but I certainly dont know any 10 year olds who think sex is boring, much less even have sex to begin with.

Just curious at to where you came up with the 10 year old thing? I thought it was supposed to be at least preteen to teen (12-15 year old range). That would make a little more sense. Yea, I would rather read Anders lyrics then Wilson's, but I sure as hell would rather listen to Wilson sing. Anyways, anyone else enjoy the Opeth like riff in the beginning after the Dun Dun Dun, and the spoken word part at the end after the snare roll and then the weird keyboard part after that?