slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first "heavy" band I listened to was Linkin Park. And I still like them. I also listen to Korn, I never got into Slipknot. I listen to pretty much everything.

I bought two of their albums when i first got into metal (IOWA, Subliminal Versus), but now i regret it since I'm not really into them much anymore, I found better stuff to listen to. I can't deny that they were a gateway to more extreme metal, so I respect them for that.

I don't like Slipknot. Not one bit, I don't see what the craze is. As I have stated before.

I am actually a fan of slipknot, as they were the first really heavy band i listened to. and i still like them and will probly see them live in january. anyway the reason i like them is because of 1. joey jordison and his mad drumming 2. mick thompson and his weird guitar licks (and i do admit that is sucks he doesnt do solos but no nu-metal bands do solos) 3. The fact that they have made a 9 peice band work.

Also people that are badmouthing the subliminal verses, i partially agree with you, as the really pissed me off with the release of vermillion part 2, as vermillion pt1 was awesome. But they have some really good rock tracks in there as well, circle is not a bad song if you like slow rock, its a change from their usual stuff. And Iowa and SlipKnot (their album) were pretty good aside from the tracks spit it out and No Life, as they are mainly rap tracks. BUT they have some crazy awesome tracks on there as well like I am Hated, and Everything Ends. They also have some pretty cool tracks that are scary cool like skin ticket.

I think that pretty much justifies why i like and hate slipknot.

you wouldnt think hes overrated if you had heard his solos, look them up on youtube. and his guitar skills arent too shabby either, which he demonstrates in his side band, murderdolls

I am actually a fan of slipknot, as they were the first really heavy band i listened to. and i still like them and will probly see them live in january. anyway the reason i like them is because of 1. joey jordison and his mad drumming 2. mick thompson and his weird guitar licks (and i do admit that is sucks he doesnt do solos but no nu-metal bands do solos) 3. The fact that they have made a 9 peice band work.

Also people that are badmouthing the subliminal verses, i partially agree with you, as the really pissed me off with the release of vermillion part 2, as vermillion pt1 was awesome. But they have some really good rock tracks in there as well, circle is not a bad song if you like slow rock, its a change from their usual stuff. And Iowa and SlipKnot (their album) were pretty good aside from the tracks spit it out and No Life, as they are mainly rap tracks. BUT they have some crazy awesome tracks on there as well like I am Hated, and Everything Ends. They also have some pretty cool tracks that are scary cool like skin ticket.

I think that pretty much justifies why i like and hate slipknot.

SlipKnoT are touring again???

you wouldnt think hes overrated if you had heard his solos, look them up on youtube. and his guitar skills arent too shabby either, which he demonstrates in his side band, murderdolls

Yeah I know Murderdolls, better than Slipknot but they're still pretty gay. As for Jordison's drumming, not that great, I've seen his solos and he's shit compared to other drummers out there, like Gil Sharone (Stolen Babies & DEP), Brann Dailor, Blake Richardson (BTBAM), Alexandre Pelletier (Despised Icon), the late Vitek, Dave Grohl (Probot & QOTSA) and many, many more.

The first "heavy" band I listened to was Linkin Park. And I still like them. I also listen to Korn, I never got into Slipknot. I listen to pretty much everything.

Feathers and Flames, man you seem like a nice guy, but there are 2 huge mistakes your making. 1) Referring to Linkin Park as "heavy" and listening to anything by "Korn". Period. 2) and if you listen to "Slipknot" you really need to enroll in some sort of "musical taste" school. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

I meant they were Heavier than what I listened to before them, which was mainly Rap. I listen to stuff that is way Heavier than Linkin Park. But I do just happen to like some Korn songs. And I don't listen to Slipknot. They piss me off because tons of people go around wearing Slipknot shirts acting as if they're real Metalheads.

I liked Opium Of The People, Spit It Out, and I didn't like My Plague.

Slipknot was my third metal band (yes this is a metal band, don't know why the hell this is under the non metal category). I listened to them for half a year. I would have still liked them also but I just found better stuff. As a result I still praise Slipknot for being a good introduction to metal. Although we all know there's better out there. The Slipknot "maggots" will soon grow their wings just like what maggots always do.What comes next? The continual harvesting of new real metal fans by Slipknot. The only thing is, they don't listen to Slipknot anymore.

Yeah, as much as Slipknot suck, they can be good training wheels for getting someone into Metal. I've gotten a few of my friends into Metal through Slipknot. I don't like Slipknot but I was always trying to introduce them to Metal, so I introduced them to Slipknot. And pretty soon they started liking Metal. And I was using Black Sabbath and Bathory for a while to get them into a Metal but Slipknot was the band that pretty much did the trick. Lots of Metalheads condemn Nu-Metal but without it a lot of them wouldn't even like Metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.