ROADRUNNER UNITED

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Roadrunner United

various_roadrunner.jpg

The mix of “in the fire” (track 4) really surprised me, Andy was able to capture that vibe from the classic King Diamond albums and bring it on to a new level. All the classic vocal and solo fx were placed in a perfect manner.

I just can’t believe this kid Matthew K. Heafy (from Trivium) was able to write such amazing song that not even Andy LaRoque or King have been able to achieve for years.

Anyway, thanks Andy, finally I’m able to listen to a King Diamond song the way it should sound after 15 years.

amps(and guitars if possible) used on "the enemy" and "anihilation by the hands of god"

Great album

Independent (Voice of the Voiceless) is my fave on this album. Max's vocals like they should be, Andols' drumming is just fucking heavy. And you can't get much better than Rob Flynn for heavy ass riffs.

Just picked this up yesterday (previously only heard it at a friends). I loved watching the dvd, seeing Andols do his thing, and especially seeing James laying down some leads. Really good album.

The mix of “in the fire” (track 4) really surprised me, Andy was able to capture that vibe from the classic King Diamond albums and bring it on to a new level. All the classic vocal and solo fx were placed in a perfect manner.

I just can’t believe this kid Matthew K. Heafy (from Trivium) was able to write such amazing song that not even Andy LaRoque or King have been able to achieve for years.

Anyway, thanks Andy, finally I’m able to listen to a King Diamond song the way it should sound after 15 years.

Yeah, listening to this again, Andy really nailed King Diamonds vocals.

This might be my observation or maybe the clips on the DVDs where to short.
In general Joey Jordison is a real hyped drummer, a lot of young kids like him and adore him, see him as the best drummer ever.
But when you listen and look at the videos showed on the DVD I couldn't ignore the fact that especially Dave Chavarri & Mike Smith where much tighter on the playing in those videos.

I think that Dave Chavarri is a very underrated drummer! He's allready played in several bands, saw him live with Ill Nino, and although it might not be the most technical/difficult stuff ever, he was tight and spot on! The fact that he plays in such a commercially hyped band as Ill Nino is probally why he is so much overlooked in general by the metal population for drummers.

And for Mike Smith, I feel that in general the metal scene gives him the respect that he deserves, he's a true genious in what he does!

This might be my observation or maybe the clips on the DVDs where to short.
In general Joey Jordison is a real hyped drummer, a lot of young kids like him and adore him, see him as the best drummer ever.
But when you listen and look at the videos showed on the DVD I couldn't ignore the fact that especially Dave Chavarri & Mike Smith where much tighter on the playing in those videos.

I think that Dave Chavarri is a very underrated drummer! He's allready played in several bands, saw him live with Ill Nino, and although it might not be the most technical/difficult stuff ever, he was tight and spot on! The fact that he plays in such a commercially hyped band as Ill Nino is probally why he is so much overlooked in general by the metal population for drummers.

And for Mike Smith, I feel that in general the metal scene gives him the respect that he deserves, he's a true genious in what he does!

I agree on the fact that Dave Chavarri's drumming is great in this DVD (the guy was on Merauder's 3rd album... and Merauder = Gods !), as well as Mike Smith's (C'mon Suffocation !!!), but i wouldn't consider Joey Jordison average or something.

He's praised by the kids because Slipknot is very popular that's it. It doesn't make him sloppier or something. And on the DVD his performance wasn't sloppy at all to me.

Yeah, Joey is very talented to me, some of his fills on the first Slipknot record are just sick. And he didn't seem sloppy to me at all, in fact the drummer that I disliked most on the video was Johnny Kelly, looked liked he had to put in way too much effort to play what never seemed very complicated beats.

Ok, maybe sloppy isn't the proper word. But to me when playing (also listening to the CD itself), it feels that it's just not as "in the pocket" as Dave & Mike. Like it's very good what Joey does, but it's like losing your virginity to a woman, or losing your virginity to a woman with bigger t & a. Both great, other just a bit better...

Joey's good, but he blasts with 2 feet :)

Most drummers blast with 2 feet. There's just a couple of drummers who still blast with one foot (Derek Roddy, George Kolias, the guy from Burnt by the sun, ...), but they also blast with 2 feet, they just do both techniques because it sounds a tad different (and blasting with one foot frees the other foot for other stuff like hi-hat pedal work), not because they consider one technique is better than the other one.

Most drummers blast with 2 feet. There's just a couple of drummers who still blast with one foot (Derek Roddy, George Kolias, the guy from Burnt by the sun, ...), but they also blast with 2 feet, they just do both techniques because it sounds a tad different (and blasting with one foot frees the other foot for other stuff like hi-hat pedal work), not because they consider one technique is better than the other one.

From the words of George, it just sounds better with one foot, its more of a driving force. Yeah free's the other up for hi hat work of ribbon crash work :kickass:

Its not better its just easier and dosent sound as good.