slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think sublimal verses is the best they have ever done. its aggressive, well produced, nicely arranged, and it has a few leads.

Yeah, Subliminal Verses is a pretty decent album, they really improved musically AND lyrically on that one. Their older stuff was ok, it just seemed a bit... sloppy.

Slipknot IS metal. Nu metal. But still a big piece of shit. they cant even play well a guitar and in concerts half of the fuckin band only headbangs when one sings an two or three play, WTF with that? ah forgot to say, shitty vocals, hear some melodic metal so maybe you'll stop being so stupid.

Slipknot are half decent (ish). I prefered Vol.3 as it was more musically/lyrically... sophisticated(?) than their earlier stuff. I dunno. I just know they improved on that album. They're not a band I'd listen to everyday though, but they're okay, real metal or not.

Hmmm I quite like slipknot, one of the few Nu Metal bands I can listen too.. The vocalist is good and the drummers also good. Guitarists aernt particularly good but it still sounds good to me.

Just because it sucks doesn't mean it isn't metal. nu-metal is a subgenre of metal, I don't really see the point in denying that. Metal is a very broad genre, including a ton of crappy bands.

Thank you! It's really annoying when there are Metalheads who think that everything they don't like isn't Metal. People don't realize that Heavy Metal is broader than they think, it was originally used to describe music like Hendrix, and Zeppelin. Both are Heavy Metal. And Slipknot (at least the songs I listened to) is Metal.

Thank you! It's really annoying when there are Metalheads who think that everything they don't like isn't Metal. People don't realize that Heavy Metal is broader than they think, it was originally used to describe music like Hendrix, and Zeppelin. Both are Heavy Metal. And Slipknot (at least the songs I listened to) is Metal.

You know absolutely nothing. Go listen to Manilla Road,Manowar,Overkill,Obituary,Opeth,Deathspell Omega,Blut Aus Nord,Lord Gore,Morbid Angel and Terrorizer and than tell me why Slipknot is metal.

I've only listened to a few of their songs, when my friends were playing guitar hero, and they sounded Metal to me, I don't know what they were called though.

But I just agree with that guy because I've noticed some Metalheads say a band is Metal if they like it or not if they don't.

Slipknot is numetal, which technically isn't metal because it's a parallel term to mallcore. The only thing I like about this band is Corey Taylor because of his contribution to Stonesour, which I thought was very impressive in comparison to his work with Slipknot...I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) I've even read that he believed he couldn't fully express himself with Slipknot, which was why he decided to form Stonesour. But yeah, who could fully express themselves with "you fucking touch me and I'll rip you apart, I'll reach in and take a bite out of the shit you call a heart"...soooo fucking creative:rolleyes:

I don't know why people argue over this shit, who cares if they're Metal or not, if you don't like them, then don't feel a need to convince others what genre they are. This is almost as annoying as the constant arguement over if MCR is Emo or not. Slipknot I mainly hate for the amount of arguing their fans start. If there fans never said they were Death Metal no one would be quarelling endlessly.

Slipknot is like the musical Paris Hilton, they're not bad enough to spark big talk but not good enough either, they're talked about because they are talked about.

I just don't think they're worth being talked about. They're not as bad as other bands, and they're not good enough to be liked as much as they are.

I personally like slipknot, not as much as i used to when i was younger
but there probably the first "heavy" band i heard about 3-4 years ago?
and i still do listen to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.