slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Dred said:
I HATE when people get technical. Slipknot is metal, plain and simple. You can argue all you want "they use turntables, they don't have guitar solos." So what? They are different, but that does not mean they aren't metal.

That statement is totally biased. You honestly think that if you took away the guitar, that Slipknot would be rap? Your eardrums must be broken. How the hell would they sound punk or pop? The voice is like a lot of the bands out today, as well as lyrics. The riffs are heavy, if that's not metal, then metal must be a very tiny genre.

Fine. i don't know what they would be but metal it sure as hell wont be. infact it ain't now anyway. they're voice is like alot of bands, yes. alot of NU Metal bands. man you need to start listening to real metal. Do you even know what a Metalic riff is? :lol:

ivry91 said:
Big lack in guitar solos, use of wayyyy to much elecronics, guitar riffs are horrible and the vocals ain't too chariming as well.

All that said what they create is a pop/elecronic infulenced metal - NU Metal.

Btw were lucky they havn't tryed rapping yet. :err:

Absolutely, lack of guitar solos, overly simplisitic riff structures, tuning and chords, none of it fits with what we find in metal.

Lol, King kong.

Slipknot rap too much. Have you heard My Plague and Spit It Out? God, that was (c)rappy. And then there was that bit when he tries to scream-rap, in that song, I think it was called Opium Of the People. GOD that sounded weird.

You don't consider them metal because you hate them. Tell me that nu-metal isn't actually metal. Then why the fuck the genre is called metal? Iowa album is definitly above nu-metal\fucking rap.

(M)aggoT said:
You don't consider them metal because you hate them. Tell me that nu-metal isn't actually metal. Then why the fuck the genre is called metal? Iowa album is definitly above nu-metal\fucking rap.

LOL, don't you mean you consider them metal because you like them and you're metal?

It's been explained already that they do not have elements that all/most other metal bands have, and therefore they're not metal. Distortion is not all that's needed to be in the metal genre. And Nu-metal was rhetoric, it was not seriously applied. We've shit like Acid and Nu jazz, and they're not jazz. It happens.

Well I consider them metal until they releaed "vol.3 blah blah". I bought it but it wasn't worth the price. They were metal when recording Iowa and s/t. I think that majority of SlipknoT tracks are metal, excluding the Subliminal Verses songs. At least they aren't a major fucking big sellout. If they were they already would kick out 4 of their members while recording Subliminal Verses. And oh... I didn't bought the "9.0 live" album.

Mike27 said:
agreed.

to you guys they may be sucky metal, but a least agree they are metal.

Nope, not Metal. NU Metal, the only reason it is called Metal is because of people who don't know what the hell metal is. (Mainsteam radio and shit like that)

Slipknot is a very good band. They are hated because they have incurred commercial success. Does that mean they sold out? No way. Jeff Hennamen and Kerry King are on record as saying they love Slipknot and listen to them. Just because their music doesn't fall into a nice neat catagory, does not mean it is NU-Metal. It just means it is new.

Reactions: redhotchili
good man. :kickass:

but my issue is people denying that they are metal. i know that they are not the most talented band on earth, and at least 3 of the band members are passengers, but they have come out with some quality tracks and albums.

Mike27 said:
good man. :kickass:

but my issue is people denying that they are metal. i know that they are not the most talented band on earth, and at least 3 of the band members are passengers, but they have come out with some quality tracks and albums.

You call a bunch of idiots making horrible noise alongside even worse guitar riffs metal? i call it NU Metal.

which IS metal!

jesus people........

....and yes slipknot "guitarists" do suck the big one.....

but still metal!

fah-q said:
Slipknot is a very good band. They are hated because they have incurred commercial success. Does that mean they sold out? No way. Jeff Hennamen and Kerry King are on record as saying they love Slipknot and listen to them. Just because their music doesn't fall into a nice neat catagory, does not mean it is NU-Metal. It just means it is new.

No people don't like them because they're horrible musicians making noise, and using gimmicks to sell shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.