slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO vol.3 is the worst of their albums ever, self-titled was way better, even MFKR was better

there are plenty of underground nu-metal bands

I think that's why people (and I) consider it false Metal.

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

small_battle.jpg

Just to tell you that Static-X isn't Disco Death Metal lol...it's Industrial so says the Metal tree in "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" but whatever, that Mudvayne pic where they look like Aliens that's such an old pic lol...they look like a normal band now, just not too much metal IMO some songs are alright from them but whatever lol

hahahahahahahahahahaha... this is good. sorry, im sure someone said something about this, but i have to. Metal: A Headbangers Journey? hahahahahaha. please. they not only called cradle of filth black metal but norwegian as well. Did the guy makin the movie even do any research on this sh!t. lol.

anyway, i dont know if i would classify slipknot as metal, i think they are more of a hard rock or alternative rock. They also could be called nu metal but they dont share much similarity with bands such as limp bizkit and linkin park.

Nu metal - not metal
Metal must be a mix of blues, baroque and jazz. Blues for the tritone, bends, and electric guitar, jazz for the rhythms, changes and being a general baddass, and baroque for the shredz, strong cadences, and explosiveness. Would you say Slipknot is more blues or baroque? I think I can hear some ii7, V7, I7 and modes in slipknot. (just kidding).

The song wait and bleed is ok, its not a metal song, but its a decent song. This band isnt real metal. and i really dont like them.

I know the topic has probably moved on from it, but I actually like Iowa.
Not sure why, but something about the singing and waah-waah guitars clicks with me.

They sound nice if you listening to them 5 times, other than that, their sound is not very good. you don't realize how bad they are until you hear real metal. All Corey taylor sings about is his insecurity and sadness. He is a fucking lamer to be honest. Also, nobody except the drummer has any talent, and to make it worse, they all wear these retarded masks, except for maybe the lead guitar, they all look stupid.

i think sublimal verses is the best they have ever done. its aggressive, well produced, nicely arranged, and it has a few leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.